Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari (1163 Views)

Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read / APC: We Will Soon Release Shocking Revelations About Jonathan’s Government / Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by Franchise21(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2014
A Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President,
Reuben Abati, published an abstract from secret documents
in his Twitter, exposing the information from Wikileaks about
Buhari’s 1983-84 governing years.
Like President Obasanjo before the 1999 election, General
Buhari’s political experience is limited to that of military
Head of State. Buhari came to power as a result of a 1983
New Year’s Eve coup against the democratically elected
Shehu Shagari. The eviction of Shagari came as a welcome
relief as did Buhari’s promise to root out corruption. That
relief, however, was short-lived as Nigerians watched
despairingly as the Buhari regime’s promises to revive the
economy and wipe out rampant corruption withered during
20 months of heavy-handed, largely ineffective rule.
In May 1984, Buhari ordered the brutal expulsion of 700,000
illegal immigrants from neighboring African states, jailed
hundreds of political opponents and muzzled a once
aggressive press. His loyalty to the military also came into
question as he dismissed 30,000 soldiers as a cost-cutting
measure. Buhari also soured Nigeria’s relations with Britain,
when he was accused of masterminding a clumsy and
unsuccessful attempt in July 1984 to kidnap President
Shagari’s brother-in-law, former Transport Minister Umaru
Dikko. Moreover, Buhari undermined traditional rulers
throughout Nigeria, slashing their benefits and questioning
their authority.

Re: SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by davo90tico(m): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2014
Franchise21:
A Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President,
Reuben Abati, published an abstract from secret documents
in his Twitter, exposing the information from Wikileaks about
Buhari’s 1983-84 governing years.
Like President Obasanjo before the 1999 election, General
Buhari’s political experience is limited to that of military
Head of State. Buhari came to power as a result of a 1983
New Year’s Eve coup against the democratically elected
Shehu Shagari. The eviction of Shagari came as a welcome
relief as did Buhari’s promise to root out corruption. That
relief, however, was short-lived as Nigerians watched
despairingly as the Buhari regime’s promises to revive the
economy and wipe out rampant corruption withered during
20 months of heavy-handed, largely ineffective rule.
In May 1984, Buhari ordered the brutal expulsion of 700,000
illegal immigrants from neighboring African states, jailed
hundreds of political opponents and muzzled a once
aggressive press. His loyalty to the military also came into
question as he dismissed 30,000 soldiers as a cost-cutting
measure. Buhari also soured Nigeria’s relations with Britain,
when he was accused of masterminding a clumsy and
unsuccessful attempt in July 1984 to kidnap President
Shagari’s brother-in-law, former Transport Minister Umaru
Dikko. Moreover, Buhari undermined traditional rulers
throughout Nigeria, slashing their benefits and questioning
their authority.
hmmmmmm
Re: SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by shikshark: 11:00am On Dec 25, 2014
pls save all these secrets till 2023
Re: SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by blackCITIZEN(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2014
ok

4 Likes

Re: SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by ganagagi: 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
Abati you are decieving your self and at thesame time wasting your time.we are all for change
Re: SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by Mustack: 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
buhari all the way..
old story..
I just pray make him win next year election, chai we go enjoy 9ja because all those stupid and corrupt ppl eating 9ja like a parasite go vanish.
Re: SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by Franchise21(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
blackCITIZEN:

The future is born, put the past in a casket.. We are tired of studying a 4-year course under six-seven years, we are wiser now... Our fellow christians are using our fate to play politricks. Where was dis document wen I spent 7months waiting for ASUU to call of their strike. Most Nigerian students are in malaysia, ordinary ghana, southafrica etc because of academic frustrations, dey have decided to chase money instead of dia dreams... I am a christian, and the only reason why we voted for Jonah in 2011 was bcuz he's a christian and thought he would do better but.... We're disappointed... Religion is not cultism, please don't be deceived... Evil is evil no matter who does it. Pray and have a deep thought so that God will CHANGE your mindset...
I stand for JUSTICE and PEACE, not religious sentiments.. Vote wisely... Thank you! CHANGE
Very correct

1 Like

Re: SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by Adminisher: 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
Nobody is buying all these anti Buhari propaganda. Jonathan is going and nothing is going to change that. Informed observers only give him clear wins in 11 states. Buhari has 25 states. No astute political observer should still be looking at this election as too close to call. As for me I am preparing myself and family for a new government that is sane, corruption free and Spartan. Even that has its challenges but it is much better than a government led by a weak, clueless and decadent guy.
Re: SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
When contacted for comments on the contents of the U.S. cables, Jonathan's spokesman Dr. Reuben Abati said, "These issues are totally immaterial in the present circumstance. I cannot react to it because my brief at the moment is that I speak for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, not the governor of Bayelsa State.

In fact, you should understand that Wikileaks is about conversations between people, it is about peoples' opinion on a particular matter. So, I have nothing to say on that."

reuben!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Many Evils Tail After Him. / Buhari Slumps At Calabar Rally- Nigerian Pilot / Buhari's Result Is A Fake!!! Here Re My Observation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.