Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Careers In Public Health - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Careers In Public Health (136707 Views)

Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
[quote author=redlyunited post=38276308][/quote]

2 years
Re: Careers In Public Health by dearpiriye: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
Etinosajay:

2 years

Pls is ui the only institution running mph not mscph for gradutes of other areas apart from medicine? Ive checked but havnt been able to find. And hw did ur english proficiency test go? Success is urs. Thank you
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
dearpiriye:

Pls is ui the only institution running mph not mscph for gradutes of other areas apart from medicine? Ive checked but havnt been able to find. And hw did ur english proficiency test go? Success is urs. Thank you

UNN,UniPort, maybe more.

Test went well. Thanks for the wishes
Re: Careers In Public Health by dearpiriye: 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Etinosajay:

UNN,UniPort, maybe more.

Test went well. Thanks for the wishes

No they dont. Im very sure of uniport. Mph is for medicine graduates while Mscph is for the rest
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
dearpiriye:

No they dont. Im very sure of uniport. Mph is for medicine graduates while Mscph is for the rest

UNN does, that's for sure. Uniport may have discontinued the programme
Re: Careers In Public Health by champ0621(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hi there Etinosajay. So I heard this evening that non medical graduates of MPH would not be able to further to Ph.D level? Do you know any thing about this? How true is it?
Thanks!
Re: Careers In Public Health by drpialabi: 5:23am On Sep 25, 2015
dearpiriye:

MPH is not for MBBS graduates alone. In UI u can study for an Mph degree so far ur first degree is in the medical/paramedical sciences. Its only the Mph field epid program (NFELTP) sponsored by CDC and the MSc clinical epic program in ui that are reserved for doctors

1 Like

Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2015
champ0621:
Hi there Etinosajay. So I heard this evening that non medical graduates of MPH would not be able to further to Ph.D level? Do you know any thing about this? How true is it?
Thanks!

There is no truth in that. DrPH is open to graduates of MPH. Bear in mind however that your DrPH must follow same route as your MPH stream or similar.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 7:42am On Sep 25, 2015
drpialabi:

MPH is not for MBBS graduates alone. In UI u can study for an Mph degree so far ur first degree is in the medical/paramedical sciences. Its only the Mph field epid program (NFELTP) sponsored by CDC and the MSc clinical epic program in ui that are reserved for doctors

The MPH field Epidemiology is open to qualified graduates from natural sciences and para medical, and not restricted to medical graduates as you claim.

Rather it is clinical epidemiology that is reserved for trained doctors/medical personnel.
Re: Careers In Public Health by loshybab(m): 11:29am On Sep 28, 2015
Still following updates and contributions anyway!!!
Re: Careers In Public Health by uzore: 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
A BSc in Demography n social stat n wantin an MSc in Epidemiology n med stat...what ar my chances n what ar the available skuls in nigeria in with public heath...pls reply asap
Re: Careers In Public Health by SpencerM(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
Etinosajay:

I'm not so sure of PGD's in Public Health, but definitely as a full masters degree. Maybe U of Ibadan offers PGD, you can look at it.

However I think your HND with good standing should qualify you for admission into a master's degree study.
Etinosajay:

I'm not so sure of PGD's in Public Health, but definitely as a full masters degree. Maybe U of Ibadan offers PGD, you can look at it.

However I think your HND with good standing should qualify you for admission into a master's degree study.
Etinosajay:

am a graduate of microbiology too University dou buh its true u cant put in 4masters as an Hnd holder u av to run d PGD prog first
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 8:57am On Nov 04, 2015
SpencerM:
[color=#000099][/color]
am a graduate of microbiology too University dou buh its true u cant put in 4masters as an Hnd holder u av to run d PGD prog first

It's best to consult the relevant admission prospectus for the school in question, to be absolutely sure.
Re: Careers In Public Health by dansteve75: 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
I appreciate those who leaves there busy schedule to help other academically on this platform. God bless you for your selfless effort.
I just gain admission for public health technology in one of Nigeria university for my first degree. Though i have it in mind for going for medical laboratory science next year because of job proximity. But my Dad said public health technology is gud.... Pls is there gud job for first degree graduate in Public Health in Nigeria. I mean not having a master degree. Pls i need your words b4 stepping into it.... Thanks everybody
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 6:19am On Nov 16, 2015
dansteve75:
I appreciate those who leaves there busy schedule to help other academically on this platform. God bless you for your selfless effort.
I just gain admission for public health technology in one of Nigeria university for my first degree. Though i have it in mind for going for medical laboratory science next year because of job proximity. But my Dad said public health technology is gud.... Pls is there gud job for first degree graduate in Public Health in Nigeria. I mean not having a master degree. Pls i need your words b4 stepping into it.... Thanks everybody

Ok, I somehow think you should give your attention to Medical Lab Science.

Public Health seem more profitable at the advanced level, and more so, employers will want a public health expert with advanced degree. First degree in my opinion won't count for much in sharing the stage with other candidates who will 98% have an advanced degree in public health.

