Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

What Next After A 3rd Class From University? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Next After A 3rd Class From University? (32016 Views)

How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / Post Graduate In Geology Department For A 3rd Class Grad, University Of Ibadan / When Did You Know You'd Be Bagging A 3rd Class (or Pass) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2009
Why would one get a 3rd class?
Anyway, whats done is done.
Advanced certification and educational qualifications will help.
What will help the most is SELF BELIEF
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by sammyzacks(m): 3:09pm On Mar 09, 2009
it does not matter what you certificate says. what matters is what you have learnt and able to put into useful application. You must not work for shell you can start your our "microsoft". Its only a matter of time and you will be able to employ the so called 1st class and 2.1 graduates.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by vincentbab(m): 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2009
Nawa ooooooo ! e go hard o, with a 3rd class, you can be sure you wont get the type of job you reall want, although i believe in the God factor as a christian, but a 3rd class is really a bad start in these days of severe competition. in all honesty i would advise you go for a masters degree in that courese or if you have to change your feild you8 go and do a post-graduate course. but pray sha, you never can tell what God has in stock 45 u
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by pespes: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2009
I came out, Just finished serving and Has been retianed and i am earning to the Glory of God same or even higher than many Bank's Entry level. The Job is good and so is the environment somewhere in the IsLAND, GO GET CERTIFICATIONS , pRAY AND God will favour you.

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by omotlala09(f): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2009
I CAN SEE PEOPLE'S VIEWS ABOUT A THIRD CLASS GRADUATE IS NOT FAIR AT ALL!!IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD,BE IT WOLE SOYINKA,GANI FAWEHINMI AND OTHERS FINISHED WIH A THIRD CLASS AND SUCEEDED,THAT ALONE SHOULD NOT MAKE A THIRD CLASS GRADUATE LIMIT HIM OR HERSELF!! PLEASE GET UR SELF POLISHED AND PROVE THEM WRONG THAT A THIRD CLASS PERSON COULD BE FAR BETTER THAN A FIRST CLASS GRADUATE.JUST LET  THEM SEE YOU HAVE GOT THE POTENTIALS AND PLEASE DONT BE INTIMIDATED BE BOLD , SURE BEYOND THE SKY IS YOUR  LIMIT

ONE KEY WORD,  BELIEVE IN YOURSELF [color=#990000][/color]PLEASEEEEEEE cool
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by ayobase(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2009
Go for certified programmes.
then ur masters,go to UK
if u are capable.

One thing, learn from ur mistakes.
start reading books.
*richest man in babylon
*rich dad and poor dad

there are many of em!!

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Cipriani(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2009
apply 4 jamb, pce or pre-degree. gfter passing any applied for, pencil down mistakes made in previous degree that lead to a 3rd & activities that can lead to a 1st in d new degree. then sky is d limit, even scholarships & awards would be easily acquired. be ready for an exemption from service cert. you can also use yovr 3rd cl degr 2 start from 2nd or 3rd year in a related course. but i wuld only be sorry for your stupidity if you can get a job after all that because you will be forever stupid.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Cipriani(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2009
my hod when I was in school said this degree is a foundation & not d house, a platform & not d stage. he told us in class dat we should look at our environment & society & search for what is lacking or needed & how we can provide it or find solution. there is a huge series of lack in d society today & the earlier you discover one, the earlier you provide a solution, the earlier your money starts rolling in & you must discover your purpose & talent in life. white collar jobs are not d only jobs, you can get a vocational training in fields like printing, catering etc & be successful. lastly remember the GOD whom vou serve. even with masters & other certs., you might not get a job if d field you are is not your calling from GOD. i dont advise people going for masters & cert. courses. i advise people to become employers rather than employees by starting a businesst no matter how small. having 1st, 2nd, 3rd & pass degree does not give you life but a compass to direct you to good life.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Iyykanu: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
Nothing Boy! smiley wink cheesy wink wink wink
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Confilass: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
My mind is relax, I can make it by God's grace.

I came out with 3rd class (Accounting). My intent was to do my Masters at Canada or US. As it stands, can I still go ahead or do I go for my PGD in Naija but dat will take me another 18 months.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Confilass: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
My mind is relax, I can make it by God's grace.

