Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

What I Did With My Christian Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Did With My Christian Faith? (2432 Views)

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / Renouncing My Christian Faith / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Did With My Christian Faith? by philfearon(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2015
And so I was having this conversation with someone who knew me before,and he was like:

Friend: what really happened to you? You have just changed totally.I could swear with my life for you in the past,but now,I don't even know you anymore..its like the devil has finally succeeded in decieving you? what happened to your Christian faith? is this how u now want to waste your life?
As he said all this things to me,with so many other things I can't type here,I was like:

Me: One thing with knowing certain things is that you can't un-know them..The time I was a Christian, I am not ashamed of it,I will never be Ashamed of it(cuz I didn't know better then)..
But now I know that it is not a Christian thing,that it's a religion thing and that it begins with the cultivation of that "mindset"...
Now,there are many people who know religion is a fraud,but still can't move on from it,but am not those type of people..It will mean am decieving myself!
So,what I did with my Christian faith is place it where its kind are in my memory,in the space where anything fictition is kept ....

and his reply was:
Friend: You are finished Michael..
I replied him with that epic line in GAME OF THRONES:
Me: Like Jon Snow,You know nothing my friend!

2 Likes

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by Rilwayne001: 6:08pm On May 16, 2015
So, what do you want us to do now?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by thorpido(m): 6:09pm On May 16, 2015
What i have done with my christian faith is produce results with it.Thank God for Jesus.

@Op,you had a 'christian religion',what you didn't have was a fellowship,a communion,a relationship and a revelation with Christ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by adexsimply(m): 6:15pm On May 16, 2015
philfearon:
And so I was having this conversation with someone who knew me before,and he was like:

Friend: what really happened to you? You have just changed totally.I could swear with my life for you in the past,but now,I don't even know you anymore..its like the devil has finally succeeded in decieving you? what happened to your Christian faith? is this how u now want to waste your life?
As he said all this things to me,with so many other things I can't type here,I was like:

Me: One thing with knowing certain things is that you can't un-know them..The time I was a Christian, I am not ashamed of it,I will never be Ashamed of it(cuz I didn't know better then)..
But now I know that it is not a Christian thing,that it's a religion thing and that it begins with the cultivation of that "mindset"...
Now,there are many people who know religion is a fraud,but still can't move on from it,but am not those type of people..It will mean am decieving myself!
So,what I did with my Christian faith is place it where its kind are in my memory,in the space where anything fictition is kept ....

and his reply was:
I really love that line..Especially anytime Ygritte says it."You know nothing, Jon Snow grin grin grin
And the look of befuddlement that follows? Epic!
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by adexsimply(m): 6:15pm On May 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Isn't it obvious ?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by Rilwayne001: 6:18pm On May 16, 2015
adexsimply:

Isn't it obvious ?

No.

What is it?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by adexsimply(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

No.

What is it?
Sorry bro, but if you don't know at this point, then I'm afraid you'll never know.

1 Like

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by Rilwayne001: 6:22pm On May 16, 2015
adexsimply:

Sorry bro, but if you don't know at this point, then I'm afraid you'll never know.

Know what?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by philfearon(m): 6:25pm On May 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Its left for you to decide bro...
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by philfearon(m): 6:29pm On May 16, 2015
thorpido:
What i have done with my christian faith is produce results with it.Thank God for Jesus.

@Op,you had a 'christian religion',what you didn't have was a fellowship,a communion,a relationship and a revelation with Christ.
lol!
Is that what you tell yourself?
Let me give u a clue: Your life is in your hands! Take a knife and stab yourself at the heart or get a gun and shoot yourself in the head and see what happens next.......You die!
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by philfearon(m): 6:31pm On May 16, 2015
adexsimply:

I really love that line..Especially anytime Ygritte says it."You know nothing, Jon Snow grin grin grin
And the look of befuddlement that follows? Epic!
Lol..
He is Lord commander now..and he is trying to save the wildlings now,so,Jon Snow now knows something!
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by adexsimply(m): 6:37pm On May 16, 2015
philfearon:

Lol..
He is Lord commander now..and he is trying to save the wildlings now,so,Jon Snow now knows something!
Actually, No. He still knows nothing grin grin
In season 5 episode 4, this was the conversation between him and Melisandre.

Jon Snow: It is always cold on the Wall.
Melisandre: You think so?
Jon Snow: I know so, my lady.
Melisandre: Then you know nothing, Jon Snow
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by thorpido(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2015
philfearon:

lol!
Is that what you tell yourself?
Let me give u a clue: Your life is in your hands! Take a knife and stab yourself at the heart or get a gun and shoot yourself in the head and see what happens next.......You die!
There must be 'something' that tells you that is not the right thing to do.That should tell you it's not totally in your hands.
It's just a question of self-denial.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by philfearon(m): 6:46pm On May 16, 2015
adexsimply:

Actually, No. He still knows nothing grin grin
In season 5 episode 4, this was the conversation between him and Melisandre.