And lastly, yes public health has opportunities, but read what I've written up there.
Re: Careers In Public Health by dansteve75: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2015
Etinosajay:

Public Health seem more profitable at the advanced level, and more so, employers will want a public health expert with advanced degree. First degree in my opinion won't count for much in sharing the stage with other candidates who will 98% have an advanced degree in public health.

And lastly, yes public health has opportunities, but read what I've written up there.

Thanks Sir
Re: Careers In Public Health by Bobbyemmy: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
I am a graduate of Zoology and Environmental Biology from Unn, Currently serving and wan pursue a masters degree in public health... How possible is it gon be? Do I need pgd?
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Bobbyemmy:
I am a graduate of Zoology and Environmental Biology from Unn, Currently serving and wan pursue a masters degree in public health... How possible is it gon be? Do I need pgd?

No, you don't need PGD. However it's best to consult the most recent admission prospectus of the school(s) and program you have in mind.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Cheny(m): 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
@Etinosajay,You are really doing a gr8 job by responding to most inquiries from prospective MPH lovers. Followed the thread from the very beginning and want to encourage as many who are interested in it to follow up passionately. Though a biochemist,my love for public health knows no bounds. I intend to have a MPH but considering an online alternative due to work constraints. My friends/colleagues at work(a biochemist,an anatomist and a
microbe...lol) are all planning to enrol for MPH in LAUTECH (some of our nurses are already running it there). Keep up this thread,it's very informative. These are the kinds of info that will help place people on the right path in life.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Cheny:
@Etinosajay,You are really doing a gr8 job by responding to most inquiries from prospective MPH lovers. Followed the thread from the very beginning and want to encourage as many who are interested in it to follow up passionately. Though a biochemist,my love for public health knows no bounds. I intend to have a MPH but considering an online alternative due to work constraints. My friends/colleagues at work(a biochemist,an anatomist and a
microbe...lol) are all planning to enrol for MPH in LAUTECH (some of our nurses are already running it there). Keep up this thread,it's very informative. These are the kinds of info that will help place people on the right path in life.

You're welcome sir.

Keep visiting and contributing, and we'll keep the pace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Careers In Public Health by kemmist(f): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hi, please I need information on MPH in OAU , am a graduate in biochemistry, met one of my lecturer he said he didn't know what I can do with MPH that I should continue with biochemistry . please I need advice cos I have bought my MSc form already. thanks
Re: Careers In Public Health by bijouxcutey(f): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
kemmist:
Hi, please I need information on MPH in OAU , am a graduate in biochemistry, met one of my lecturer he said he didn't know what I can do with MPH that I should continue with biochemistry . please I need advice cos I have bought my MSc form already. thanks
what do you want to know about MPH in OAU?
Re: Careers In Public Health by drpialabi: 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
Etinosajay:

The MPH field Epidemiology is open to qualified graduates from natural sciences and para medical, and not restricted to medical graduates as you claim.

Rather it is clinical epidemiology that is reserved for trained doctors/medical personnel.
bros how is this different from wot I wrote. have u heard of the feltp program sponsored by CDC. I guess u have not, cos in this program only medical/vet drs and lab scientists/microbiologists working with the govt alone are admitted
Re: Careers In Public Health by drpialabi: 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
[quote author=uzore post=39638869]A BSc in Demography n social stat n wantin an MSc in Epidemiology n med stat...what ar my chances n what ar the available skuls in nigeria in with public heath...pls reply asap [/quote
why not consider the mph degree in medical demography. its one of the programmes coordinated by the dept of epi n med stat, ui. u v a 100% chance of getting admission.
Re: Careers In Public Health by drpialabi: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
[quote author=Etinosajay post=38277533]
UNN,UniPort, maybe more.
Test went well. Thanks for the wishes[/quote @etinosajay I never knew u wrote the last proficiency test. see u @ ems dept next session.
Re: Careers In Public Health by kemmist(f): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2015
everything about MPH in OAU
Re: Careers In Public Health by kemmist(f): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2015
please I need all the necessary information about it [/quote]everything about MPH in OAU
bijouxcutey:
what do you want to know about MPH in OAU?
everything about MPH in OAU
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2015
[quote author=drpialabi post=40501801][/quote]

Yes I did. Thanks for the best wishes
Re: Careers In Public Health by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
Etinosajay:

Hello Etinosajay, please I have a friend who did environmental science at School of health, and now she wants to proceed for Public health. Please what route would you advice her to take? she intends to take Jamb and probably do a science course, then go for MPH later..
Re: Careers In Public Health by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 03, 2015
Etinosajay:

You got it all wrong mr. An undergraduate degree in public health is never a bad idea, graduates of public health with a masters degree is always prefered above those not grounded in public health, they even get work easily without msc or mph. FUTO graduates of public health are all doing well, I don't know of any futo ph graduate that is not gainfully employed.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 2:17am On Dec 03, 2015
MISSOPTIMIST:

Hello Etinosajay, please I have a friend who did environmental science at School of health, and now she wants to proceed for Public health. Please what route would you advice her to take? she intends to take Jamb and probably do a science course, then go for MPH later..

What degree did she receive from the school of health she previously attended?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.