Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Gaining Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gaining Weight (25377 Views)

Hi Help Needed For Gaining Weight / Tips On Gaining Weight / Pls Give Me Tips On Gaining Weight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaining Weight by honey001(m): 10:52am On Aug 14, 2006
Waz up my people, i have read so many blogs on gaining weight, but i'm not satisfy, i want to add more weight too, my BMI is 19.66. Can anybody tell me the effect of dexacoteen before i use it cos someone has recommended it for me.
Re: Gaining Weight by inprecise: 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2006
why nairalanders want to be so fat? do you think if you are fat it is a sign of wealth? in naira, they say the fatter the more rich. in canada, the fatter the more poor, i.e., it is a sign of bad hygiene.
Re: Gaining Weight by Oracle(m): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2006
thatz right honey, many people wanna be slim fit and you wanna be fat.
Besides, your name honey just isn't appropriate, i think itz girlz that bear the name HONEY

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~majerus-collins/honey.jpg[/img]

HONEY DANIELS
Re: Gaining Weight by shameless: 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2006
dont know about dexacoteen but u can try CYPRI GOLD
Re: Gaining Weight by Abike2k6(f): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2006
I'm with Honey on this one. I'm already a size 12 but would like to be bigger - I just think women look better that way, you know, with a bit of meat on their bones. I'll be happy when I get to size 14/16.

Eat healthy honey, don't take supplements that haven't been prescribed by your doctor. Eat bigger portions of healthy food. They say malt is fattening, also Soya, full fat milk, cheese (not too much due to high salt content).
Re: Gaining Weight by honey001(m): 8:00am On Aug 17, 2006
Abike
Thanks atleast i now that someone is on my side. i will try and follow ur instruction although i dont want to be all that fat too.
Re: Gaining Weight by blackhope: 4:01am On Sep 20, 2006
Your specific body metabolism (the rate at which your body burns calories ) and lifestyle (sedentary or active) and other factors determine your net weight gain or loss. For details on other factors see the below URL :-

http://menshealth.about.com/cs/diet/a/metabolism_faq.htm

and JIC you are accessing this forum from a mobile phone, here are some tidbits from the article :-

What affects metabolism?
What do you think has the biggest impact on your metabolism? Activity levels, thyroid function, and age do affect metabolism but not nearly as much as muscle tissue. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn regardless of how active you are, how old you are, etc. Muscle is metabolic reactive which means muscle burns calories even when you are doing nothing - 24 hours a day.

Here's a list of some of the factors affecting metabolism in order of greatest impact to least:

# 1. Muscle tissue.

# 2. Meal frequency. The longer you go between meals the more your metabolism slows down to conserve energy.

# 3. Activity level. activity is important but doesn't make any difference if you don't match your eating to your expenditure.

# 4. Food choices. Except low-fat diets which tend to result in poor hormone production which leads to a slower metabolism.

# 5. Hdyration. Over 70% of bodily functions take place in water - not enough water causes all your systems to slow down and causes unnecessary stress.

# 6. Genetics. Some people have higher metabolisms than others.

# 7. Hormone production and function.

# 8. Stress. Stress also can slow metabolism by placing extra strain on numerous systems. Many people tend to over eat when "stressed out"

03/21/2006

I lost quite some weight (65 pounds and counting) by going on a low carbohydrate diet. For that reason I would hate to advise anyone on how to GAIN weight!. But if you really have to (i.e for medical reasons, etc), perhaps you can try doing the opposite ;-

1. eat a lot of carbohydrates (garri, bread, pounded yam, etc)
2. eat high calorie foods.
3. eat very late at night
4. live a sedentary lifestyle
5. etc.

Good luck,

Black Hope
Re: Gaining Weight by dblock(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2006
My prob is worse, the more i eat the skinnier i get, butta when i get my job next year i'll def not be able to run sub 10 for 100m again grin
Re: Gaining Weight by Radiant(f): 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2006
Abike2k6:

I'm already a size 12 but would like to be bigger - I just think women look better that way, you know, with a bit of meat on their bones. I'll be happy when I get to size 14/16.
U r kidding right? shocked I'm a 12 and I'm scared of gaining more. I even want to get down to a 10.

Wow! People are indeed different. embarassed
Re: Gaining Weight by bennie019(f): 4:36pm On May 05, 2007
me too i wanna add weight am a sie 6 , or 8 and i weight 55kg, 178cm height. i dont think u should take dexacotin, ma friend did and i didnt like d way she waz looking. kinda bloated of you ask me
Re: Gaining Weight by KingS3: 3:27pm On May 25, 2008
This drug is not known. I'll need a bit more info. I'll suggest u do not take it. See your Doctor for appetite boosters.
Re: Gaining Weight by neemat: 9:51pm On May 25, 2008
dexacoten is nt good 4 u it it meant 4 animals and fowls,i can assure u if u try it u ll not like ur shape again, u ll av dis amoebiod shape .u can try WATE ON dat one is okay ybut its in liquid form and its 1500.u can manage it for 2weeks but u will continue until u re satisfy wit ur weight.
Re: Gaining Weight by 25more(f): 1:58am On Jul 13, 2008
try wate on though it doesnt teast like honey however it is managale
Re: Gaining Weight by bizmogul(m): 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2011
I really do not know why you need to be fat. I beg you in the name of Jesus do not take dexacorten it is bad and has effects. Just take normal multivitamins like Astymin or Centruim or Supradyn and eat well. You wil not be fat but fresh and a bit fleshy. You can also try taking a mixture of malt and tin tomato mixed together for one month. I hope this helps.
Re: Gaining Weight by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
honey001:
Waz up my people, i have read so many blogs on gaining weight, but i'm not satisfy, i want to add more weight too, my BMI is 19.66. Can anybody tell me the effect of dexacoteen before i use it cos someone has recommended it for me.
hw fa i don lose fat for my face finish, i wan take dexacorten to have a round face, if i notice the side effects, i go stop am
Re: Gaining Weight by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
D disfiguration wil b too late by then
Re: Gaining Weight by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:53am On Nov 16, 2015
One of my women back in those days tried it, this was after so much plea from me not to indulge in taking dexacorten. Although she was skinny but she had some good chunk of flesh in d right places. After taking d pills for some months, she started looking funny(bloated), with acnes all over her face. I later got to find out that it was cushing syndrome. Noone told her to stop it but alas it was kind of late. She had successfully almost destroyed her body-banging physique. So for anyone out there contemplating on taking weightloss pills, please desisit from such.

There are healthy ways of gaining weight

1. Eat well. My "well" here means a good balanced diet

2. Hit d gym. Strength training is very good for development of muscles which will in turn cause weight gain.

3. Rest well and minimize stress
Re: Gaining Weight by stevecantrell: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
[url]GET WEIGHT GAIN HELP HERE[/url]

http://smub.it/pizd

Re: Gaining Weight by jbblues24(m): 1:55am On Jun 02, 2019
Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped, turned upside down And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-air. sad

(1) (Reply)

Please Recommend An After Shave / We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists / Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.