Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? (2200 Views)

Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget / Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman / See How APC Intend To Fight Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2014
"I will fight corruption" has always been the watch words of the old general but my problem is, he has not given us a clue on how he intends achieving that. Is he only telling us what we wld love to hear or has he an elaborate plans. Plz those that have a clue on this issue shld comment and help me solve the puzzle cos I am making up my mind on who will get my vote.Let's go there.

1 Like

Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2014
FTC
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 7:20am On Dec 27, 2014
I can't see your comment
starlingleanets:
FTC
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by trillville(m): 7:41am On Dec 27, 2014
Buhari may nationalize the oil wells. This singular act will return the wealth of our nation back to Nigerians and away from a few thieving hands.

I hope this makes sense to u.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 7:50am On Dec 27, 2014
By nationalizing the oil well, do u mean he will take the oil well from his brothers and return it to the Niger Deltans and other regions ??
trillville:
Buhari may nationalize the oil wells. This singular act will return the wealth of our nation back to Nigerians and away from a few thieving hands.

Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by trillville(m): 8:34am On Dec 27, 2014
The ND issue is more complicated than what is presently being discussed. The issue of onshore offshore dichotomy will have to come to play if oil wells are to be given to the ND in my own honest opinion. Again, the onshore oil wells, if given to the ND will have to be given solely to the traditional rulers of the regions the wells are located in. It is quite a complicated process.

What Buhari 'may' do is to save the revenue which the current owners are earning and place the savings in our external reserves. This will I'd in reducing the present predicament nigeria is facing and at the same time reduce the injustice in the system.

We all expected GEJ to do this being an educated man and at the same time coming from the ND. I am a middlebelter but gej failure on this issue can only be explained by personal greed and to me, this is his biggest failure
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by trillville(m): 8:39am On Dec 27, 2014
kayce911:
By nationalizing the oil well, do u mean he will take the oil well from his brothers and return it to the Niger Deltans and other regions ??
Most of the northerners that own oil wells are Buhari's enemies and not his brothers.
Buhari like other military men in his era is not a tribalist.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2014
Complicated theory
trillville:
The ND issue is more complicated than what is presently being discussed. The issue of onshore offshore dichotomy will have to come to play if oil wells are to be given to the ND in my own honest opinion. Again, the onshore oil wells, if given to the ND will have to be given solely to the traditional rulers of the regions the wells are located in. It is quite a complicated process.

What Buhari 'may' do is use the revenue which the current owners are earning as savings in our external reserves. This will I'd in reducing the present predicament nigeria is facing and at the same time reduce the injustice in the system.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by sufido123: 8:43am On Dec 27, 2014
By dinning with the same folks he used to call corrupt and by being hypocritical. The first thing he should do if God forbid he wins is to refund the 2.8 billion dollars and 25 billion he made away with previously.

3 Likes

Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2014
Those men seem untouchable and that comes the prob again,how will he handle them ?
trillville:

Most of the northerners that own oil wells are Buhari's enemies and not his brothers.
Buhari like other military men in his era is not a tribalist.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2014
sufido123:
By dinning with the same folks he used to call corrupt and by being hypocritical. The first thing he should do if God forbid he wins is to refund the 2.8 billion dollars and 25 billion he made away with previously.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by XueRengui: 8:48am On Dec 27, 2014
kayce911:
"I will fight corruption" has always been the watch words of the old general but my problem is, he has not given of a clue on how he intends achieving that. Is he only telling us what we wld love to hear or has he an elaborate plans. Plz those that have a clue on this issue shld comment and help me solve the puzzle cos I am making up my mind on who will get my vote.Let's go there.
check this
https://www.nairaland.com/2062436/nigeria-buhari-corruption-3-fingers
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by trillville(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2014
kayce911:
Those men seem untouchable and that comes the prob again,how will he handle them ?

This is a man that at the age of 42 decided to smuggle a thief in a crate from England all the way to nigeria.

Buhari does not care about the consequences of his actions, all he knows is that he is doing good. Even if it cost him his life, he will still go ahead with his actions. The negative with this behavior is that it can lead to dictatorial tendencies, but to the glory of God, we are in a democracy, so he cannot do whatever he likes.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2014
In the minds of twisted Nigerians, we must live with corruption. SMH.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2014
By publicly shooting people he thinks are corrupt with his nonsense decrees.. He's done it before, he'll do it again.

You won't understand op, there was a firing squad in my backyard where people that stole milk and other nonsense things were shot by soldiers. Jail was filled with people that criticized him back then
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Flets: 8:58am On Dec 27, 2014
Buhari cannot fight corruption. It is impossible for his person to succeed in doing that. There are two angles to it

Firstly. .. under democracy, only a court can determine if a person is corrupt or not. This is not military where the president has veto powers to do as he likes. Politicians can pay their way through the courts and judges and there is nothing Buhari can do about it. If he changes the judges, the next are as corrupt as the previous. The only way out of corruption under democracy is adopting true federalism where politicians have to work to earn their pay and there is little or nothing to embezzle

Secondly, Buhari is not interested in fighting any corruption otherwise he would have made public his plans.

