Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,564 members, 7,770,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:57 AM

Festive Meals. Things You Can Cook During The Holidays. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Festive Meals. Things You Can Cook During The Holidays. (704 Views)

Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. / Thread For Guys Who Can Cook / Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Festive Meals. Things You Can Cook During The Holidays. by tocheli(f): 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hi y'all
You know I am into fitness and living a healthy life? Ok, in case you didn't know, I also love food, hehehehe!! I love good food ehhh. I enjoy cooking, cooking makes me happy. When I am bored, I cook, lol. Anyways, this week is Christmas week, so I would love to share some of my recipes with you(not that they are things you never knew about, am just trying to have fun, make una no vex, lol.) I will try to make them a bit healthy for us, so that we don't feel too guilty while indulging. All week is all about food, food, food, fooood and more fooood. #operationopenbelle Woohoo!!

If you are looking for simple recipes to make for the family or add to your party menu, maybe some of what you find here will attract you. Today i'm sharing Chicken pepper soup!! This dish may not be a big deal, but nne/nna it tastes like happiness! Simple and yummy!!!!

Ingredients: Will feed 4 to 6 people

1 whole chicken: I used live chicken, they taste better, they give better flavor and aroma to the dish (and I get to use all the spare parts of the chicken, hehehe) My neighbors don hear nwii! Lol!
2 tsps pepper soup spice_ground.
3 fresh native yellow pepper_ground
2 tsps of crayfish_ground
Half a hand full of Scent leave(I just cant do without this herb)
Half a hand full of curry leaves_finely chopped
1/2 tsp of thyme.
1 small bay leaf.
1 small onion_chopped
1 garlic clove_crushed and chopped
Salt and seasoning cubes to taste.

How to cook:
For a deep flavor, please please and please marinate your chicken for at least 30 mins. The more you marinate, the deeper the flavor and the chicken comes out really tasty. I allowed mine 5 hours. Use all the spices, salt, seasoning cubes, onion, garlic, pepper to rub the chicken, then stick it into the fridge till you are ready to cook. Do not add water.
Bring out the chicken, add a cup of water and cook till the chicken is well done. Biko, me I don't eat bloody chicken, I cook my meat till well done!
When its ready, add more water, about 3 cups of BOILED water and allow to simmer, then add the chopped herbs. Taste for salt and turn of the heat.
Serve with boiled plantains, yam or potatoes. I had mine with some noodles for dinner.
Heat lovers, feel free to increase the amount of pepper in the dish. #sweatisgood

More recipes on my blog: http://www.theshapecube..com
Re: Festive Meals. Things You Can Cook During The Holidays. by holatin(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
ok o

(1) (Reply)

World's Most Expensive Burger Sells For $10,000 In Dubai / Edikang Ikong Soup (this Delicacy Is From Calabar) / OMG! Naairalanders Would You Eat This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.