Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

"Obasanjo Is A Shameless, Lies Telling Egomaniac" - Wole Soyinka Fires Back - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Obasanjo Is A Shameless, Lies Telling Egomaniac" - Wole Soyinka Fires Back (477 Views)

The Shameless Lies Being Propagate By The Supporters Of Hamas Haram & Boko Haram / Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark / Soyinka Fires Another Salvo At The First Lady, Says If She Refuses To Learn, She (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Obasanjo Is A Shameless, Lies Telling Egomaniac" - Wole Soyinka Fires Back by amakaikeng(f): 5:09am On Dec 25, 2014
In reaction to former President Olusegun Obasanjo's controversial autobiography titled - 'My Watch', Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, who is one of the personalities slammed by OBJ in the book, has fired his own shot.

He expressed his disappointment in a piece titled - 'Watch And Pray, Watch And Prey', wherein he described Obasanjo as a compulsive liar.

Obasanjo had written this about Prof. Soyinka,

"For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him. His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct no matter what they do or fail to do. He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful aparo (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic."

So now, Soyinka in a slew of merciless words, has fired back, lol.

"I despise that species of humanity whose stock-in-trade is to concoct lies simply to score a point, win an argument, puff up his or her own ego, denigrate or attempt to destroy a fellow being.

"However, even within such deplorable species, a special pit of universal opprobrium is surely reserved for those who even lack the courage of their own lies, but must foist them on others."

"For now, let me single out just one of the most glaring instances of this man's compulsive career of lying, one sample that the media can readily check upon and use as a touchstone – if they do need one – in assessing our author's multifaceted claims and commentaries on people and events.

"I refer here to the grotesque and personally insulting statement that he has attributed to me for some inscrutable but obviously diversionary reasons.

"In the process, this past Master of Mendacity brazenly implicates an innocent young man, Akin Osuntokun, who once served him as a special adviser. Instead of conferring dignity on a direct rebuttal of an ignoble fabrication, I shall simply make a personal, all-embracing attestation:

"When an old man stuffs a lie into the throat of an age-mate of his own children – omo inu e! – we can only pity an irredeemable egomaniac whose dotage is headed for twilight disgrace."

Continue at http://www.amakaikenga.com/2014/12/obasanjo-is-shameless-lies-telling.html to read the rest of what he said - he is just beginning. Lol

Re: "Obasanjo Is A Shameless, Lies Telling Egomaniac" - Wole Soyinka Fires Back by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 25, 2014
Obj really need help, The rate at which he is consuming weed this days is getting out of hand undecided
Re: "Obasanjo Is A Shameless, Lies Telling Egomaniac" - Wole Soyinka Fires Back by obiZEAL(m): 6:23am On Dec 25, 2014
drama...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Christmas Message (VIDEO) / Jonathan’s Christmas Message To Nigerians: Do Good, Support Boko Haram Victims / Police Yet To Pay Its Men For Fighting Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.