Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. (1035 Views)

7 Animal Selfies That Will Make You Think Twice / Unexpected Animal Friendship This Is Amazing / What Type Of Animal Would You Keep As A Pet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by azimibraun: 8:57am On Dec 25, 2014
As much we all have our varying reasons on why any of the two candidates should be president, I wll state it categorically that y second most important reason why I wll vote for any of the candidates after stemming corruption will be their policy on how terrible and "inhumane" animals are treated in Nigeria. It breaks my heart to see these innocent animals treated so badly as defenseless as they are. The worst from my view are cattles and bird" chiken" as we commonly call them. Can u guys imagine hw wicked Nigerians will hold the wings of an "agric fowl" and embark on a 30mins walk not minding the pains the bird feels from the weakness of the top wing" shoulder" will anybody allow their kids to be carried that way; or the way ppl tie the legs with very harsh ropes so tight it hurts and they don care. Any need for me to talk about how cows are transported? With their necks twisted backwards in pain over long distances? Nigerians are wicked to animals and these by implication brings curses upon us as a people.

2 Likes

Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by holatin(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2014
hmmmmmmm
Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by acenazt: 9:31am On Dec 25, 2014
Jesu dis guy dey craze ohh

1 Like

Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by chibanj(m): 9:39am On Dec 25, 2014
He could be right. God didn't just make us human to dominate every creature on earth but to also take care of them.

#Team AnimalRightsAndTreatments
Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by Prodeegee(m): 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
chibanj:
He could be right. God didn't just make us human to dominate every creature on earth but to also take care of them.

#Team AnimalRightsAndTreatments

I'm sorry but if these said animals still end up getting killed, what's worse?

Tho this is true for animals You consider as pets, how many people considers hen as pets?

It all depends on how you see the animal, if you're talking of caring for all animals, then a wounded or poisoned cockroach, an ant and all those are animals too. Do u care for them?

Same animals you see as pets, some see as meat. Which is not a sin.

The only mandate we have is to love our neighbours as ourselves, pet's love is just by the way.

You've not seen a cow that'll refuse to move, until its flogged.

How else do you want to move a hen without holding the wings and tying the legs? Or. You just tell it to follow you like a dog?

I've seen someone who rears lizards and love them, personally, ill just get a stone and kill that fvcker.

So u see...
Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by estrelinha: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2014
F*ck .... I as a German, who deeply loves animals (I'm also a vegan), am really shocked and disgusted with this post.... With all the horrible things that are happening to HUMAN BEINGS in Nigeria, people being killed anyhow, and the horrible poverty that makes even babies to die of hunger, etc. etc., your first concern, after corruption, is animals/the kind of things you described? (and we aren't even talking of things like factory farming or "modern" slaughterhouses, or deliberate torture of animals here, like in Europe and elsewhere....

But of a treatment that, like you wrote, might take like 30 minutes....Or let it be some hours, or even a day, in the case of the cows... Hens, cows, etc. in Nigeria normally have a very happy and free life nearly till the end, while many human beings there suffer horribly for their whole lifetime Or at least lead a life without the slightest perspective? Then at that, you want the treatment of animals to be the second concern after corruption?)

From your name and everything, you must be a European or from somewhere else in the so-called "first world" /western world, just like myself.... Why not rather being concerned, for example, with the horrible things that are happening in Nigeria and other African countries INSTIGATED BY OUR GOVERNMENTS , to try to ensure that they will be able to continue enslaving and exploiting Africa (and being the main causes for the continued chaos, poverty, deaths for various reasons, in Nigeria, through their manipulations and working together with unscrupulous politicians), instead of THE WAY HENS ARE CARRIED THERE9) Anyway, I wonder how that kind of mindset, and being interested in Nigerian politics at all, goes together.... Are you living in Europe and have a Nigerian boyfriend perhaps? Who doesn't have a clue himself about what is going on, or who just says the kind of things you like to hear?

*edit* Of course from what you wrote, you have seen this treatment of the animals yourself, so you must be actually living in Nigeria....Which makes your post even more shocking
Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by estrelinha: 9:24am On Dec 29, 2014
@ Prodeegee

However, apart from all this, you can't compare a cockroach, an ant, a mosquito....whatever in that field, to an animal like a hen or a cow.... And it doesn't matter if that kind of animal is considered as a pet or not, the pain it feels from the described treatment is the same! An animal feels pain just like a human being! And they "are" not just meat, they are living beings.... I'm not trying to tell people in Nigeria to become vegans (even if someone doesn't miss anything when it comes to taste and diversity of the food, and it would be beneficial to people's health), but if someone wants to eat an animal, it should be at least treated kindly/without inflicting pain or fear on it, and slaughtered as fast and painless as possible.

(if someone wants to comment now that even this shouldn't be taken into consideration because human beings suffer, too, did the animals do anything to cause human suffering? Is it their fault? They are not supposed to be as important as human beings, nor their wellbeing as important as of human beings, but they are also living beings with a soul (as, at last, a pope admitted....I just love this new pope from everything he does), some of them even very gentle and loving and intelligent (also part of hens and cows, for instance....not just cats, dogs & co. ), and innocent, and do not deserve to be treated in an unnecessarily cruel way; also if I had the chance to be in Nigeria and I'd see an animal treated like azimibraun described, I would address the person in a friendly way and asking him/her to do it in a different way if possible....without making these kind of things my f*cking PRIORITY, but helping people; and also making more people there to understand in which ways Europe and Co. are the root cause/or even direct cause behind most of Nigeria's problems)
Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by Prodeegee(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
I'm coming to reply u o...I'm on something now!
Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by Calculia: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2015
mumu post

1 Like

Re: GMB, GEJ & Animal Rights & Treatment. by DocAdray(f): 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
OP, I support you partially on this one.

(1) (Reply)

Lhasa Dogs Needed / Instalmental Payment Option Now Available / 2 Female 3mnth Gsd/alsatian And Samoyed 4 Grab In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.