Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:06 PM

APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money (11071 Views)

Missing $20b: Alison-madueke’s Real Crime / HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. / Fashola Accuses FG Of Diverting SURE-P Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by PassingShot(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused the PDP-led Federal Government of trying to suppress the audit report on the missing $20 billion oil money, saying the deadline for the release of the report, which was set by the government itself, has come and gone.

In a statement issued in Ilorin, yesterday, by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the Minister of Finance; Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, had said, at the Financial Times Africa Summit 2014 in London in October, that the report would be ready in November 2014. It quoted the Minister as saying at the Forum on Oct. 6, 2014: ‘’We engaged PwC (PriceWaterHouseCoopers) with the Auditor General of the Federation taking the lead. They asked for 16 weeks to complete the work; they have spent 11 or 12 weeks so far and they will be done in a couple of weeks.”

APC said adding the remaining four weeks for the conclusion of the report, as requested by the auditors, meant that it should have been ready latest Nov. 7, 2014.‘’ It is now over a month since the deadline for the release of the report expired, and the government has simply kept mum on the report, apparently in an effort to sweep the issue under the carpet, as it has done with all other reports of widespread corruption under the present dispensation,” the statement said.‘’

However, Nigerians will not allow this to happen. They will continue to demand that the audit report be made public, in the interest of transparency. We also believe that the Minister of Finance should strive to protect whatever is left of her international reputation by living up to her words that the issue will not be swept under the carpet. It is not only Nigerians but the entire international community who are interested in the outcome of the audit.“

If there is any reason why the report has not been released, the Minister should immediately come out and tell Nigerians. Otherwise, she should release the report today so that Nigerians will know exactly how much of their oil funds is missing and those to be held responsible for the unprecedented heist.’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/apc-accuses-fg-suppressing-audit-report-missing-20b-oil-money/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by MrPearce(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
tom and Jerry ( apc and pdp) grin

8 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
OP you expect the government to release a report that will send them to jail? Oh need I remind you that the Senate has used backyard means to turn itself into audit firm by giving the nnpc and the fg a clean bill of health? Hahaha bros, we are on a long thing with pdp

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by omenka(m): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Indeed, these are the "issues" that need to be discussed and not some mombo jombo about "islamizing" Nigeria, or "agenda to divide Nigeria". PDP knows it would be suicidal to dwell on issues of this nature which are indeed pressing issues whose outcome Nigerians long to know.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by gists: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
OP you expect the government to release a report that will send them to jail? Oh need I remind you that the Senate has used backyard means to turn itself into audit firm by giving the nnpc and the fg a clean bill of health? Hahaha bros, we are on a long thing with pdp

@ the bolded
The legendary FELA lives on with the ever true statement "Government MAgic" grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by minister2015: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
The report will never come out. anyway another 30billon dollars has gone missing again says oshiomhole. This is main reason why America has stopped buying oil from Nigeria & not because of anti gay law as some PDP e-warriors want us 2 believe. Saudi arabia & kuwait whom USA still patronize n even increase its imports from don't support gayism.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by PassingShot(m): 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
Are we even cursed in this country called Nigeria? Billions upon billions of dollars disappearing almost on weekly basis and we seem to be cool with it!

There was a country indeed.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by anonimi: 1:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:

Na why you dey fall person hand with this your post that is devoid of any iota of sense whatsoever

The same government will send itself to its [government] own jail, chai shocked

Why don't you share with us the input of the almost 50 Association of Pretending Crooks, APC senators to the debate 'to turn itself into audit firm by giving the NNPC and the FG [Executive arm] a clean bill of health'
Thanks in advance smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
Is that all you can say?
anonimi:

Na why you dey fall person hand with this your post that is devoid of any iota of sense whatsoever

Why don't you share with us the input of the almost 50 Association of Pretending Crooks, APC senators to the debate 'to turn itself into audit firm by giving the NNPC and the FG [Executive arm] a clean bill of health'
Thanks in advance smiley

24 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by mayorall(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
Bring back our money.cheesy

4 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by anonimi: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
Is that all you can say?

Please let me know when you have posted the input of the APC senators to the debate you said took place.

I am assuming you are not a bloody LIAR and unrelenting HYPOCRITE as other internet warriors, or are you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by politricks: 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
The money has been used for jonathan re-election bid or where did you think the 21.27 billion naira donated for him came from.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by PassingShot(m): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
anonimi:

Thanks in advance smiley

How does this make any sense? So you're ok with suppressing the report or what exactly is your point?

Must everything be viewed with partisanship? I want to believe you can do better than this.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Ngwakwe: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
It is the National Assembly that needs to release a comprehensive report on the said scandal and not the Executive.

Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, Sen. David Mark and NASS owe Nigerians that duty and we are still expecting their report as part of their oversight functions.

The Executive is not expected to present an unbiased report in a scandal involving an agency under it hence the call by Lai Mohammed shows the depth of his mental capacity and bias.

