Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan (13002 Views)

Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com / Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Monimatic(m): 6:34am On Dec 26, 2014
The Nigerian Army on Thursday distanced the Commanding Officer of the 103 Battalion, Lt. Col Anthony Wende, from a petition purportedly written to President Goodluck Jonathan, on why the counter insurgency operations in the North-East had not yielded the desired results.

Some online news media(Shara Reporters) recently reported that the commanding officer petitioned the president, where allegation of corruption was said to have been the reason for the prolonged battle against the insurgents.

The letter to the president also claimed that the military did not have the requisite weapons to prosecute the current counter insurgency war against Boko Haram.

Addressing a press conference, the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations of the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri, Col. Sani Usman, said the Nigerian army had investigated the petition and discovered that the officer was not the author of the letter.

He said, “The petition was carefully studied and investigated by the Nigerian Army and as part of this process, forensic analysis by relevant security agencies was carried out. It was discovered that the allegations were spurious and baseless as the commanding officer had nothing to do with the petition. He has therefore been exonerated.”

Usman alleged that the petition was aimed at distracting the Army from its fight against terrorism in the country.

The Army spokesman said, “We wish to categorically state that the petition is the handiwork of mischief-makers aimed at distracting the 7 Division and indeed the Nigerian Army from its determined efforts at fighting insurgency and terrorism in this nation to a logical and successful conclusion.”

He added, “You will recall that the officer’s unit currently plays a vital role in the fight against Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria. Under his command, the unit, along with others, has been able to deny the terrorists freedom of action within their area of operations.

“It is out of sheer mischief therefore that someone is trying to ensure that the name of this gallant officer is smeared for inconceivable reasons.”

Wende, who was also at the press briefing, denied ever authoring the letter to the president, adding that there was no truth in the report that he was being threatened by the army authorities.
http://www.punchng.com/news/insurgency-commanding-officer-disowns-fraud-petition-to-jonathan/
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 6:48am On Dec 26, 2014
It is a pity they are draging military into politics with their cheap political campaign... Just to undermine the govt efforts against the insurgency... D man don denied am now, oya apc cook another one grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by holatin(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2014
No deceive me jare.
Do you Ve d best and right weapon to fight insurgence.

Because the letter could wound jona campaign, u re now saying something dat doesn't make sense to me.
Abeg DONT TELL ME NONSENSE.

BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT.

quote me and become epileptic

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by thiefnubu(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2014
Why did it take the man this long to disown the petition? undecided

Someone has been arm-twisted into singing a new song

If Skekau, wherever he is, has Internet stable enough to allow him upload long YouTube videos, then this army officer has no excuse as to why he hasn't distanced himself from the petition long before now....

If he can now find the time out of his busy schedule to attend a bogus press briefing, he should as well have found the time to personally and speedily disown the petition angry

8 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2014
What else do you expect?

The question we should be asking is: Are the allegations contained in the letter true or not? I don't have any doubt as to the correctness of those allegations. For all we care, the letter may have been written by someone else who has knowledge of the happenings there other than the Commanding Officer or by the Officer who is now forced to deny it in order to save face for the military and Jonathan. Those allegations are very detailed than what can be made up.

There is corruption in every segment of Nigeria and that is mainly responsible for our inability to defeat Boko Haram. With many of the military top brass carrying heavy belly around, how can they be effective and efficient?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by sccofield(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2014
let the military do their work
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Raymondfayowole(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2014
Kk
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 26, 2014
There was a Country...
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 26, 2014
temitemi1:
It is a pity they are draging military into politics with their cheap political campaign... Just to undermine the govt efforts against the insurgency... D man don denied am now, oya apc cook another one grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!
*shake my head*

5 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 26, 2014
Blame everytin on GEJ, and PEJ! Vote GMB, Vote for change.

12 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Granger: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2014
Now this is getting interesting...Y do I smell a big fat juicy mouse?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by okiezman(m): 7:06am On Dec 26, 2014
I knew that letter was written by APC and given to sahara reporters to say it's from a military chief. God will expose all of you satan. With your propaganda, Gej till 2019 noni

12 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 26, 2014
The man already made his point and the best thing to do right now is deny it or be sentenced to death.

3 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by koboko69: 7:06am On Dec 26, 2014
I am expecting some bunch of uneducated clowns under the tattered umbrella of saTAN to take swipes about sahara reporters.
In summary
There was a petition, the petition was addressed to the president. The president read the petition.
The Nigerian army is only claiming the petition is not.from one.of them.

Who then wrote the petition..? If anyone likes.it or not. A military man wrote that petition. The contents of the petition are obviously true to even an average civilian. I advice the army to investigate the petition and not the petitioner.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 26, 2014
Granger:
hahahaha, awo oloshi.
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by coolzeal(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2014
Corruption has eaten or ingrained in us so badly and sometimes I wonder if corruption was actually created in Nigeria. Do we even have a governmental sector or institution in Nigeria that's free from corruption? Please I like to know.

8 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by carterguccy(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2014
Liars!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by taiwo005(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2014
Interesting....
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Sibabasibaba1: 7:07am On Dec 26, 2014
SaharaReporters and lies are conjoined twins.

2 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Ahmed4002(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Esprit de Corp's

really team spirit.

go home you have been bribe Commander

O, Allah(God), put in our hearts a portion of fear
with which You would help us to reachParadise, nd enable us to have the benefits of our hearing, sight nd physical strength as long as You keep us alive, nd make these outlast us.

7 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Meringe(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2014
I expected less. Government should investigate the points he raised than press conferencing. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by okiezman(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Avictomama:

*shake my head*

U be lizard? Y u shaking ya head?

4 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by godwinkessi: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
The letter said the whole truth about the military

3 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Johnnoo(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
NA is fighting many battles...
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by ObiOkpor(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
No be me una go fool again..
Our troops are ill-equiped..shikina!
Thank God my bros was just redeployed past monday..

3 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by chronique(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
What do these retards hope to gain by all these fraudulents claims being apportioned to the army? Why claim an officer wrote a letter when he actually never did? May it never be well with the mischief makers who want to plunge Nigeria into total crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by ichidodo: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
This is sickening to say the least,how can Sahara reporters stoop this low?...

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Idrisenagi: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
http://modeducation.info/fair2015/index.php?ref=MOD68899934 scholarship link, please register and share with all your friends
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by multiconcept(m): 7:10am On Dec 26, 2014
All we want is
B: bring
U: Us
H: Happiness
A: And
R: Restore
I: Integrity

terrorist are wrong education is wright we say BOKOHALAL

4 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 26, 2014
Granger:

well, I think you have a big juicy phat nostrils and that means you can even smell a fungus. Please get some nose protection.
Re: Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan by azibit: 7:12am On Dec 26, 2014
When the news favours GEJ, you don't call sahara reporters liars. When the truth is spoken you say its lie against GEJ.
GEJ, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT NIGERIANS WANT CHANGE. GIVE CHANGE A CHANCE AND STOP BALMING APC FOR EVERY PROBLEM YOU HAVE.
BE A MAN AND BE A PRESIDENT FIR AT LEAST YOUR REMAINING 8 weeks in office.
Sai GMB

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IGP Bans Use Of POS Machines In Stations, Force Facilities Nationwide / Video Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Dancing / Driver’s Death In LASTMA Custody Stirs Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.