Jon Snow: It is always cold on the Wall.
Melisandre: You think so?
Jon Snow: I know so, my lady.
Melisandre: Then you know nothing, Jon Snow
I remember the convo bro...
@how Melisandre still used that epic line still baffled me lol!
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by philfearon(m): 6:48pm On May 16, 2015
thorpido:
There must be 'something' that tells you that is not the right thing to do.That should tell you it's not totally in your hands.
It's just a question of self-denial.
That "thing" u r referred to,what is it?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by thorpido(m): 6:49pm On May 16, 2015
philfearon:

That "thing" u r referred to,what is it?
some call it conscience.It may mean more than that.
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by philfearon(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2015
thorpido:
some call it conscience.It may mean more than that.
It is called "instinct"....Other animals have it too,but somehow,we have a more mature one!
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by thorpido(m): 7:59pm On May 16, 2015
philfearon:

It is called "instinct"....Other animals have it too,but somehow,we have a more mature one!
Your words in bold raises questions.Who is responsible for the 'somehow' and the more 'matured' nature in us?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by philfearon(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2015
thorpido:
Your words in bold raises questions.Who is responsible for the 'somehow' and the more 'matured' nature in us?
Here we go! My guess,skydaddy?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 16, 2015
Only confirming what I've always known to be the destiny of most christians. Malvisguy212 truthman2012 and co. Have a glimpse of your future.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by malvisguy212: 9:40pm On May 16, 2015
EzioAuditore:
Only confirming what I've always known to be the destiny of most christians. Malvisguy212 truthman2012 and co. Have a glimpse of your future.
I have seen Jesus, two times in my dream, He called me by my name, and He say he love me, I am God child. I know you will not believe me, I will NEVER used the name of my Lord lie.muslims don't see vision, even muhammed did not talk to God directly.
Who is muhammed witness? Give me proved from the quran.
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by malvisguy212: 9:41pm On May 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

No.
What is it?
are you a satanist now?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
I have seen Jesus, two times in my dream, He called me by my name, and He say he love me, I am God child. I know you will not believe me, I will NEVER used the name of my Lord lie.muslims don't see vision, even muhammed did not talk to God directly.

I've seen chad kroeger and johnny cash plenty of times in my dreams, heck! They not only call me by name but we actually play chess together. I guess those are visions as well? I will not waste my time talking to you about muslim visions, or dreams. You may continue lying to yourself for now, but soon you won't be able to take it anymore.

4 Likes

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by menesheh(m): 9:49pm On May 16, 2015
philfearon:

and his reply was:

Liberated by doing away with false hope hidden under religion cheesy
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by malvisguy212: 9:50pm On May 16, 2015
EzioAuditore:

I've seen chad kroeger and johnny cash plenty of times in my dreams, heck! They not only call me by name but we actually play chess together. I guess those are visions as well? I will not waste my time talking to you about muslim visions, or dreams. You may continue lying to yourself for now, but soon you won't be able to take it anymore.
you can scoff on, no problem.to my question, where in the quran muhammed directly talk to Allah?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by plaetton: 10:24pm On May 16, 2015
malvisguy212:

Lol.

We have seen a lot of things in our dreams. That doesn't make them real.

Since you have seen Jesus, a brief description would suffice here.

Height, build, hair color, hair style, skin color or shade, eye color?.
What was he wearing, silk or cotton, barefooted or shoes, Approximate age?
What accent did he speak to you in?

If I happen to come into contact with Jesus, these the things I would immediately notice.

Did you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by Rilwayne001: 10:33pm On May 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you a satanist now?
Is that what your brain could come up with in my comment?
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by malvisguy212: 10:40pm On May 16, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

If I happen to come into contact with Jesus, these the things I would immediately notice.

Did you?
the cloud formed it self like a face, a very shining face, you cannot see it, but when I here the voice I know it him (john10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow mesmiley believe me or not, I have nothing to loose.
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by haffaze777(m): 10:42pm On May 16, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

Did you?

u dey mind dat guy? d guy sabi lie bajebaje

1 Like

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by malvisguy212: 10:49pm On May 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

the op is a satanist and I understand what the brother that quote you mean, but it look like you do not agree with him.
Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by plaetton: 10:50pm On May 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
the cloud formed it self like a face, a very shining face, you cannot see it, but when I here the voice I know it him (john10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow mesmiley believe me or not, I have nothing to loose.

This is hilarious.
A cloud formed itself like a face?
A very shining face,BUT You CANNOT SEE IT?
And you hear the voice?
And you automatically knew it was him? Jesus?

Good heavens! shocked .
You go kii me oo.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did With My Christian Faith? by Rilwayne001: 10:52pm On May 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you a satanist now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Favorite Atheist Memes / How Can You Prove That Jesus Christ Existed / Meet The Youngest Priest In Nigeria, Photos...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.