Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC (25785 Views)

"We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha / Fayose To Buhari: Go Ahead And Probe Jonathan, Don't Announce It / Ondo Election May Go Into 'RUN OFF' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by MalcoImX: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2014
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is in a fix about a possible run-off in the presidential election between the two leading candidates, General Muhammadu Buhari and President Goodluck Jonathan.
The 2010 Electoral Act (as amended) stipulates the organisation of a run-off within seven days of a presidential election, if there is no outright winner at the first ballot.

Sources at INEC now say seven days are too short to prepare for a run-off in respect of the presidential or governorship election.

There is already a proposal to amend that section of the Electoral Act at the National Assembly since 2012.
Investigation showed that INEC is in a fix over possible governorship and presidential run-offs, especially between President Goodluck Jonathan (PDP) and Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(APC).

The timetable for the 2015 poll published by the Secretary to INEC, Mrs. Augusta Ogakwu, on January 4, 2014 included a caveat for run-off.

It said: “Note: Run-off election to the Office of President or Governor of a state (if any) will be held within seven days after the announcement of the result of the election in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria(FRN).”
Another key official of INEC said: “The more the process becomes credible, the likelihood of a presidential run-off. But INEC management is in a fix on how to go about the presidential run-off, if it becomes necessary for the nation to go through it in 2015.

“The seven-day gap between when the presidential election will hold and the run-off is not feasible for us to print ballot papers, result sheets and distribute the sensitive election materials nationwide.

“In 2011, we did anticipatory printing of ballot papers for presidential run-off, but some people/groups wrote petitions against INEC. They said we printed run-off
ballot papers ahead because we wanted to rig the elections.

“They also accused INEC of wasting taxpayers’ money on run-off ballot papers when the poll did not hold. Some of our officials were taken to the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID), queried and subjected to unnecessary interrogation.
“With this nasty experience, INEC will not want to print presidential run-off ballot papers in advance again. It has learnt its lessons in a hard way.

“But in 2012, we made a proposal to the National Assembly for the amendment of the seven-day clause in the Electoral Act for more days to prepare for any run-off.

“As I speak with you, the National Assembly is yet to effect the amendment. This kind of lapse can lead to more electoral challenges in 2015.
“And at the end of the day, Nigerians will be blaming INEC. If you ask me now, I will say we have no position yet on how to go about any run-off.”
|

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/inec-cant-cope-jonathan-buhari-go-run-off-2/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by TreQuartista: 8:41am On Dec 27, 2014
What's the meaning of this nonsense.

This law was not made yesterday, neither was the election time-table drafted the penultimate week. Plus you have had years to prepare for this election. Better not bungle this, you incompetent charlatans.

You are to prepare for every eventuality in every election. That's why you get billions in budgetary allocations and foreign aids. Rubbish.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by januzaj(m): 8:44am On Dec 27, 2014
there wont be run off election.....GMB ll win by a wide margin....at least 75% of the total votes
chilling with my vote permit......PVC==Permit for Voting out Clueless......

212 Likes 26 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by holatin(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2014
Run wetin ?

he is competing with clueless and bad Government
so there should nt be any run or ran off

Buhari for president
Buhari for change

149 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by temitemi1(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2014
GEJ till 2019 grin grin grin

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by sufido123: 8:45am On Dec 27, 2014
There will be no run-off. The election will be landslide in favor of GEJ because Buhari is perpetually unelectable according to El Rufai.

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 27, 2014
Run Off?

How? These folks over estimate jonathan

Sai Buhari till 2027

Check out my signature for the installation of your CCTV cameras or click this link
https://www.nairaland.com/2063403/youre-employed-own-business-pics#29235591

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 27, 2014
Run-off kwa...LOL

Bu hari-porter will lose AGAIN..

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Zaikon(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2014
Na so em deh start

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by MalcoImX: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2014
“And at the end of the day, Nigerians will be blaming INEC. If you ask me now, I will say we have no position yet on how to go about any run-off.”
Isn't there a country that has had similar scenario and overcame? Just ask them how they did it.

1 Like

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by PassingShot(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2014
For where? Buhari all the way!

For INEC to even contemplate and expect a run-off is a sign that PDP is GONE! Only the bigoted and gullible ones have failed to see the handwriting on the wall.

PDP be like "shitting on their pants now" because they know they cannot win FAIRLY. And to rig a win, it has to be on a scale never seen in the history of elections anywhere in the world.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2014
sufido123:
There will be no run-off. The election will be landslide in favor of GEJ because Buhari is perpetually unelectable according to El Rufai.
even the same EL rufai is campaigning for him now cos he's seen the light.

45 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 27, 2014
I fear for inec, the pvc matter has made me loose confidence in them

11 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by maestroferddi: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2014
Good concern but there would be no need.

Jonathan will carry the day.

You can put your finger on that...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:58am On Dec 27, 2014
Balderdash!

Buhari Is Winning The Election In The First Ballot! If you are in doubt, go to the streets!

INEC should spare us their rigging plans with Run-Off, and do the needful!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by SeverusSnape(m): 8:59am On Dec 27, 2014
There won't be any run off... A winner will definitely emerge.

3 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 27, 2014
In my precdiction of 2015 elections, I objectively mentioned a possible run off.

