Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,822 members, 7,824,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Careers In Public Health - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Careers In Public Health (137016 Views)

Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Careers In Public Health by Sard(m): 5:25am On Mar 09, 2016
Hello, Etinosajay How are your studies going? Please, I want to start my MSC in U.I this year, so when will the form be out!?

2 Likes

Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2016
Sard:
Hello,
How are your studies going?
Please, I want to start my MSC in U.I this year, so when will the form be out!?

Sales of form will likely start from July-August 2016.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Sard(m): 8:05am On Mar 13, 2016
Etinosajay:

Sales of form will likely start from July-August 2016.
Oh, thank you.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Sard:

Oh, thank you.

Welcome
Re: Careers In Public Health by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
FUTO to commence b.sc programme in environmental health science by september this year and now awards b.sc public health instead of b.tech.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Essont(m): 8:27am On Mar 17, 2016
Hello house, thanks for your efforts, in fact, this is one among the most informative thread on NL.
I am a 2.2 graduate of Plant science and Biotechnology and would love to enroll in MPH.
Please, what do i need to be qualified for the MPH? considering my class of cert.
What institution would you advice me to consider? Am from the middle belt.
Re: Careers In Public Health by cleavon(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2016
Hello, Etinosajay thanks for the thread I jsut follow it recently..please I am an anatomy graduate with good grade. Can I apply for M.Sc in public health and which university will be favorable in Nigeria? Thanks
Re: Careers In Public Health by priceless21: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2016
I am a graduate of microbiology n want to do MPH. where can I work with the certificate
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
Essont:
Hello house, thanks for your efforts, in fact, this is one among the most informative thread on NL.
I am a 2.2 graduate of Plant science and Biotechnology and would love to enroll in MPH.
Please, what do i need to be qualified for the MPH? considering my class of cert.
What institution would you advice me to consider? Am from the middle belt.

On this thread, you don't have to tell us where you're from, unless someone wants to know you personally.

That being said, with a 2.2 i'm not sure many schools of public health will offer an admission, as places are getting very competitive.

however, I suggest you read up the current postgrad prospectus or admission requirements, let's say FUTO.

My advice, take on some short courses in public health, specifically in areas that interests you, and is related to the stream in public health you like, then maybe take on some volunteer or paid jobs in public health, then get back to doing your MPH.

That's a long short, but it works.

I do not know at this time, if there are postgraduate diplomas in public health at any Nigerian institution.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
cleavon:
Hello, thanks for the thread I jsut follow it recently..please I am an anatomy graduate with good grade. Can I apply for M.Sc in public health and which university will be favorable in Nigeria? Thanks

Of course you can.

Unilag, FUTO, University of Ibadan, UNN, etc

Be sure to follow this thread to know when forms are available.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
priceless21:
I am a graduate of microbiology n want to do MPH. where can I work with the certificate

I see people ask this question all the time.

I know what you mean.

The question is what you can do with your knowledge of public health. The certificate is just a paper.

If public health is what you're cut out for, if it's what breathes life into you, then you already know where you'd end up, which is ensure good public health.

Here's my answer to someone who asked before.

"A degree in public health brings opportunity in a limitless field, especially in health institutions, both locally, nationally, regionally and internationally as Health Administrators/Managers, Program Directors, Epidemiologist, Public Health statisticians, Environmental Health Educators, EH sanitary officers, all generally in health ministries and parastatals. Other health professionals have also found positions in Occupational Health and safety department of most multinational and transnational corporations"
Re: Careers In Public Health by paulinemvp(f): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
It's cool being here. So I'd like to know which schools locally or abroad have better options in Nutrition and Dietetics as a Master Degree program
Re: Careers In Public Health by chinelany: 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello mr etinosajay, i stumbled on dis page while searching for a way forward to studying m.sc public health. I did dis course in unilag 2007 but cld not complete it due to some complications. As at now, i have applied to uniport severally but dey wont admit me because I have a 2.2 in microbiology, but presently, i got a 2.1 in pgd education, my question is, with d additional 2.1 in pgd education do i stand a chance of being admitted in uniport to study m.sc public health this year?
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
chinelany:
Hello, i stumbled on dis page while searching for a way forward to studying m.sc public health. I did dis course in unilag 2007 but cld not complete it due to some complications. As at now, i have applied to uniport severally but dey wont admit me because I have a 2.2 in microbiology, but presently, i got a 2.1 in pgd education, my question is, with d additional 2.1 in pgd education do i stand a chance of being admitted in uniport to study m.sc public health this year?

