Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

A Friend Wants To Ruin My Life! Please Advice... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Friend Wants To Ruin My Life! Please Advice... (911 Views)

What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. / Please Help Mtn Wants To Ruin Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Wants To Ruin My Life! Please Advice... by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
Sorry that my story is long, I just want you guys to have a full understanding of what I am going through...

I have been friends with this dude for very long time now (say 20 yrs ago) but we have been on and off (due to distance and other factors). Of recent I met him at shoprite (3 yrs ago) and we started off from there again, I brought him to my house, introduced him to my wife and kids, I took him like a found brother, I was happy and we shared our childhood experiences again. Life is wonderful...

So I thought...

I let him in on what I was into, I am a chartered accountant and I work with an engineering coy, my salary is not much but I 'jama jama' everything, in other words, I am a successful hustler. I have a host of friends in usa who sends down cars and other stuffs for me to sell for them here in naija, I have maintained integrity with them and often send huge profit to them. This made me more popular with them that they send large number of cars that I had no other choice than to open a car company...

He was interested

My friend unfortunately holds no integrity and he nearly ruined the relationship I had with my clients (since I was the one who introduced him to them). He would sell off their cars at a certain profit and send back their exact cost of capital. He quickly became 'left behind'.

Fast forward

He came to meet me for help last month, he said he needed 600k to add to his own money in order to send to a business man in india who wants to supply him some certain goods. I had been saving my hard earned money to go spend the xmas in the usa with my family and I intimated him weeks before, so I guess he must have thought of me giving him the money instead for his business, I declined.

When it was getting close to xmas a friend wanted to sell his toyota sequoia (limited edition) at a give away price, I was hoodwinked, I had to let go of spending the xmas in the us and I went for the sequoia, I celebrated it (the car) with a host of friends, and that particular childhood friend was there...

He later on asked me the amount I got the toyota, I told him 1.6m, naturally, I expected him to be angry with me not giving him the money he wanted (and he was) I told him I did not want to miss the offer, and that if i even see a buyer offering 2 or 2.2m, I would dish it out immediately (that was how trouble started).
I received a call from my friend the next day that I should bring my suv, I did and I discovered that (somehow) he had seen a buyer for the sequoia (at 2.2m). The customer was even my former client whom I introduced to my friend. The client (knowing and trusting me) wrote out his cheque and gave it to me, I felt like a cornered rat (because I knew where my friend was going, he would have the 600k profit he had asked earlier and I would be back with my 1.6m, and no car), I had purposely shattered the holidaying in the us just because of this car and now am gonna let it go for free? Hell no!

I returned the cheque and explained to the alhaji to gimme some time that me and my family has an xmas trip and we intend to take it with us, and that I would sell it later (I was as subtle as ever), my friend was looking at me as if I deserved to die. I was glad I took that decision, I was happy.

My friend was so angry with me, he sabotaged my business operation with my clients. He called them and told them I was a dirty dealer, and that I was a crook. Because of my integrity, these clients normally call me and tell me, I laughed it off...

He had a girl call my wife to tell her that she has a baby for me and that I had not been performing my duties to her. You can imagine how dumb struck I was when my wife told me, thank God for the love and trust we have for each other (it shook the marriage but we standa gidigba after she learnt the truth,her friend called the number and got the truth)

He went to the company I am working with and told them I was doing business in the company's name for my personal gain, I was called to be investigated and my company discovered I had a car company and they had to sack me.
I did not feel bad because I wanted to leave anyways...
Police suddenly came to my house to request that I meet them at the station. My offense? Rumour had it that I sponsor touts to vandalize the area, fortunately the dpo is my good friend, and he told me who came to complain (with a whooping 20k) guess who? My friend...

My wife is scared to bits as she feels we are no longer safe and that we should move...

I traveled to report to his dad. (4 days ago), I had to threaten the old man though, said I was going to sue his son for slander, threat to life and property and defamation of character. The old man cried and begged me, I see him as my father, I was weak.

I went to confront the foool with some of our friends and my mouth was left ajar when he started ranting, he said I haven't seen anything yet, that he was gonna deal with me so much, I would regret I met him, all because I decided to use my own hard earned money to buy my family comfort and not give him loan.

Nairalanders, what do I do to this fool because my wife is terrified about this, she said she is taking the kids with her to her dad's place. I am tired. Please advise me...
Re: A Friend Wants To Ruin My Life! Please Advice... by tungstar(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
itz à good thing that you have gained the trust of ur business associates, family and some other friends... but it doesn't end there.........not to sound too religious but have u tried prayers?...I definitely know it sure helps.
Re: A Friend Wants To Ruin My Life! Please Advice... by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
luv2luvya:
Sorry that my story is long, I just want you guys to have a full understanding of what I am going through...

