Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren (2551 Views)

Renouncing My Christian Faith / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / What I Did With My Christian Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by AlBaqir(m): 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2014
I wish you a merry christmas on this auspicious occasion of the birth of Prophet Jesus (peace be on him).

Just like he (Jesus) was commanded to have said:
"And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!" ~sura Maryam:33

We say:
May the peace and blessing of God be upon Prophet Jesus (peace be on him). Indeed, he was among the Muqarabeen (closest to God), Quran concluded.

To my brethren, have a fun filled celebration.

2 Likes

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by AlBaqir(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
Rouhani congratulates Christians
worldwide on Xmas, New Year

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20141224/391649_Iran-President-Rouhani%20.jpg[/img]
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has
extended his congratulations to all Christians around the globe ahead of Christmas and the new Gregorian calendar year, saying a return to the sublime teachings of prophets is the only way for the mankind’s prosperity and progress.

“In today’s crisis-stricken world, where violence is featured more than divine mercy, peace and compassion, recourse to the lofty teachings of divine prophets is the only way to realize the prosperity and transcendence of humankind,” Rouhani wrote in his message on Wednesday.

He added that the Islamic Republic of Iran has tabled the proposal of the “World Against Violence and Extremism (WAVE),” which was unanimously endorsed as a UN resolution, as part of steps to promote security and development in the world,
and will continue its efforts along with other world countries for the mankind’s progress as well as respect to human dignity.

On December 18, 2013, the UN General Assembly overwhelmingly voted to approve Rouhani’s WAVE proposal, which calls on all nations across the globe to denounce violence and extremism.

Meanwhile, Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani on
Wednesday congratulated his Christian
counterparts on the advent of Christmas and the New Year.

The global community is more than ever in need of aspirations and values like justice, peace, fraternity, faith in God, as well as fighting against injustice, tyranny and ignorance, which were brought to the humankind by great divine prophets, he noted in his message.

“Violence and extremism are the concerns of all nations and followers of divine religions, whose security, tranquility and freedom are seriously threatened in many parts of the world, especially the occupied Palestine, Africa, and West Asia…,”
Larijani pointed out.

www.presstv.com/detail/2014/12/24/391649/rouhani-felicitates-christians-on-xmas/

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by AlBaqir(m): 8:24am On Dec 25, 2014
Imam Khamenie, the supreme leader of Iran:

"Unconcerned about the teachings of Jesus(as), the arrogant powers have tightened the living sphere for nations and oppressed people.

If JesusChrist (pbuh) were among us today, he would not spare a second to fight the heads of oppression and global arrogance and he would not tolerate the hunger and puzzlement of billions of people who are being exploited and pushed towards war, corruption and war-mongering by the arrogant powers."

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 8:42am On Dec 25, 2014
okay let me use this opportunity to make my own wishes

To my christian friends on this board:

I say [size=15pt] MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance [/size]

A big shout out to:

Sukkot (My Chief cool grin cheesy wink )

Francistony wink

Striktlyme (im not sure if i gt the correct spelling) smiley

Macelliot wink

Malviguy212 aka Moses grin

Truthman2012 grin

Pastorkun

Italo

BosstTdiamonds or Iandiamonds

Divepen.

Dapo777

Medunah wink

Marieole smiley

Jman05

Et-cetera! et-cetera!! et-cetera!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by AlBaqir(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

A big shout out to:

Francistony wink

Macelliot wink

Truthman2012 grin

Pastorkun

Italo

Divepen.

Dapo777

Medunah wink

Marieole smiley

Jman05

grin Your pals.

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by AlBaqir(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2014
IMAM KHOMEINI'S MESSAGE TO THE NOBLE CHRISTIAN PEOPLE OF THE WORLD ON THE OCCASSION OF CHRISTMAS.
In the name of God the merciful,the compassionate.

May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon Jesus the son of Mariam the great prophet who revived the dead and awakened the unaware.

May God's blessing and praises be upon his holy mother Hazrat-mariam the virgin Mary-who through the divine spirit gave a great son to those who were thirsty for divine mercy.

Greeting to the noble christian clergy who inspired by the holy teaching of Jesus christ try to pacify their soul. Praises to the noble christian nation who enjoy the divine teachings of Jesus christ.