This is because APC will surely get more votes than what the CPC got in 2011 but that wont be a enough for the APC to win.

This would create the possibility of a run off.

Yet, if there will be an outright win, it belongs to Jonathan.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Acidosis(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2014
Lol

Run-off or no run-off, the professional tear shedder will cry out water, blood, dog and bamboon come 2015. He is a born loser and a professional, academic and electoral failure.

This terrorist must cry again, he has cried before, and he'll cry again.

If he's so much interested in pighting kworufftion, he should seek the face of Allah, and the face of all those he has directly and indirectly tortured and killed (including Fela, Okadigbo, Awolowo, NYSC; etc.) and then we can grant him a DG post with EFCC.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by maestroferddi: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2014
PassingShot:
For where? Buhari all the way!

For INEC to even contemplate and expect a run-off is a sign that PDP is GONE! Only the bigoted and gullible ones have failed to see the handwriting on the wall.

PDP be like "shitting on the pants now"
When you cannot reason objectively as per a genuine/procedural concern raised by the electoral umpire, then the word to describe your action is: "hallucinatory"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by MalcoImX: 9:03am On Dec 27, 2014
SeverusSnape:
There won't be any run off... A winner will definitely emerge.
Where art thou now, Mr Severus? Why you toning down? So, Mr Buhari now has a 50% chance. Is that not what you're saying?
Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by SeverusSnape(m): 9:07am On Dec 27, 2014
MalcoImX:
Where art thou now, Mr Severus? Why you toning down? So, Mr Buhari now has a 50% chance. Is that not what you're saying?
Nah... That's not what I'm saying, I just believe a winner will emerge in the first ballot, I have someone in mind.

2 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
I fear for inec, the pvc matter has made me loose confidence in them
true talk!

2 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by mazzi: 9:12am On Dec 27, 2014
Who is talking of run off?inec don't worry, oga jona go humble buhari again.moreover,this report is coming tinubus mouthpiece,are the hoping for a run off?mba nao!

10 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by sufido123: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2014
eighTHREAD:
even the same EL rufai is campaigning for him now cos he's seen the light.

El Ruffian is duplicitous. He speaks from both sides of his mouth.

6 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Flets: 9:14am On Dec 27, 2014
Buhari will be mercilessly thrashed this time.

There is no way a renowned terrorist who openely defends bokoharam and condemns Nigerian army will get into a run off election with a working GEJ in Nigeria.

Read!!!!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

7 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by PassingShot(m): 9:14am On Dec 27, 2014
maestroferddi:
When you cannot reason objectively as per a genuine/procedural concern raised by the electoral umpire, then the word to describe your action is: "hallucinatory"

You want to do word play with me? Think twice please!

If not that you just want to be seeing present on this forum, you won't have a problem with my comment.
Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by mazzi: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2014
berem:
true talk!
una don the find excusess abi?these towfemale leaderz of apcheat?thou,am suspecting the genda of that obiageli
Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 27, 2014
noblezone:
In my precdiction of 2015 elections, I objectively mentioned a possible run off.

This is because APC will surely get more votes than what the CPC got in 2011 but that wont be a enough for the APC to win.

what some of you fail to realize is that PDP have been winning all previous presidential elections because there are more than two political parties contesting. This time around,it is just between PDP and APC. If CPC could get 12million votes for Buhari in 2011,you will be very shocked what APC will get this time around and there will be a landslide victory for APC. Do not underestimate the voting power of Nigerians this time around. Nigerians are now wiser!!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by PassingShot(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2014
Acidosis:
Lol

Run-off or no run-off, the professional tear shedder will cry out water, blood, dog and bamboon come 2015. He is a born loser and a professional, academic and electoral failure.

This terrorist must cry again, he has cried before, and he'll cry again.

If he's so much interested in pighting kworufftion, he should seek the face of Allah, and the face of all those he has directly and indirectly tortured and killed (including Fela, Okadigbo, Awolowo, NYSC; etc.) and then we can grant him a DG post with EFCC.

Hatred, bigotry, emotions, lies and ranting are what I see in your post.

Give it up! You've lost it this time.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by MalcoImX: 9:16am On Dec 27, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Nah... That's not what I'm saying, I just believe a winner will emerge in the first ballot, I have someone in mind.
Can I take that to mean Buhari?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by PassingShot(m): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2014
noblezone:

Jonathan cannot win the election. All available facts point to a loss for him.

Be my guest https://www.nairaland.com/2059493/2015-presidential-election-more-objective

3 Likes

Re: We Can't Cope If Jonathan, Buhari Go Into Run-off – INEC by Acidosis(m): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2014
PassingShot:

Hatred, bigotry, emotions, lies and ranting are what I see in your post.

Give it up! You've lost it this time.

You mean I shouldn't hate, and wait till the "dog and bamboon" is soaked in blood?

You mean I should wait till Sharia is declared in Nigeria?

You mean I should fold my hands and allow NPF turn to Sharia police where the pric. ks of inyanriyans would be cut off in public?

You mean I shouldn't hate a man who said "Abacha is not kworrufft"?

Lol

You see me as a hater, but those who curse your presidents are friends, shey?

Your birth is highly questionable, bruv.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC's Abdulrazaq To Repeal Foul Law Granting Pensions To Ex-governors, Deputies / El Rufai Receives Malian President On First Day In Office (Photos) / Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.