Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons (58964 Views)

My Secrets ––nigeria's Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija / Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? / Nigeria’s Richest Entertainers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by nijanigga: 5:39am On Dec 26, 2014
one time ibb's slut.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by lastpage: 5:44am On Dec 26, 2014
ROSSIKE:
She's the richest black woman on earth. She got her break working for Abacha's wife or something.

NO!
She was a "U.K educated" Fashion designer first.
Then she ventured into Oil Exploration..... dont ask me how? shocked shocked shocked

According to her: "In an interview with Vanguard, the richest black woman in the world revealed:
“We were allocated an oil bloc which nobody wanted at that time because it was deep offshore and very expensive to explore,”

“Then we found that we actually stocked oil there in commercial quantities, and we just considered ourselves very lucky.” That bloc remains one of the most prolific in the country."

http://www.reviewcious.com/nigerian-icons/meet-folorunsho-alakija-the-richest-black-woman-the-world-t3076.html#sthash.wNPRAJsh.dpuf

Some caught my attention in her words .... (which NOBODY wanted).

Now, who is "Nobody"?
When you say "nobody" wants something, that precludes that "the thing" has been "OFFERED TO EVERYBODY" and they declined!
So, was the Oil Block offered to "ME" and "YOU"...... or just between the circles of these "Leeches"?

This is how they share our wealth, amongst themselves.
Maybe she should have said "Which none of US wanted"!
"Us" referring to her Clique - Babangidas, Atikus, Obasanjos, Dangottes, Ex-Head of state Abubakars, Emirs, Otedolas,the latter-day members (GEJs, PEJ, Allisons, Sanusis, Rochas Okorochas), e.t.c

Hmmm.....Dearis Gooduu O! angry undecided undecided

Lastpage!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 6:10am On Dec 26, 2014
I hope she doesn't sideline her husband in decisions making at home.......cos dis one wey madam rich pass Oga d tin be as e get ooo.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by MattEdozie(m): 6:19am On Dec 26, 2014
*takes deep breath*.....Am back to NL again at last.Seun's upgrade got me out all this while.
My regards to those who has been making this place lively while I was only reading comments...The:
Nairaland
End Time Things
Garri Warriors
Buharians
GEJites
France scholars
NL Comments Readers
The Nominateds
Sleepless MODs
Osewa Seun
....and my countless VIPs who make me lmao always.
Happy new year in advance,all y'all....*toasts hot lipton with phone and sips with care*
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 26, 2014
lokoloko84:
Dishonest thieves. Most of these so called rich men earn their wealth because of their closeness with the ruling class giving them favourable policies at the expense of the poor.
you wonder whether these persons could be this rich in a sensible and normal country. Of course Nigeria is an abnormal country filled with Godless, shameless and lousy citizens.
How many of these persons pay taxes and help the poor?It is true that judgement will start in church..

I agree with you. Nothing spectacular here. Who will remain poor after receiving a prolific oilwell as a dash. There is hardly anyone.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by tomju(m): 6:32am On Dec 26, 2014
Mr. Modupe & Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija( Nigeria’s richest woman);
did anyone notice her husband's name? Mr Modupe! While the wife maintains her late husbands name ''Alakija''. Hmmmm, power of money.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by biggmusty(m): 6:34am On Dec 26, 2014
musicwriter:
Is she the richest woman in Africa?. Or, just Nigeria?.

Bros she is d richest black woman in d world. Her money double oprah winfrey own sef. She is a woman to be proud of
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 26, 2014
Funny but true grin
coretechng1:
Richest woman in NG and still happily married with kids.Some women will only have small shop or job and they will become something else,can't stay under any man any longer.Kudos to you ma.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 26, 2014
koyyess:
Why is she not as popular as oprah? She can't give back to the society like oprah does... . She'll just go broke. You go fear the power of oil block contracts na.
Just because she doesn't advertise it to the whole world does not mean that she doesn't give back to the community.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 26, 2014
tomju:
did anyone notice her husband's name? Mr Modupe! While the wife maintains her late husbands name ''Alakija''. Hmmmm, power of money.

Which late husband? AFAIK, Modupe Alakija is her only husband. Married in '76.

http://theroseofsharonfoundation.org/Our-Board_3
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by tpia0002: 6:56am On Dec 26, 2014
tomju:

hahahahaha you are quite funny.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by hadizadeezy(f): 6:57am On Dec 26, 2014
smudge2079:
Folorunsho Alakija is d definition of Self made... She is everything d nigerian lady should strive to be... Not pestering ur husband for every penny.
you better go and look for money.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by coolebux(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2014
profjustine:
PAPA EMEKA EGo garri ego ofe . wia is my wife?