Is your PGD Education, related to Public Health?

Is it science related Education PGD? It is social works related PGD?

If yes, you stand a percentage chance of being admitted. If it's not related, I'm afraid, you won't get In.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
paulinemvp:
It's cool being here. So I'd like to know which schools locally or abroad have better options in Nutrition and Dietetics as a Master Degree program

Locally, I'm not aware, but there is, I'm certain of that.

Abroad? You'd have to use my cousin, Google, to be specific.
Re: Careers In Public Health by chinelany: 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
Etinosajay:

Is your PGD Education, related to Public Health?

Is it science related Education PGD? It is social works related PGD?

If yes, you stand a percentage chance of being admitted. If it's not related, I'm afraid, you won't get In.
Thank you mr etin for your prompt response, i do appreciate it. Please, what do you candidly advise me to do academically, in order to be able to gain admission to study m.sc puh in uniport, cos dats d closest for me as i hva family. Tnx for ur anticipated response
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2016
chinelany:

Thank you mr etin for your prompt response, i do appreciate it. Please, what do you candidly advise me to do academically, in order to be able to gain admission to study m.sc puh in uniport, cos dats d closest for me as i hva family. Tnx for ur anticipated response

Check if they have a 1yr diploma option, and enter through that mode.

If not, enrol for online diploma in health promotion.

Try your hands on some voluntary public health activities or job, these can help enhance your candidate status.
Re: Careers In Public Health by nereiskc(m): 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Am about to apply for MPH at Lautech (part time), through Molofin Nominees (an educational institute based in Lagos that help prospective M.SC students with logistic at d Sch, especially working class ones). Any advice will be welcome.
Re: Careers In Public Health by rean153: 2:19pm On May 01, 2016
Etinosajay, i heard that some people are currently doing MPH at Lautech. What do u know about this?
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2016
rean153:
, i heard that some people are currently doing MPH at Lautech. What do u know about this?

I have no idea.

Maybe bibikaz can answer
Re: Careers In Public Health by Miracle212(f): 6:57pm On May 04, 2016
Hi everyone and Etinosajay, thanks for all the information you all have bn giving on the thread. I have some few questions pls
1. Please what are my chances of getting admitted to study Masters in public health at UI
I have BSc biochemistry. 2:1. A friend applied last year, she said her mark was above cutoff but wasn't given admission
2. Pls can you widen btw MSc public health and Masters in public health. I heard Masters in Public can't further to Phd(how true is this pls) while Master of Science public health can further to Phd
3. I really want to do public health and intend to further to Phd cos I have a lecturing ambition in mind
Am stuck btw choosing MSc in biochemistry and MSc public health because it seems the competition is much as well as the rumour about one not bn able to further with MPH
Kindly give your opinions pls
God bless
Re: Careers In Public Health by Nobody: 11:32am On May 06, 2016
Miracle212:
Hi everyone and Etinosajay, thanks for all the information you all have bn giving on the thread. I have some few questions pls
1. Please what are my chances of getting admitted to study Masters in public health at UI
I have BSc biochemistry. 2:1. A friend applied last year, she said her mark was above cutoff but wasn't given admission
2. Pls can you widen btw MSc public health and Masters in public health. I heard Masters in Public can't further to Phd(how true is this pls) while Master of Science public health can further to Phd
3. I really want to do public health and intend to further to Phd cos I have a lecturing ambition in mind
Am stuck btw choosing MSc in biochemistry and MSc public health because it seems the competition is much as well as the rumour about one not bn able to further with MPH
God bless
MPH is simply a professional masters degree and can't further to PhD because its not research based. I will advice you to continue with your biochemistry since you intend to lecture in future.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Nobody: 11:32am On May 06, 2016
Miracle212:
God bless
Re: Careers In Public Health by Miracle212(f): 12:45pm On May 06, 2016
Cajetanspeaks:
MPH is simply a professional masters degree and can't further to PhD because its not research based. I will advice you to continue with your biochemistry since you intend to lecture in future.
thanks a lot
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 1:58pm On May 06, 2016
Miracle212:
Hi everyone, thanks for all the information you all have bn giving on the thread. I have some few questions pls
God bless