What communion has light with darkness?What could integrity and corruption be doing together?

Lets face it, Buhari is as corrupt or more corrupt than Tinubu.Integrity is a matter of principle and there is nothing in the world that could make a man who claims to be incorruptible to mingle with the same corrupt people he should be against.

If there is any height of deception, Buhari is the global unit. Thankfully Nigerians can see through all his evil

On the other hand, Buhari is the only terrorist who has openely defended bokoharam and condemned Nigeria army.
Read!!!!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

1 Like

Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Flets: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2014
trillville:

Can you explain how this equates corruption? Who are the oil well owners/ thieving hands?
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2014
He will pight kworufftion in his dreams using axe, AK 47, and bullets.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by egift(m): 9:21am On Dec 27, 2014
WT: Should Nigerians expect to see the Buhari brand of justice when you come into power?

Buhari: I think the practical way of approaching corruption in this country – and I make reference to NEPA, the petroleum industry and the military – is to draw a line. Whatever is the cause, we’ll not interfere with the courts, except that we’ll stay on their backs. Let them treat corruption cases as best as they can. From the day we come in, for those who think the treasury is for their pockets, there will be legal implications. If you say you will start to investigate every corruption incident in Nigeria, it would not be possible. Most of the institutions have been compromised. The person you depend on to go and investigate may be corrupt also.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by trillville(m): 9:27am On Dec 27, 2014
Flets:

Can you explain how this equates corruption? Who are the oil well owners/ thieving hands?

Why should a single individual own an oil well that should belong to every single Nigerian?

what did the person do get receive ownership of the oil well?

These owners do not even operate the wells, they simply outsource the operations and rip huge profits in billions of dollars.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by trillville(m): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2014
Flets:
Buhari cannot fight corruption. It is impossible for his person to succeed in doing that. There are two angles to it

Firstly. .. under democracy, only a court can determine if a person is corrupt or not. This is not military where the president has veto powers to do as he likes. Politicians can pay their way through the courts and judges and there is nothing Buhari can do about it. If he changes the judges, the next are as corrupt as the previous. The only way out of corruption under democracy is adopting true federalism where politicians have to work to earn their pay and there is little or nothing to embezzle

Secondly, Buhari is not interested in fighting any corruption otherwise he would have made public his plans.

What communion has light with darkness?What could integrity and corruption be doing together?

Lets face it, Buhari is as corrupt or more corrupt than Tinubu.Integrity is a matter of principle and there is nothing in the world that could make a man who claims to be incorruptible to mingle with the same corrupt people he should be against.

If there is any height of deception, Buhari is the global unit. Thankfully Nigerians can see through all his evil

On the other hand, Buhari is the only terrorist who has openely defended bokoharam and condemned Nigeria army.
Read!!!!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

How many people have been convicted of corruption in GEJ's tenure? How many were convicted in OBJ's tenure?
Even though Nigerians claim all Obj did was to witch hunt people, corruption was not as prevalent during his tenure as it is now and both men have ruled under democracy.
Buhari is now promising to do a better job than OBJ so why are u complaining?
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2014
Well said
Flets:

Read!!!!

Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Flets: 9:40am On Dec 27, 2014
trillville:

How many people have been convicted of corruption in GEJ's tenure? How many were convicted in OBJ's tenure?
Even though Nigerians claim all Obj did was to witch hunt people, corruption was not as prevalent during his tenure as it is now and both men have ruled under democracy.
Buhari is now promising to do a better job than OBJ so why are u complaining?

You are a novice. The only reason you think corruption is rampant today than in the past is because GEJ signed the freedom of information bill for which every info is in public glare. Neither Obj nor Yaradua agreed to sign it.

Corruption has been this way. To what end did Obj fight corruption?, did it eliminate corruption from Nigeria? Obj's individual corruption is more than that of all Nigerians combined.

No single individual can eliminate corruption in our democracy. There are only two ways out
1. Go back to military rule and hope that an Incorruptible military man cleanses the system
2. Under democracy. ...implement true federalism

Every other option under democracy is hoax.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2014
Lol
Acidosis:
He will pight kworufftion in his dreams using axe, AK 47, and bullets.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by kayce911(f): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2014
How do I make the moderators to take this discussion to homepage
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Acidosis(m): 9:44am On Dec 27, 2014
Flets:

Read!!!!