Lolgrin
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by harry509: 7:16am On Dec 26, 2014
lalasticlala:
PHOTOS: Nigeria’s richest woman Folorunsho Alakija; husband Modupe & 4 sons @ Xmas service today

The Cathedral Church of Christ(Anglican Communion), located in Marina, Lagos, is one of Nigeria‘s churches with high-profile Nigerians as members. The church, which is the oldest Anglican cathedral church in Nigeria, and one of the finest, has as its head Archbishop Emeritus Dr. Ephraim Ademowo. The church has members like former Head of State Gen. Yakubu Gowon(retd.), Otunba Subomi Balogun, First City Monument Bank founder; Otunba Mike Adenuga, GLOBACOM/CONOIL founder; Hon. Justice Sola Oguntade, former Supreme Court judge; and many others too numerous to mention.

Also members of this cathedral are the ultra-wealthy Alakijas. Today at the Christmas Day service which had Archbishop Emeritus Dr. Ephraim Ademowo as celebrant, seated together in the front pew were Lagos State deputy governor Her Excellency Mrs. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire; Mr. Modupe & Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija( Nigeria’s richest woman); Ladi Alakija and his wife Lolade Cardoso-Alakija who carried their son; Dele Alakija; Folarin Alakija; and Rotimi Alakija.

http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/photos-nigerias-richest-woman-folorunsho-alakija-husband-modupe-4-sons-xmas-service-today/
GOD pls bless d work of my hand AMEN.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by smudge2079(m): 7:30am On Dec 26, 2014
Am doing dat... Take it or leave it.
hadizadeezy:
you better go and look for money.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by smudge2079(m): 7:33am On Dec 26, 2014
U mean she just woke up one day & oil blocks started falling into her laps... U need to read d story behind her rise to fame. Hardwork & diligence is written all over her.
chic2pimp:

Pray tell how is she the definition of selfmade? Someone that had oil blocks handed to her on a platter is your definition of "SELFMADE" right?
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by smudge2079(m): 7:34am On Dec 26, 2014
U can say dat again. She is a challenge to everyone. Fact
datalossvictim1:

Easy o! Self made indeed ...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 26, 2014
Self made woman my foot. Miriam Babangida's seamstress/mega drug courier. She got compensated handsomely for her efforts. Make una ask Gloria Okon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by smudge2079(m): 7:35am On Dec 26, 2014
Yes
Katier00:
. Really?
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Decryptor(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2014
Those saying that she worked very hard to get to where she is should cut me some slack!

This woman was IBB's w.hore who fvcked ibb silly and he decided to give her an oil bloc as a gift. angry

Anyway, fvcking is hardwork sha undecided

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by darexkey(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2014
musicwriter:
shes's d richest black woman in d world beatin orpah winfery to ds position.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 26, 2014
Babyboy1986:
Na God do am for them.

No be god do this one na Babangida do am
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 26, 2014
Wendyslim:
Role model kiss

Give us a brief history of your role model and tell us why she's your role model
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2014
TO ALL OF YOU WHINING ABOUT HOW SHE MADE HER WEALTH BY BEING GIFTED AN OILWELL BY BABAGINDA, IF E EASY, GO COLLECT YOUR OWN NAH.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by epospiky(m): 8:49am On Dec 26, 2014
musicwriter:

Actually, she's the richest black woman on earth.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by kabu: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2014
natureblack:
Calamity is when a wife is richer and more powerful than the husband............ While the gratified is the Primate to the church. wink #TithesAndOfferings

the husband suppose to be seating first but I can see the rich woman took his place that God gave him. "wealth without God is a waste"
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by koyyess: 8:55am On Dec 26, 2014
Mondisweets:
Just because she doesn't advertise it to the whole world does not mean that she doesn't give back to the community.
I strongly disagree with you.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2014
Been the richest woman,she is so humble to the call, so humble when i shook hands with her..i admire her alot.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by mbappah: 9:21am On Dec 26, 2014
[quote author=AutosBay post=29203105]How did she get rich did she invent any product, I only respect women who worked hard to make it in life e.g Oprah Winfrey [/she is the richest black woman in the world, richer than oprah. However this is another form of coruption by IBB and GEJ. Hope GMB will review the supreme court judgement that favors her against 140 million Nigerians.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 26, 2014
smudge2079:
Folorunsho Alakija is d definition of Self made... She is everything d nigerian lady should strive to be... Not pestering ur husband for every penny.
and wen she stops pestering u nd don't give a shit about u,u call her an independent woman and a feminist undecided guys sha eh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olamide Responds To NBC Banning His Song "Wo" / Lota Chukwu 'KIKI' Opens Up On Beef Between Toyo Baby And Funke Akindele / Peter Okoye And AY Chilling In Peter's Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.