There are three branches of government in a democracy and they are responsible for checking the excesses of each other.

Quoting the words of Senator Bukola Saraki on the $20 billion scandal "Let's allow the Senate to finish their job to avoid what happened to Nuhu Ribadu's committee report from repeating itself" end of quote.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
In order to ensure that this government is kicked out, I have, beyond the internet campaign against it, started explaining its lapses like this to the not-so-educated in my environment.

24 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by PassingShot(m): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ngwakwe:
It is the National Assembly that needs to release a comprehensive report on the said scandal and not the Executive.

Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, Sen. David Mark and NASS owe Nigerians that duty and we are still expecting their report as part of their oversight functions.

The Executive is not expected to present an unbiased report in a scandal involving an agency under it hence the call by Lai Mohammed shows the depth of his mental capacity and bias.

There are three branches of government in a democracy and they are responsible for checking the excesses of each other.

Quoting the words of Senator Bukola Saraki on the $20 billion scandal "Let's allow the Senate to finish their job to avoid what happened to Nuhu Ribadu's committee report from repeating itself" end of quote.

Whatever your view is, shouldn't this be on the front page? The only opposition party has madea a weighty accusation against the ruling party but you prefer not to bring it to the attention of fellow forumites just because it's not a good news to your ears?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Ngwakwe: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

Whatever your view is, shouldn't this be on the front page? The only opposition party has madea a weighty accusation against the ruling party but you prefer not to bring it to the attention of fellow forumites just because it's not a good news to your ears?

What is weighty about making democracy a one man show.

Judiciary delivers judgement - they blame GEJ

NASS refuses to pass structural and institution building legislation including the PIB - they blame GEJ.

What do we pay our Lawmakers for, if they can't perform their constitutional oversight function?

Least I forget, what is Lai Mohammed and the opposition saying on the news that their "paper intellectuals" in the HOR hired a machinery to write a query (they can't explain) to our seasoned Finance minister?

We all know the creation and funding of NDDC was conceived and passed by the 4th Republic NASS who went further by setting aside President's veto (got 2/3 majority in both chambers) to give the people of Niger Delta a sense of belonging.

When the people in the know including the opposition party start shifting every blame and responsibility to the Executive for the purpose of achieving political goals, then the country is doomed.

NB: I am not responsible for Frontpage administration, pm the supermods

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Ayo7(m): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
@Ngwakwe...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Ngwakwe: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ayo7:
@Ngwakwe...
Your reasoning and response to issues on this forum is more than pathetic. I hope you have travelled or better still lived in a country with sane leadership, maybe you can be more objective in your analysis. I want a better Nigeria comparable to what obtains elsewhere...well I don't know about you....

You are the one blinded by absolute antagonism.

The administration of Goodluck Jonathan signed the Freedom of information bill into law for this purpose. The least the opposition would've done is to test the sincerity of FG and the efficacy of the law by invoking the FOI instead of this kindergartens rabble rousing.

My argument is that the report of the NASS would be more credible than anything coming from the Executive and moreover the senate committee on finance through Sen Bukola Saraki pleaded for patience to enable them deliver a comprehensive report.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by pendy79: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
can the scared and truth fearing MOD tell me the justification for hiding my post on this thread? in what way did the post broke any rule?
Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Ayo7(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You are the one blinded by absolute antagonism.

The administration of Goodluck Jonathan signed the Freedom of information bill into law for this purpose. The lest the opposition would've done is to test the sincerity of FG and the efficacy of the law by invoking the FOI instead of this kindergartens rabble rousing.

7 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by bamidele029: 9:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
In order to ensure that this government is kicked out, I have, beyond the internet campaign against it, started explaining its lapses like this to the not-so-educated in my environment.

That us the right move, we need to educate the masses about the lapses in this government so we can collectively fight for our rights
Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by SaiBuharii: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
V
Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Maczeelly(m): 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ok

CHANGE!!!

2 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by SaiBuharii: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
The money is gone. It's part of it they hv used to fund Jibathans return.
Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by Akbee(m): 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
I'm not really a big fan of APC.however,i really support what its members are doing to promote accountability in the PDP led- government..
nevertheless,apc is no difference from its opponent cos its made up of those who were ditched into the waste basket of pdp..they are no good..
pdp be thief but APC na armed robber..

2 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by jbaby265(f): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
politicians talking trash n seeking attention since i was born...mtcheewwwwe
Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by JaypeeAnics(m): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mcheeeeewwww.….I'm tired of 9ja politicians... Here in Pakistan we bomb dem all....its called bombliticians...

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by slimaliyu(m): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
What more can i say!
After oga at the top said stealing is not corruption

4 Likes

Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by JaypeeAnics(m): 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Abegy d news is not 4me...I jst wanna make d front page.
Re: APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money by sewa36447(m): 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Is APC mission only to attack FG and PDP or just to win and make a change?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon / Photos From Governor Amosun's 60th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.