Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) (1646 Views)

A Nairalander Before And After (photos) / MVB News:powerful Before & After Photos Of Transgender Men And Women / 17 Yrs Old Female Bodybuilding Champion Get Bullied Online 4 Being Too In Shape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by Wisegeek01(m): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
23-year-old Shelley-Marie Summer was an object
mockery in high school as her classmates would
bully her due to her severe eczema, which had
demeaned her confidence on social platform,
even as her skin clears up in subsequent years.
She grew out of her complexity after her
boyfriend Dean, made her realize how beautiful
she was and encouraged her to contest for the
2014 Miss Black Country beauty pageant, which
she won.
According to Shellie-Marie, her victimization
experience started back in her elementary school
but grew worse when she got into high school,
‘In primary school it wasn’t as bad as you’re only
children, but at high school the bullying got
much worse. People would try and get away from
me like I was contagious.

“We had to wear long-sleeved shirts so during
the summer, I was always going to see the
school nurse to put my eczema cream on and
cool down.”
She added that her small stature and laced skin
made her an easy target for bullies.
She has had the last laugh after winning the
beauty pageant at the regional competition as
well as competing in Miss England.
“It was completely mad. I was sitting on a throne
with this big crown on and my family was staring
at me in amazement. I was extremely happy to
have won it,” she said.

“It feels amazing to show the bullies what I could
achieve, despite all their cruelty”.
Shelley-Marie’s victory has not only improved her
self esteem, but it has also given her a new sense
of direction in life as she aims to become a
motivational speaker.
‘In the future I’d like to go into schools and talk
about bullying and self-esteem. I want to urge
victims to speak up and not suffer in silence like I
did,’ she stated.

Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by killjoy(m): 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
ftc... booking
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by Viktoh(m): 3:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ok
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by motherlode: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
With motivation you become somewhat unstoppable! cheesy keep the ball rolling until you break all records! grin
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by motherlode: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
Viktoh:
Ok
abeg wetin be ok nah! undecided do you mean ok biscuits wink grin

1 Like

Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by motherlode: 3:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
killjoy:
ftc... booking

angry this is illegal ooo

chai, and i no fit talk sey make ogun solder your hands! grin
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by Wisegeek01(m): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
motherlode:

Ok is when u book space
grin
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by killjoy(m): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
motherlode:

angry this is illegal ooo

chai, and i no fit talk sey make ogun solder your hands! grin

is anything illegal in this country?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by Viktoh(m): 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
motherlode:

hunhun...ok sweet grin
motherlode:

hunhun...ok sweet
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by dominique(f): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
Wow!!! That acne is out of this world. But good makeup can do wonders
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by motherlode: 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Viktoh:
hunhun...ok sweet grin hunhun...ok sweet
grin grin grin grin
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by ireneony(f): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
She is actually beautiful..
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by tana4gud(f): 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kai...eczema nor good o
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by kendrick9(m): 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
what happened to her face b4
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
dominique:
Wow!!! That acne is out of this world. But good makeup can do wonders

Eczema is not acne.

@ OP

Primary School?
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by dominique(f): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ilekeh:

Eczema is not acne.

@ OP

Primary School?

But the skin on the face is a but bumpy. Looks more like acne to me.
Re: Girl Bullied For Been Ugly Becomes A Beauty Queen" (see Before And After Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
dominique:

But the skin on the face is a but bumpy. Looks more like acne to me.

It's not acne. People with eczema produce skin cells at a higher rate than those without. The skin grows and become crusty and scaly.

(1) (Reply)

My Sister Is About To Get Married And Am Not Okay With It / Hilarious! You No Fit Vex Like This Person. (picture) / Ngige Must Go. Pensioners Cries Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.