A sensible article
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by trillville(m): 10:06am On Dec 27, 2014
Flets:

You are a novice. The only reason you think corruption is rampant today than in the past is because GEJ signed the freedom of information bill for which every info is in public glare. Neither Obj nor Yaradua agreed to sign it.

Corruption has been this way. To what end did Obj fight corruption?, did it eliminate corruption from Nigeria? Obj's individual corruption is more than that of all Nigerians combined.

No single individual can eliminate corruption in our democracy. There are only two ways out
1. Go back to military rule and hope that an Incorruptible military man cleanses the system
2. Under democracy. ...implement true federalism

Every other option under democracy is hoax.

Do countries less corrupt than nigeria operate dictatorships or whatever you call true federalism? what country operates this solution to corruption you have just written?

All countries have some form of corruption. the issue with nigeria is the depth to which we have let corruption improverish our people. the solution is just using the laws in our constitution to punish thieves. why I mentioned OBJ was to show you that a president can ensure thieves get convicted if he/she wants to.

Ur two options are both too dangerous to contemplate. if you do not know, true federalism would lead nigeria to civil war, may be this is ur hidden agenda.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by SAMBARRY: 10:13am On Dec 27, 2014
Can corruption fight corruption. If he knows he isman eenough and he wants to earn my trust and vote he should declare his assets before and after power when he was a military leader with detailed analytical details of how he spent government funds.i know say them no born am well to declare his assets even now

a chameleon can never change his spot. I can't ever trust that man if he doesn't do it

1 Like

Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by away4real(m): 10:18am On Dec 27, 2014
It's a bit worrying that no one can articulate the "change" policy on corruption.

I am interested in hearing from Buhari's supporters, am wondering how he will fight corruption with the crowd he now dines with.

While we are at that..pls what is his policy on diversification - we have always known oil is volatile, what are his plans to diversify the economy?

Am careful not to join the band wagon of change without first understanding what the change looks like..
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2014
trillville:

You are an economic novice

You want Nigeria to be like US but hope to achieve it through a Soviet system.

Guy wake up

There is nothing wrong in individuals owing oil wells

What is wrong

Is using military/undemocratic powers to allocate oil wells to your tribesmen and friends

Sarduna kicked against Southerners acquiring economic ventures in the North only for the descendants of Sarduna to own oil wells in the South while hailing Sarduna

My friend

Is it right.?
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 27, 2014
trillville:

Do countries less corrupt than nigeria operate dictatorships or whatever you call true federalism? what country operates this solution to corruption you have just written?

All countries have some form of corruption. the issue with nigeria is the depth to which we have let corruption improverish our people. the solution is just using the laws in our constitution to punish thieves. why I mentioned OBJ was to show you that a president can ensure thieves get convicted if he/she wants to.

Ur two options are both too dangerous to contemplate. if you do not know, true federalism would lead nigeria to civil war, may be this is ur hidden agenda.

Your view about true federalism leading to break up of Nigeria shows you are a novice on political and economic matters

True federalism means

Empowering the States LGAs and Private Sector to be the vanguard of economic growth, citizenry prosperity and political stability.
Re: How Does GMB Intend To Fight Corruption If Elected ?? by trillville(m): 10:43am On Dec 27, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

You are an economic novice

You want Nigeria to be like US but hope to achieve it through a Soviet system.

Guy wake up

There is nothing wrong in individuals owing oil wells

What is wrong

Is using military/undemocratic powers to allocate oil wells to your tribesmen and friends

Sarduna kicked against Southerners acquiring economic ventures in the North only for the descendants of Sarduna to own oil wells in the South while hailing Sarduna

My friend

Is it right.?

personally, I am as capitalist as any capitalist can be, I just don't believe in doing harm to get ahead of the game.

we have a natural resource all Nigerians should benefit from. since the 60's over 700 billion dollars has been stolen by a few individuals, if this money had been judiciously used, just try to think about the multiplier effect it would have had on the Nigerian economy?

we do not have to copy america to put food on tables of our country men, britain is much more socialist than america yet it provides for its poor. china is totally socialist and is developing rapidly.

is it because we are black? why are we so wicked and greedy? even america has lots of social services for its poor so why can't we move nigeria forward.

GEJ has wasted 6 good years building archaic rail lines instead of building refineries that would have saved us from the current depreciation of our naira. the refineries would have also provided nigeria with cheaper coal tar to build better more reliable roads. plastics for our industries, fertilizers for agriculture.
GEJ promised to do these things but turned around to increase the price of fuel to further add insult to our injury. why should any sane nigerian vote for 4 more years of the last 6 years. only a thief can support GEJ.

by the way, russia is still better than nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndigbo ‘ll Never Suffer Under Buhari’s Administration — Moghalu / Caption: Senate President And The Mace-bearer. / Photos Of Romantic Nigerian Politicians Kissing Their Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.