Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? (1110 Views)

Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate / Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? / Getting Married To Your Age mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by Mrsfaithhh: 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
When God used the word "help mate" in the bible,did he specify the areas which men need to b helped? NO. So y do people tink "help mate" means its her duty to do al d hous chores? Isn't that mistaking the word "help mate for house help"? Between isn't it called help wen u the "helpee" is involved? Abi wat do u tink?
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by lafflaff123(m): 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
Simply means when both parties contribute equally in a house hold, both in finances, chores, pains, sorrows and joys.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by holatin(m): 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
Mrsfaithhh:
When God used the word "help mate" in the bible,did he specify the areas which men need to b helped? NO. So y do people tink "help mate" means its her duty to do al d hous chores? Isn't that mistaking the word "help mate for house help"? Between isn't it called help wen u the "helpee" is involved? Abi wat do u tink?
really then they should behave like an help mate by not been stingy with their money
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by Mrsfaithhh: 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
holatin:
really then they should behave like an help mate by not been stingy with their money
I support dat she shud also help financially.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by holatin(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Mrsfaithhh:

I support dat she shud also help financially.
Gbam ,!
oya take dis spiritual hug
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by Evina(f): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
Help Mate: A mate that helps. grin
But I thought it was Help Meet?
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by Exjoker(m): 12:28am On Dec 27, 2014
Mrsfaithhh:
My dear you should be happy that the ladies were given only the house chores to do o. If we are to go by your definition of HELP MATE, ladies go suffer I tell you. And by the way do expect a man to go hustle for money outside and still come to do the house chores while he have a help mate
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by bukatyne(f): 8:22am On Dec 27, 2014
Exjoker:
My dear you should be happy that the ladies were given only the house chores to do o. If we are to go by your definition of HELP MATE, ladies go suffer I tell you. And by the way do expect a man to go hustle for money outside and still come to do the house chores while he have a help mate

Women doesn't hussle also?

Chores are not 'only chores' especially for a working wife.

So what is your definition of a helpmate? I think the right word is helpmeet
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by wengerly(m): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2014
Mrsfaithhh:

it is actually help "meet" not mate
Genesis: 2. 18. And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him. Emphasis included.

She is not a "house help" but please note that both spouses are supposed to complement one another in ways that best works for them. It is a mutual thing, none is a slave of/to the other.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by IDEApro(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2014
HELP: A subordinate to a Principal.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Word "HELP MATE"? by LordReed(m): 7:55am On Dec 28, 2014
Evina:
Help Mate: A mate that helps. grin
But I thought it was Help Meet?

Yes it is help meet, meaning help that is fit for the task. Woman is to help man build a home, a family and a world and She is very suited for the task.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Solving Your Problem Through Ifa / Oracle / She Wants A Divorce / As A Woman, Would You Say Amen To This Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.