Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

How To Stop A Bad Habit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Stop A Bad Habit (596 Views)

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? / How To Spot A Bad Girl In Church (photo) / How To Stop A Jehovah Witness From Knocking On Your Door (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop A Bad Habit by mathew71: 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
Let me start by stating that the concept of Good and bad exists only in our mind. Nothing is Good nor Bad. It is, only when you say it is....(Topic of another day)

first thing first! Know that habit is a function of the WILL and WILL of the mind.

An inquisitive mind will now ask, What then is the WILL and HABIT?
The WILL is the conscious application of an unconscious impulse. That been said, a habit may then be referred to as the physical or mental impulse that has been unconscious adopted. Hmmm. How?

When you voluntarily repeat an act, it constitutes a WILL and becomes a LAW for the mind.This is how habit is formed. Note: Every WILL MUST manifest or get transformed. (Could this be the reason why most religion advocate for prayer recitation).. Thought!

Exercise:
Endeavour to urinate immediately you wake up whether pressed or not for 7 consecutive day. On the 8th day, the son of man will become pressed immediate after waking. Nature automates every repeated actions by its arm of compensation....share your testimony !!

Some readers can not still find the topic so far.. Have I deviated.. Well, everything is related!!
Let find how!

The LAW of Displacement!!!
Th WILL can always be transformed which will in turn transform the habit to Gold if you like.

Exercise: Anytime the impulse of the unwanted habit comes knocking, Identify a positive action, moment, idea, personality that you so cherish and occupy your thought with it. If its an action, start doing it. If its subjective, occupy your mind with it. ( I have used +ve and -ve here to affirm my first statement). Do this repetedly , religiously and passionately, a new LAW for your mind will be formed, your will transformed and the wanted Habit transmuted.

Nothing is easy, so is this. Unserious attempts may fails but with passionate attempts, a new "YOU" will be moulded. (Nothing is created nor destroyed remember)

It works for me, am sure it will work for you if you want.

Best wishes for Peace Profound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Stop A Bad Habit by tchaik(m): 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
mathew71:
Let me start by stating that the concept of Good and bad exists only in our mind. Nothing is Good nor Bad. It is, only when you say it is....(Topic of another day)

first thing first! Know that habit is a function of the WILL and WILL of the mind.

An inquisitive mind will now ask, What then is the WILL and HABIT?
The WILL is the conscious application of an unconscious impulse. That been said, a habit may then be referred to as the physical or mental impulse that has been unconscious adopted. Hmmm. How?

When you voluntarily repeat an act, it constitutes a WILL and becomes a LAW for the mind.This is how habit is formed. Note: Every WILL MUST manifest or get transformed. (Could this be the reason why most religion advocate for prayer recitation).. Thought!

Exercise:
Endeavour to urinate immediately you wake up whether pressed or not for 7 consecutive day. On the 8th day, the son of man will become pressed immediate after waking. Nature automates every repeated actions by its arm of compensation....share your testimony !!

Some readers can not still find the topic so far.. Have I deviated.. Well, everything is related!!
Let find how!

The LAW of Displacement!!!
Th WILL can always be transformed which will in turn transform the habit to Gold if you like.

Exercise: Anytime the impulse of the unwanted habit comes knocking, Identify a positive action, moment, idea, personality that you so cherish and occupy your thought with it. If its an action, start doing it. If its subjective, occupy your mind with it. ( I have used +ve and -ve here to affirm my first statement). Do this repetedly , religiously and passionately, a new LAW for your mind will be formed, your will transformed and the wanted Habit transmuted.

Nothing is easy, so is this. Unserious attempts may fails but with passionate attempts, a new "YOU" will be moulded. (Nothing is created nor destroyed remember)

It works for me, am sure it will work for you if you want.

Best wishes for Peace Profound.

Masterpiece.

Ohh wise one, teach us more!!!

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/01/15 / Female American ISIL Hostage Killed / Pls,read And Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.