Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... (1642 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
I know a pastor who is deeply in love with a catholic lady,and wants to marry her.is it possible for such a union to be fruitfull especially when he is a pastorplease I need sensible comments on this..
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by IamDejman(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
Love is blind...Marriage is the Eye opener- Enuch Adejare Adeboye
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by nora544: 5:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
It is possible.

My girlfriend is a pastor and he is from the lutheran church and her husband is catholic and it works perfecet they are married since 31 years.
Her husband is still catholic.
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
IamDejman:
Love is blind...Marriage is the Eye opener- Enuch Adejare Adeboye
what are you saying na?
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
nora544:
It is possible.

My girlfriend is a pastor and he is from the lutheran church and her husband is catholic and it works perfecet they are married since 31 years.
Her husband is still catholic.
hmmmmmmm
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
And they gave birth to an agnostic
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
And they gave birth to an agnostic
do you play with everything.
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by chison89: 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
Mehn dis is very difficult especially if the lady is a "stubborn catholic".

THE LADY;
She will not wed in another church apart from catholic church,she will continue to attend catholic church not of her husband to-be's church that means she will not do the work of pastor's wife in his church and the vacuum will be there(we know what will happen). Also she will grow(train) her/their child/children in the catholic faith etc.

THE PASTOR;
He is the owner or one of the pastors in that church,therefore, he needs his wife to-be desperately.He will not portray a good and sound doctrine to his congregation because there will definitely be murmuring among the church members .And also the ego,confidence and self-esteem of the pastor will be lacking. Etc

My candid opinion hmmmm,they should think twice before the marriage,if they can understand each other and withstand all the ordeals involve.
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
chison89:
Mehn dis is very difficult especially if the lady is a "stubborn catholic".

THE LADY;
She will not wed in another church apart from catholic church,she will continue to attend catholic church not of her husband to-be's church that means she will not do the work of pastor's wife in his church and the vacuum will be there(we know what will happen). Also she will grow(train) her/their child/children in the catholic faith etc.

THE PASTOR;
He is the owner or one of the pastors in that church therefore he needs his wife to-be desperately.He will not portray a good and sound doctrine to his congregation because there will definitely be murmuring among them.And also the ego,confidence and self-esteem of the pastor will be lacking. Etc

My candid opinion hmmmm,they should tinh twice before the marriage if they can understand each other and withstand all the ordeals involve.
..hmmmmmmmm.....my brother thank you.

1 Like

Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by jamp: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
They can marrry. Church should not be a problem but nigerians make a big deal out of it. I will advice both to pray and reach a compromise on how to run their family
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
jamp:
They can marrry. Church should not be a problem but nigerians make a big deal out of it. I will advice both to pray and reach a compromise on how to run their family
what compromise
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by jamp: 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
misreal:
what compromise

there is always a compromise in every relationship. Both should look for a workable compromise to achieve their aim. For example, they should attend their separate churches but agree to support each other when d need arises.
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
jamp:

there is always a compromise in every relationship. Both should look for a workable compromise to achieve their aim. For example, they should attend their separate churches but agree to support each other when d need arises.
hmmmmmm....
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by tpia003: 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
misreal:
I know a pastor who is deeply in love with a catholic lady,and wants to marry her.is it possible for such a union to be fruitfull especially when he is a pastorplease I need sensible comments on this..

Is pastor a denomination?
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 7:13am On Dec 27, 2014
tpia003:

Is pastor a denomination?
OK sir.he is a pentecostal pastor...
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by asalimpo(m): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2014
SHe is an idol worshipper,
He is a true worshipper, can they get married?
Can they b happily married? Dunno.
Solomon married idol worshippers and forsook God.
It's usually the man who gets influenced by d woman.
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by Ubenedictus(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2014
asalimpo:
nonsense
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 10:18am On Dec 27, 2014
asalimpo:
hmmmmmmm...tnx
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by lilmax(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2014
What exactly are you asking?
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 11:18am On Dec 27, 2014
lilmax:
What exactly are you asking?
I am asking for advice on what to do..
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by asalimpo(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:
nonsense
Are u catholic?
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by asalimpo(m): 12:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
@op are u d pastor?
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by waldigit: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
misreal:
Let him go to the founder of marriage and ask. Then as a pastor he is supposed to know some history of church. In case he doesn, know he should research. This will help him appreciate pple from other denomination esp. Catholic.
He can also work it out with her partner. He should not mind the position of catholic church because he is not marrying local assembly but his wife.
Honestly, if he is to go by the catholic church position he would not marry the woman. The church has un scriptural position concerning what he is about to do, the best is go for God and your woman and it shall be possible.
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
waldigit:

Let him go to the founder of marriage and ask. Then as a pastor he is supposed to know some history of church. In case he doesn, know he should research. This will help him appreciate pple from other denomination esp. Catholic.
He can also work it out with her partner. He should not mind the position of catholic church because he is not marrying local assembly but his wife.
Honestly, if he is to go by the catholic church position he would not marry the woman. The church has un scriptural position concerning what he is about to do, the best is go for God and your woman and it shall be possible.
hmmmmmmm....nice..so what is the unscriptural position they have concerning marriage??
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
asalimpo:
@op are u d pastor?
y are u asking??
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
asalimpo:

Are u catholic?
he is......
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by asalimpo(m): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
misreal:
y are u asking??
just a hunch.
Anyway, i feel d guy in question really gbadun d babe , i mean is really tripping, and as such wants to marry her despite her religious affiliation. I think d love both have for each other can overshadow their religious diffs but it will take seryus work.
However,if one were christian and the other were non-christian(muslim,bhuddist,etc) you already know d answer is a staunch No No. Catholicsm is a gray area though,theyre some genuine born again kat-o-holics catholics.

A pastor friend of mine is in d same dilemma,but d guy doesnt seem to care and theyre quite compatible. Wants to take her to d alter.
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by misreal(m): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
asalimpo:

just a hunch.
Anyway, i feel d guy in question really gbadun d babe , i mean is really tripping, and as such wants to marry her despite her religious affiliation. I think d love both have for each other can overshadow their religious diffs but it will take seryus work.
However,if one were christian and the other were non-christian(muslim,bhuddist,etc) you already know d answer is a staunch No No. Catholicsm is a gray area though,theyre some genuine born again kat-o-holics catholics.

A pastor friend of mine is in d same dilemma,but d guy doesnt seem to care and theyre quite compatible. Wants to take her to d alter.
your hunch might just be true
Re: He Is A Pastor And She Is A Catholic.... by waldigit: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
misreal:
hmmmmmmm....nice..so what is the unscriptural position they have concerning marriage??
If the wedding ceremony is going to take place in their church, they will insist that he signs undertaking that he will not convert his wife and his children from their denomination to his own denomination.

(1) (Reply)

Warning To America And Israel By An Ex Muslim / Jesus And All Of The Prophets Before Him Pray The Same As Muslims Pray Today / The Companions Of Prophet Muhammad That Walk On Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.