Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Should I Study This Course - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Study This Course (950 Views)

Which University Can I Study Physiotherapy In Nigeria? / should i study agric? / What Course Can I Study With This Waec Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Study This Course by AsSabirin(m): 1:41am On Dec 26, 2014
Hi guys.
I graduated and finished service about a year ago. Been looking for job, but it's been a very difficult journey. I graduated with a lower, so the opportunity has not been much for me.
So, I decided to apply for masters. With God's favour, I got admission into the programme.
Now, here is my dilemma. The course I got admission for is medical systems engineering. I did a bit of search and noticed biomedical engineering is not so popular and common in the nigerian scene. At first this was the reason I chose the course, I wanted to go for somthing unique and try to build in that field, something untapped.

My dear nairalanders, would you suggest I take this course? I am a bit sceptical, as I have not heard or meet any biomedical engineer. I don't want to go do the masters and comeback and be more useless that when I left in the first place.
Please my brothers and sisters, if you have any info please contribute and advice me on this my issue.
I studied engineering, mechanical. Thanks
Re: Should I Study This Course by kyrianken(m): 1:49am On Dec 26, 2014
It is indid unique but are u really prepared tp face the challenges of the new area cos our older folks finds change a bit challenging, so if u can then the sky wl b ur starting point
Re: Should I Study This Course by lomaxx: 2:42am On Dec 26, 2014
I wanted to take a similar path after mbbs. I did my research and realised it ain't worth it.

don't try it...especially if you're considering Nigeria. Even outside the country, the future is bleak for BM engineers.

I'm just being realistic. It could be different for you.
Re: Should I Study This Course by AsSabirin(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2014
lomaxx:
I wanted to take a similar path after mbbs. I did my research and realised it ain't worth it.

don't try it...especially if you're considering Nigeria. Even outside the country, the future is bleak for BM engineers.

I'm just being realistic. It could be different for you.
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Should I Study This Course by AsSabirin(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2014
kyrianken:
It is indid unique but are u really prepared tp face the challenges of the new area cos our older folks finds change a bit challenging, so if u can then the sky wl b ur starting point
Thanks bro.

More inputs please.
Re: Should I Study This Course by AsSabirin(m): 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
People just viewing, I need replies please!

(1) (Reply)

Creche And Preschool / Project Topics And Materials In Computer Science / "Letter For Application" Or "Letter Of Application" Which Is More Correct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.