On behalf of the oppressed people of Iran, I ask you the christian people to pray for our people who are suffering from the despotic tyrant on your holy days and ask Allah for their emancipation. I ask you the great christian nation to warn the heads of some christian countries helping the tyrannical Shah with their satanic powers in crushing a whole nation under oppression, and to acquaint them with the teachings of Jesus christ. I ask the christian clergy to advise the heads of some powerful countries and to denounce their support of the one who has always acted against divine precepts. The holy Quran has lauded Jesus christ for great for his greatness and referred to Hazrat mariam as a purified being.

Peace be upon you,

Ruhollah Al-musawi Al-khomeini December 23,1978.

Happy christmas to all our christian friends.

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2014
AlBaqir:

grin Your pals.

Oh Yeah! Awon goons mi grin grin

Nice thread here bro...Nice thread.

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by sukkot: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

A big shout out to:

Francistony wink

Macelliot wink

Truthman2012 grin

Pastorkun

Italo

Divepen.

Dapo777

Medunah wink

Marieole smiley

Jman05

my ogapatapata at the top i salute. trust you are enjoying this festive season. keresimesi odun de odun olowo odun olomo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
sukkot:
my ogapatapata at the top i salute. trust you are enjoying this festive season. keresimesi odun de odun olowo odun olomo grin grin

My chief sukkot grin grin I troway hailings....we are definitely enjoying it here.. How your side my chief?
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by sukkot: 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

My chief sukkot grin grin I troway hailings....we are definitely enjoying it here.. How your side my chief?
hehe my bros, nothing dey my side at all except cold , cold and more cold. christmas no dey sweet for this side at all. these oyinbos no sabi celebrate like naija people grin

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
sukkot:
hehe my bros, nothing dey my side at all except cold , cold and more cold. christmas no dey sweet for this side at all. these oyinbos no sabi celebrate like naija people grin

Hehehehe....grin grin

You don miss....Are they throwing knockouts over there too? grin grin cus its like a world war is goin on here, knockout aka bangers has been banging everywhere here and its gon' be like that till after new year...Its been lively so far cheesy
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by PastorKun(m): 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

A big shout out to:

Francistony wink

Macelliot wink

Truthman2012 grin

Pastorkun

Italo

Divepen.

Dapo777

Medunah wink

Marieole smiley

Jman05

Thanx bro, wishing you all the best + the love of Christ wink in the new year as well.
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by sukkot: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Hehehehe....grin grin

You don miss....Are they throwing knockouts over there too? grin grin cus its like a world war is goin on here, knockout aka bangers has been banging everywhere here and its gon' be like that till after new year...Its been lively so far cheesy
man am telling you, north south east and west but home is always home. see as you dey make me miss naija like this Rilwayne ? dia ris god oooooooo cry grin grin

my bros, never mind knockout, even one single person no dey for street for here. e quiet like graveyard no be small tin ooo bros. well me i dey kuku enter naija finally this year january or february at most. make i come follow una throw banger on gej and patience cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
sukkot:
man am telling you, north south east and west but home is always home. see as you dey make me miss naija like this Rilwayne ? dia ris god oooooooo cry grin grin

my bros, never mind knockout, even one single person no dey for street for here. e quiet like graveyard no be small tin ooo bros. well me i dey kuku enter naija finally this year january or february at most. make i come follow una throw banger on gej and patience cheesy cheesy

That will be very good....We are anticipating for it as well…Till then stay Cool My Chief wink smiley
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

A big shout out to:

Francistony wink

Macelliot wink

Truthman2012 grin

Pastorkun

Italo

Divepen.

Dapo777

Medunah wink

Marieole smiley

Jman05

I appreciate your recognizing me, but I don't celebrate Christmas.
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
JMAN05:

I appreciate your recognizing me, but I don't celebrate Christmas.

...I know, but yet we all are celebrating it , for most of our friends are die-hard fans of father xmas grin grin e.g my boy francistony...

See ehn...i don dey eat rice and chicken since morning grin...Like 5 plates dey ground now. How far? do i send you one? wink

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Emusan(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

...I know, but yet we all are celebrating it , for most of our friends are die-hard fans of father xmas grin grin e.g my boy francistony...

See ehn...i don dey eat rice and chicken since morning grin...Like 5 plates dey ground now. How far? do i send you one? wink

If eating rice and chicken is why you're celebrating Christmas I'm SMH

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Emusan:

If eating rice and chicken is why you're celebrating Christmas I'm SMH

grin grin Hey! longest time.

