Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,184 members, 7,842,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

HABA NIGERIANS!! Buhari To Forgive All Treasury Looters (if Elected) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HABA NIGERIANS!! Buhari To Forgive All Treasury Looters (if Elected) (604 Views)

FG To Publish Names Of Treasury Looters / Treasury Looters Should Rot In Jail They Don't Deserve Bail- Falana / Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HABA NIGERIANS!! Buhari To Forgive All Treasury Looters (if Elected) by Amitex(m): 7:37am On Dec 27, 2014
Fellow Nigerians, behold the General Corruption fighter!! He told us that he was coming to fight corruption if elected. but General Buhari WILL NEITHER INVESTIGATE NOR JAIL ALL THOSE WHO HAVE LOOTED OUR TREASURY NOR THOSE CURRENTLY LOOTING"

HABA Nigerians, what is this man serving us Please read except from hos interview with Thisday Newspapers.

Question:So can we deal with security without tackling corruption? When you came to power last time, you were known for your fight against corruption. Today, it’s a different kind of fight. In your party, the APC, there are many people accused of corruption, so how do you first put your house in order and then deal with the hydra-headed issue of corruption?

I think the priority has to be the other way round, we have to put the country in order first. In attempting to put the country in order, it is going to be a terrible situation for whoever wins and I pity whoever succeeds President Jonathan, even if it were to be myself. But this is what we can do; the practical way to tackle corruption is to draw a line, because institutions have been compromised. We cannot go on the way we did in the military in 1983 to fight corruption. This time around, you cannot do it that way because most of the institutions have been compromised. The person you will depend on as the auditor to go and check the CBN, maybe he has got some substantial part of the deal. These are the facts on the ground. So what you do is to persuade them and tell them to help to amend it. You have drawn a line, part of these are in courts and you cannot interfere with the judiciary, no matter how bad you believe the judiciary is. Constitutionally or otherwise, you have to leave the judiciary, you cannot bring better judges and put them on the job over night. It takes generations. So you have to appeal to their conscience and prove to them that you are serious and that cases in the courts that you are interested in them but let the judiciary continue. Cases that have been struck out, the government will move forward but any case that comes up will be handed over to the judiciary. But to say that you are going to investigate, I am afraid that government will not last a quarter because the institutions have been compromised.

Question:So there is no capacity to investigate corruption and what you are proposing is to draw a line going forward?

Yes, to be honest, the capacity is not there because as I said, institutions have been compromised but if you say I am not going to participate in corruption, I am not going to tolerate it from day one, I hope the people will believe it and those that have cases in court have to give way so that people that have not been caught because God help those caught helping themselves then. We can deal with them. But as I said, you cannot go head on as we did under the military.

Question:Essentially to understand you sir, so all these governors who are alleged to be corrupt, all these senators and others, you are drawing the line. Is that amnesty for corruption? Don't you think that you are also being a victim of your past, that something you did successfully, that because you were criticised, you are now afraid to do it again?

No, I am not afraid. If I was afraid the day they attempted to bomb me, I would not have felt like continuing. But I felt I have done nothing wrong other than telling the truth where I find it serious enough to tell the truth. The important thing is that I mentioned it, you don't have the capacity to catch the big thieves right now, you don't have the capacity. You have to do it gradually because, as I said before, all the institutions have been compromised. Do you know that I said it about 18 months ago, I think it was at a book launch where I said in my own area in Nigeria, people hardly go to the police. If they are cheated or something, once they are alive, they say 'God dey' and they continue with life because they cannot afford justice, they cannot get it. Virtually the whole country has reached that stage.

Question:How do you reconcile your party’s position to ensure zero tolerance for corruption with the approach you have decided to adopt on corruption?

[b]No, I said that as far as corruption is concerned I will not tolerate it from the day I take charge of governance. But those cases that are in courts, they will continue but as we move forward, cases that come up will be handed over to the judiciary.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-in-quest-to-secure-nigeria/196454/
Re: HABA NIGERIANS!! Buhari To Forgive All Treasury Looters (if Elected) by kilokeys(m): 7:43am On Dec 27, 2014
hidden message. :

my brethren. thief werin u fit thief now o.. ehen. use small sponsor my campaign.. when i enter we go lock up d matter.. by that time, no thief again o.. u hear?

corruption the best core-option of the Nigerian politician.
Re: HABA NIGERIANS!! Buhari To Forgive All Treasury Looters (if Elected) by Validated: 8:05am On Dec 27, 2014
Waoh! Loot now and ensure you close your case.

I do not think people of Rivers will accept this from Buhari as Amaechi is said to have looted N17Billion to finance Buhari's election

(1) (Reply)

Closed - Billion To Polio Eradication - / Letter To Nigerian Youth / FULL Transcript Of Rev. Ejike Mbaka Message on GEJ administration(Very Lengthy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.