You have the right standing to apply for both MSc public health and MPH public health.

Your friend was not admitted because admissions was very strigent last year. Only about 10-15 persons were admitted. You first take a general postgraduate English test, then write the departmental/faculty aptitude test, then attend the oral interview.

Both MSc and MPH public health can proceed to doctorate. It depends on what your interests are.

Dr.PH (Academic) or Dr.PH (professional)

If you want to lecture, you can do any. Only notable difference is Dr.PH academic is somewat research based.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 1:59pm On May 06, 2016
Cajetanspeaks:

This is not true.

MPH can further to Doctorate.

People do it all the time.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Miracle212(f): 2:50pm On May 06, 2016
Etinosajay:

You have the right standing to apply for both MSc public health and MPH public health.

Your friend was not admitted because admissions was very strigent last year. Only about 10-15 persons were admitted. You first take a general postgraduate English test, then write the departmental/faculty aptitude test, then attend the oral interview.

Both MSc and MPH public health can proceed to doctorate. It depends on what your interests are.

Dr.PH (Academic) or Dr.PH (professional)

If you want to lecture, you can do any. Only notable difference is Dr.PH academic is somewat research based.
15, That's really a small number
Please do you know of any school that does MSc Public health most I know is MPH
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 3:09pm On May 06, 2016
Miracle212:

15, That's really a small number
Please do you know of any school that does MSc Public health most I know is MPH

Unilag, U of ibadan, UNN
Re: Careers In Public Health by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 06, 2016
Etinosajay:

This is not true.

MPH can further to Doctorate.

People do it all the time.
Maybe in some nigerian unis because everything and anything goes in nigeria.
Re: Careers In Public Health by Etinosajay(m): 5:37pm On May 06, 2016
Cajetanspeaks:
Maybe in some nigerian unis because everything and anything goes in nigeria.

MPH can further to Dr.PH almost everywhere.
Canada, USA, India, UK.

1 Like

Re: Careers In Public Health by olasmith10(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2016
BASIC AND ADVANCED ULTRASOUND TRAINING
OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND;Training-for-ultrasound-technician

TRANSABDOMINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
TRANSVAGINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
3D/4D OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND

GYNAECOLOGY ULTRASOUND;

TRANSABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND
TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND
SONOHYSTEROGRAPHY ULTRASOUND

ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND;

UROLOGICAL(KIDNEY AND PROSTATE) ULTRASOUND
GASTROINTESTINAL ULTRASOUND
TRANSRECTAL ULTRASOUND
HEPATOBILIARY(LIVER AND BILIARY TRACT) ULTRASOUND

SMALL PARTS ULTRASOUND;

BREAST ULTRASOUND
TESTICULAR ULTRASOUND
THYROID ULTRASOUND
SALIVARY GLANDS ULTRASOUND
MSK & SOFT TISSUE ULTRASOUND
OCULAR(EYE) ULTRASOUND

Contact us today
Mobile No: 08074661723, 08168529179, 09032387828
http://devinediagnostics.com
email: info@devinediagostics.com
Re: Careers In Public Health by Miracle212(f): 6:02pm On May 06, 2016
Etinosajay:

Unilag, U of ibadan, UNN
UNN does only MPH, thought UI is MPH as well?
Thanks I will be on the look out for unilag

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.