Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? (1682 Views)

Gtbank Documents Show How Saraki Transferred $3 Million To U.S. / This Pic Has Broken The Internet:subtle Message For The Likes Of Ese's Abductors / Is Deduction Of Meter Maintenance Charge By PHCN Illegal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by olabode89(m): 9:25am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas my good people of Nairaland.

I received an alert from GTbank for N100 as card maintenance fee. It sounds ludicrous, is it d card in my wallet they are maintaining? or some other card in their possession, lol ?
I can imagine d hundred of millions GTBank would have stolen fron their customers this Christmas.

Peeps that operate accounts with GTBank, what do u guys think about this so called annual card maintenance fee?

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2014
lol , am still wondering o , card that you will still renew with 1000#
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by don33310(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2014
Seriously,I was charged #100 yesterday
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by scribble: 10:34am On Dec 25, 2014
Stop being bloody stingy

It's an annual maintenance fee of #100.

Uba charges #105. Other banks have similar charges

Nigerians should stop complaining about everything.

Vote Good luck 2015
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by scribble: 10:35am On Dec 25, 2014
olabode89:
Merry Christmas my good people of Nairaland.

I received an alert from GTbank for N100 as card maintenance fee. It sounds ludicrous, is it d card in my wallet they are maintaining? or some other card in their possession, lol ?
I can imagine d hundred of millions GTBank would have stolen fron their customers this Christmas.

Peeps that operate accounts with GTBank, what do u guys think about this so called annual card maintenance fee?

It's not theft as it's in the fine print when card is given to you.

Can't you read?

Maintenance from the back end, not your wallet. Please use common sense when creating topic
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by scribble: 10:36am On Dec 25, 2014
Definition: A credit card maintenance fee is a monthly fee charged by some credit card issuers for the monthly processing and billing of your credit card statement. You might see this fee if you opted to receive paper billing statements in the mail rather than paperless or online billing statements.

Some credit card issuers charge a monthly a maintenance fee rather than an annual fee because cardholders are more likely to accept a $12 monthly charge than a $120 annual charge, for example. It could be another way to get money from cardholders, especially those who don't pay interest because they pay their balances in full every month.
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by shevon: 10:39am On Dec 25, 2014
Stanbic passed the N100 charge to my account last month without any pre-notification. The debit was passed when I had less than N100 in my account and they even charged interest for the negative balance in my account as a result of their ATM maintenance debit.
Beat that!
Is GTB's N100 debit not better managed than that of Stanbic?
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2014
Mehn, the money they will realise will be too much
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by idupaul: 10:59am On Dec 25, 2014
Yesterday I couldn't even use my GT card to pay for anything due to switch challenges .they almost spoilt my day .. So U can Imagine when I woke up this morning to see that they debited me 100 naira in the name of card maintenance fees
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by superstar1(m): 10:59am On Dec 25, 2014
We want international banking services and we don't want the attendant charges. Na wa for Nigerians o.

Checking account in Bank of American account cost me USD12/month. Do your maths per annum.
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by Jayboi(m): 11:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Chei. It was also deducted frm my acct too. The only 2k i av in my acct which i had budgetted for my xmas palm slipper nw 1900 naira. Mumu bank.
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by HenryThegreat1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
My own surprise me i just opened d account recently and i haven't collected my card. But dey are deducted 100 naira from me.
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by olabode89(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
scribble:

It's not theft as it's in the fine print when card is given to you.

Can't you read?

Maintenance from the back end, not your wallet. Please use common sense when creating topic

Mr. Professor, so you can't drop a comment without trading insults. For your info there is a difference between a debit card and a credit card.

Also there's no separate billing statement for d card and d actual bank account. After charging for sms and other notifications what's d essence of charging an annual maintenance fee?

What are they maintaining?

1 Like

Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by Crocz(m): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
Gtbank is just f*cking annoying this days...imagine this, I opened an account with them and I've been using it for like 3yrs...one day I somehow forgot my atm card on the atm machine, the security found it and relay it to their customer care. I noticed the following day and went back for my card only to be told cock and bull story that my account is enjoying some privileges I shouldn't be enjoying, that it some sort of e-something account that I shouldn't be having access to.

Long story short, they confiscate my card and opened another account for me...then transfer all my money to the new one. But some of ma peeps still send money into the old and yesterday they deducted #100 from it for card maintenance, the card they already confiscate wtf? angry
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by scribble: 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
olabode89:

Mr. Professor, so you can't drop a comment without trading insults. For your info there is a difference between a debit card and a credit card.

Also there's no separate billing statement for d card and d actual bank account. After charging for sms and other notifications what's d essence of charging an annual maintenance fee?

What are they maintaining?

Google it. Same maintenance applies to debit card

They're maintaining the back end
Re: Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud? by stebell(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Received same txt dis morning tot someone has remembered me dis Xmas only to find out that #100 has been deducted.
Worst of it is that one cant use the card to do a transfer frm an ATM machine.
Merry Xmas to yu all

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Explodes February Presidential Election Is A Do Or Die Affair / Why I Will Not Vote On The 14th / Nigerian Opposition Leader Buhari Arrives In London On ‘charm Offensive’ Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.