For what other reason(s) should it be abegg??

**continues eating my R and C** grin grin
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Medunah: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

A big shout out to:

Francistony wink

Macelliot wink

Truthman2012 grin

Pastorkun

Italo

Divepen.

Dapo777

Medunah wink

Marieole smiley

Jman05

Thanks, already 4got u aint xtian, wished you merry xmas. All the same, have a fun filled day

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
Medunah:

Thanks, already 4got u aint xtian, wished you merry xmas. All the same, have a fun filled day

Thanks dearie……you too wink wink

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Emusan(m): 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin Hey! longest time.

For what other reason(s) should it be abegg??

**continues eating my R and C** grin grin

No see my brother from another mother grin grin

Christmas is a season of remembrance that THE SAVIOUR of the world has been born.

Jesus Christ died over 2000years ago YET nobody ever addressed Him as Late Jesus Christ even Muslims can testify.

That's the reason of Christmas brother.
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

A big shout out to:

Francistony wink

Macelliot wink

Truthman2012 grin

Pastorkun

Italo

Divepen.

Dapo777

Medunah wink

Marieole smiley

Jman05

Same to you
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
Emusan:

No see my brother from another mother grin grin

Christmas is a season of remembrance that THE SAVIOUR of the world has been born.

We all know a date (25th of December which is today) was fixed to celebrate his birth. No one know the exact date he was born.

Meanwhile, not all christians celebrate it, but we all are eating Rice and Chickens grin grin

Jesus Christ died over 2000years ago YET nobody ever addressed Him as Late Jesus Christ even Muslims can testify.

Oh Yeah! Nobody address/refer him as Late Jesus Christ, or have you ever heard of Late Moses grin grin..

O Yeah! we testify, same way The Prophet (saw) is never addressed as Late.

That's the reason of Christmas brother.

Not a new thing my bros, everyone is aware of this....
Right here i've been eating R and C with my christian friends....Join us please wink wink

1 Like

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by italo: 7:28am On Dec 26, 2014
Rilwayne001:

A big shout out to:

Francistony wink

Macelliot wink

Truthman2012 grin

Pastorkun

Italo

Divepen.

Dapo777

Medunah wink

Marieole smiley

Jman05

Thank you. God bless you.
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2014
italo:
Thank you. God bless you.

You too ny bros cool
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Rilwayne001: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

A big shout out to:
Francistony
Striktlyme
Macelliot
Malviguy212 aka Moses
Truthman2012 grin
Pastorkun
Italo
Divepen
Medunah
Marieole
Jman05
Ana09 kiss Parisbookaddict, emusan, albhagdadi, annunaki, mrpresident1

Etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by alBHAGDADI: 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

An.a09 kiss Parisb.ookaddict, emu.san, albha.gdadi, annu.naki,

Etc
Now that you've greeted us cos we greeted you happy Allah first, hope you won't FORCE us to the narrowest part of the road. Pls, don't use bomb it achieve that o.

Sahih Muslim (2167) -

"Allah's Messenger said: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads FORCE him to go to the narrowest part of it."
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by parisbookaddict(f): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Ana09 kiss Parisbookaddict, emusan, albhagdadi, annunaki, mrpresident1

Etc

Same to you buddy. smiley
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by AlBaqir(m): 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Now that you've greeted us cos we greeted you happy Allah first, hope you won't FORCE us to the narrowest part of the road. Pls, don't use bomb it achieve that o.

Sahih Muslim (2167) -

"Allah's Messenger said: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads FORCE him to go to the narrowest part of it."

Believe me, that kind of hadith is nothing but pure fabrication.

# Our Prophet preach courtesy and respect not only for the fellow Muslim but humanity. There are evidence for this fact in both the Quran and his sayings. This simply tell us that any of " his saying" contrary to Quran and other sayings are fake and not from him.

# In the history of Islam, talk about "war, hatred, etc on the christians and the jews", the command of Quran and the Prophet are only against the traitors from among the Jews and the Christians who out of jealousy pact with the idolators and Muslim hypocrites.

# Imagine, the prophet of Islam hosting the Christian of Najran in his mosque for days!

# Imagine the Christians and Jews chosen to live under the guardianship of the Prophet of Islam when he established Islamic government in Kaduna!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Empiree: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
^^

Sahih Muslim (2167) -

I wouldn't say it is a fabriated hadith. Rather, those who use the hadith do not do so in its wide context. There are many ahadith talking about initiating greeting and spreading peace (to muslims and non-muslims).