I came out with 3rd class (Accounting). My intent was to do my Masters at Canada or US.  As it stands, can I still go ahead or do I go for my PGD in Naija but dat will take me another 18 months.

Pls advise
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Iyykanu: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
Accounting 3rd class ,go for professionals like ACCA, CFA etc, it will forever remove the stain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Confilass: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2010
Iyykanu, thx a million.

Pls I saw a mail while I was modifying my post which talk about SAT etc. can u re-send it. It will be of great help.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by geosoft: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2010
I score You a 10/10 g+!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Sky-walker:
@poster.

Do professional certification,then apply for masters abroad,like UK.Some institutions a would accept you for masters if you add your professional certificate along with it.

Good Luck

I came out with a 3rd class degree and i am doing my masters now (did not go through PGD).Besides i have a part time job as a systems Engineer also
pls which of the unis? And what kind of certification wud u advice someone with a 3rd class in bankn? Doe im considering goin into IT, that has always been my dream
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
adanny01: I've got a 3rd class from a reputable 1st generation university in north. I know, i didnt read like i should've. CAUSE NO 1.
CAUSE NO 2: My department for the last 20 yrs have not produced a single 1st class (as a matter of fact i dont know who last got the 1st thing not even all the lecturers). 50% of its grads are 3rd class, 15% pass, 5% 2-1 and the remaining 30% 2-2. I guess i went to the wrong school.
Note: I did my IT with students from a state university, they admited that we (from my school) know far better, but they had far better grades. For thought, they had like 45% 2-1, 50% 2-2 and 5% 3rd class with no pass in their class.
Hey i forgot to mention dropouts from day 1, i would put them at 35% of the initial class at 100 level.
CAUSE NO 3 I'll say the system. For example, i did a cognate course that almost the whole faculty does. To my department, its a 1 credit, to another department its a 2credit, to another its a 3credit. To the original department that owns the course its about 3courses, each not less than 2 credit that is done in 3 sessions. Note again that a 1credit means 1 contact hour. My 1credit did actually mean i was doing about 3credits. Other course had there own cases which space will not permit me to bore you with.
This is my experience.
Give us a break and a chance to prove ourselves.
Am preparing for my PGD and subsequently, masters.
pls which skol did u do ur pgd?
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Beejaysmile: 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2013
D only reasonable post ere came frm g+.....u re d best.....thanks for dat!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
Beejay smile: D only reasonable post ere came frm g+.....u re d best.....thanks for dat!
true
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by cdekj(m): 3:29am On Nov 07, 2013
Encouragin
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by ruffhandu: 8:37am On Nov 07, 2013
true

Hello, you don't have a username? So that's possible on nairaland? Or are you a nairaland staff? Please tell me how you did it.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Omieye22: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
Emad: well u join the Labour market! grin grin grin

i wonder what causes a person to have a 3rd class! buhahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
pride
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Umarun: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
I am also a 3rd class graduate and comfortably employed now. my 3rd class degree is simply down to a mistake a did
I was to carry over a second semester course from my yr one but I forgot. then after my final exam I was relaxed that I wl graduate bc I was told I was among the first 20 students that were screened from any carry over in my final yr.but when our level 1-4 transcript were colled hm,what I never though happened I supposed to repeat a 3 credit course
To cut the story short I was gvn 2 options ;repeat the course and take 3td class or collect a certificate of attendance (despite hvn 3.14 as my final cgpa)
and through wt my pgd nd verry soon masters
my advice just go for pgd is try free online certificate programs to add weight to ur CV.Never allow that 3rd classrim to weigh u down.

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
g+:
i came out of the university with a third class degree some years ago. i have no one to blame as the reason was simple that i spent one year at home not enjoying the course i was given to read. this was foolish as i was already in third year. so a whole session without any points. my late elder had to come in from england to get me to finish off the last year.

2 weeks ago i was appointed as executive director in the firm ive been with for 7 years. climbed a few of my colleagues that joined earlier, 1st class etc.

i say all this to say its not the class but you that matters. i diversified my skills. honed my presentation ablilities. i have never been asked of my grade in any interview i have ever attended. you cannot ask me cos it will be foolish with the confidence and deft engagement and conversational poise i had acquired.

finally, get a pgd if you can and improve youself all round. you can start with your confidence. you will need it.
Please what presentation skills would you advise an undergraduate studying physics to learn? And how could such a person diversify his skills?
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by liliangmail(f): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2014
@Mr +G
..Gob is ur strenght as u step up......
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by liliangmail(f): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2014
Job srch is all about Mindset...Have strong confidence in urself.....Peopl can still cut corners to get 1st class nd 2.1....bt empty inside.....with 3rd class u cn get job...a vry well paid job if ur brain is stocked wif stuff...
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2014
gaddafi81:
Can you people stop this, 3rd class is NOT ok. 95% of the reason is because the individual was playful in school. It is not ok in this competitive society we're in right now!!!

Though its being awhile this thread was created, but am just getting to read it now, i must say am disappointed with the way u view things, u keep on opposing those giving other people a reason to live, if u dont have anything positive to encourage d op and other people out there, its always better to keep quiet, words kill than actions.

And what certificate did Dangote, Adenuga has to employ professors? Or what certificate did Obasanjo have to become ur president,

U can be a slave to that piece of paper when u make it determine ur life/destiny. Even a first class graduate is not guarantee success with that piece of paper.

NB : not all 3rd class students were unserious.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by asalimpo(m): 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
spikedcylinder:

Some universities offer pre-masters programmes and other courses to help boost your GPA to the required GPA level. It is not only by taking professional courses.

@ game-rod, your argument is limp. The "Bill Gates is a drop out" story is seriously tired. Bill Gates is an extremely brilliant man despite dropping out of Havard. He definitely is NOT a 3rd class candidate or what do you think got him into HAVARD in the first place? The man scored 1590 out of 1600 in SAT and when reviewed, he has an IQ of 170!!!!
So please, stop using him to support your "third class" arguments. undecided
Bill gates , only dropped out. He didnt have a 3rd class.
But if He did, organisations wud screen him out .
Y? First cuz he has no "degree".
If they cud see his true worth, we only know his worth because he has proved/actualised himself,
they'd scramble to pull him out of school.
If bill gates made a third class,it would b because he was lax/careless/demotivated and not because he was dull/third class brain (wat does this term mean?sick term)

if bill gates was 3rd c,the question wud then b- y was he?
Mayb because there was nothing really interestng to feed his mind on. He found the mindless chore of waking up, readg ,attendg classes, studyng unnecessary subjects, watching gpas, writg assignmnts,preparg and defendg term papers boring.
Bill gates wudve also found d process of attendg interviews dry n boring.

I believe, theyre many bill gates/zuckerbergs with third class.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Dereformer(m): 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
Iyykanu:
Accounting 3rd class ,go for professionals like ACCA, CFA etc, it will forever remove the stain

Quote me. A 3rd class holder will take 20 years or more to finish the exams you listed above.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by asalimpo(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dereformer:

Quote me. A 3rd class holder will take 20 years or more to finish the exams you listed above.

a dull person (3rd c,pass,2.2,2.1,1st c ,maybe)
a non dull person (no. )

This is d indoctrination I was talkg about.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Dereformer(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
asalimpo:

a dull person (3rd c,pass,2.2,2.1,1st c ,maybe)
a non dull person (no. )

This is d indoctrination I was talkg about.

Non dull person! What do you mean?

How come he made a third class if he is not dull?

For 4 or 5 years he couldn't get a cgpa of at least 2.40

Do you know what that means, his grades were fluctuating between C and D.

Such a fellow must be very very dull.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by asalimpo(m): 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dereformer:

Non dull person! What do you mean?

How come he made a third class if he is not dull?

For 4 or 5 years he couldn't get a cgpa of at least 2.40

Do you know what that means, his grades were fluctuating between C and D.

Such a fellow must be very very dull.

dyu listen to yourself talk ?
If He cant make it because his brain is really dull , then it is impossible to do well in any rigorous test after school .
If, he excels ,then the problem isnt his brain ,like ur insinuatg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Casual Leave:annual Leave What Is The Difference Please / How Journalists Around The World Risk Their Lives. / Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.