The above hadith are used by extreme people with half knowledge. Some scholars prohibited initiating the greeting of peace with non-Muslims based upon the statement of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him:

لَا تَبْدَءُوا الْيَهُودَ وَلَا النَّصَارَى بِالسَّلَامِ

Do not initiate the greeting of peace with the Jews and Christians.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2167, Grade: Sahih

These scholars understood this to be a general rule. However, in many other scholar's view, the stronger opinion is that the narrations commanding us to spread peace are the general rule, and this narration is specific to the incident in which there were declared hostilities between some Jewish tribes, their allies, and the Muslims.

Ibn Al-Qayyim writes:

لَكِنْ قَدْ قِيلَ إِنَّ هَذَا كَانَ فِي قَضِيَّةٍ خَاصَّةٍ لَمَّا سَارُوا إِلَى بَنِي قُرَيْظَةَ

It is said that this was in a specific situation, when they were marching to Banu Qurayzah

Source: Zād al-Ma’ād 2/388

Other versions of this tradition demonstrate that the Prophet said this during the campaign against Banu Qurayzah, a Jewish tribe who had betrayed the Muslims and aided their enemies in a war of extermination.

Abu Basrah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

إِنَّا غَادُونَ عَلَى يَهُودَ فَلَا تَبْدَءُوهُمْ بِالسَّلَامِ فَإِذَا سَلَّمُوا عَلَيْكُمْ فَقُولُوا وَعَلَيْكُمْ

Verily, I will depart against the Jews in the morning, so do not greet them with peace and if they greet you with peace, then say: And upon you.

Source: Musnad Ahmad 26695, Grade: Sahih

So the hadith quoted by albhagdadi is isolated one. NOT general rule.

WaAllahu Alam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
Empiree:
^^

I wouldn't say it is a fabriated hadith. Rather, those who use the hadith do not do so in its wide context. There are many ahadith talking about initiating greeting and spreading peace (to muslims and non-muslims).

The above hadith are used by extreme people with half knowledge. Some scholars prohibited initiating the greeting of peace with non-Muslims based upon the statement of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him:

لَا تَبْدَءُوا الْيَهُودَ وَلَا النَّصَارَى بِالسَّلَامِ

Do not initiate the greeting of peace with the Jews and Christians.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2167, Grade: Sahih

These scholars understood this to be a general rule. However, in many other scholar's view, the stronger opinion is that the narrations commanding us to spread peace are the general rule, and this narration is specific to the incident in which there were declared hostilities between some Jewish tribes, their allies, and the Muslims.

Ibn Al-Qayyim writes:

لَكِنْ قَدْ قِيلَ إِنَّ هَذَا كَانَ فِي قَضِيَّةٍ خَاصَّةٍ لَمَّا سَارُوا إِلَى بَنِي قُرَيْظَةَ

It is said that this was in a specific situation, when they were marching to Banu Qurayzah

Source: Zād al-Ma’ād 2/388

Other versions of this tradition demonstrate that the Prophet said this during the campaign against Banu Qurayzah, a Jewish tribe who had betrayed the Muslims and aided their enemies in a war of extermination.

Abu Basrah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

إِنَّا غَادُونَ عَلَى يَهُودَ فَلَا تَبْدَءُوهُمْ بِالسَّلَامِ فَإِذَا سَلَّمُوا عَلَيْكُمْ فَقُولُوا وَعَلَيْكُمْ

Verily, I will depart against the Jews in the morning, so do not greet them with peace and if they greet you with peace, then say: And upon you.

Source: Musnad Ahmad 26695, Grade: Sahih

So the hadith quoted by albhagdadi is isolated one. NOT general rule.

WaAllahu Alam

JZK.

That's the explanation. alBHAGDADI the Hadith is not a fabrication. Above is the explanation. I hope now you can recognized your Taqiya brother that declared the Hadith fabrication.

The Hadith Sahih Muslim is the second most authentic Hadith book after Sahih Bukhari.
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Demmzy15(m): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
parisbookaddict:

Same to you buddy. smiley
angry wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion / Atheism Is The Height Of Stupidity / What Is The Evidence That The Bible Is The Word Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.