I have been friends with this dude for very long time now (say 20 yrs ago) but we have been on and off (due to distance and other factors). Of recent I met him at shoprite (3 yrs ago) and we started off from there again, I brought him to my house, introduced him to my wife and kids, I took him like a found brother, I was happy and we shared our childhood experiences again. Life is wonderful...

So I thought...

I let him in on what I was into, I am a chartered accountant and I work with an engineering coy, my salary is not much but I 'jama jama' everything, in other words, I am a successful hustler. I have a host of friends in usa who sends down cars and other stuffs for me to sell for them here in naija, I have maintained integrity with them and often send huge profit to them. This made me more popular with them that they send large number of cars that I had no other choice than to open a car company...

He was interested

My friend unfortunately holds no integrity and he nearly ruined the relationship I had with my clients (since I was the one who introduced him to them). He would sell off their cars at a certain profit and send back their exact cost of capital. He quickly became 'left behind'.

Fast forward

He came to meet me for help last month, he said he needed 600k to add to his own money in order to send to a business man in india who wants to supply him some certain goods. I had been saving my hard earned money to go spend the xmas in the usa with my family and I intimated him weeks before, so I guess he must have thought of me giving him the money instead for his business, I declined.

When it was getting close to xmas a friend wanted to sell his toyota sequoia (limited edition) at a give away price, I was hoodwinked, I had to let go of spending the xmas in the us and I went for the sequoia, I celebrated it (the car) with a host of friends, and that particular childhood friend was there...

He later on asked me the amount I got the toyota, I told him 1.6m, naturally, I expected him to be angry with me not giving him the money he wanted (and he was) I told him I did not want to miss the offer, and that if i even see a buyer offering 2 or 2.2m, I would dish it out immediately (that was how trouble started).
I received a call from my friend the next day that I should bring my suv, I did and I discovered that (somehow) he had seen a buyer for the sequoia (at 2.2m). The customer was even my former client whom I introduced to my friend. The client (knowing and trusting me) wrote out his cheque and gave it to me, I felt like a cornered rat (because I knew where my friend was going, he would have the 600k profit he had asked earlier and I would be back with my 1.6m, and no car), I had purposely shattered the holidaying in the us just because of this car and now am gonna let it go for free? Hell no!

I returned the cheque and explained to the alhaji to gimme some time that me and my family has an xmas trip and we intend to take it with us, and that I would sell it later (I was as subtle as ever), my friend was looking at me as if I deserved to die. I was glad I took that decision, I was happy.

My friend was so angry with me, he sabotaged my business operation with my clients. He called them and told them I was a dirty dealer, and that I was a crook. Because of my integrity, these clients normally call me and tell me, I laughed it off...

He had a girl call my wife to tell her that she has a baby for me and that I had not been performing my duties to her. You can imagine how dumb struck I was when my wife told me, thank God for the love and trust we have for each other (it shook the marriage but we standa gidigba after she learnt the truth,her friend called the number and got the truth)

He went to the company I am working with and told them I was doing business in the company's name for my personal gain, I was called to be investigated and my company discovered I had a car company and they had to sack me.
I did not feel bad because I wanted to leave anyways...
Police suddenly came to my house to request that I meet them at the station. My offense? Rumour had it that I sponsor touts to vandalize the area, fortunately the dpo is my good friend, and he told me who came to complain (with a whooping 20k) guess who? My friend...

My wife is scared to bits as she feels we are no longer safe and that we should move...

I traveled to report to his dad. (4 days ago), I had to threaten the old man though, said I was going to sue his son for slander, threat to life and property and defamation of character. The old man cried and begged me, I see him as my father, I was weak.

I went to confront the foool with some of our friends and my mouth was left ajar when he started ranting, he said I haven't seen anything yet, that he was gonna deal with me so much, I would regret I met him, all because I decided to use my own hard earned money to buy my family comfort and not give him loan.

Nairalanders, what do I do to this fool because my wife is terrified about this, she said she is taking the kids with her to her dad's place. I am tired. Please advise me...

I don't know what you possibly can do but its obvious you must do something else he might do something you won't easily recover from it
Re: A Friend Wants To Ruin My Life! Please Advice... by yomi007k(m): 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
Dude play d fucking game HARD.
Involve ur lawyer n sue him for everything u told his dad. Let d law n police know that if anything happens to u or ur family, he is d number 1 suspect n let ur friends be ur witness. *Never make empty threats*
If na yankee u dey, I for say get ur own gun but all d same be ready for anything- baseball bats, knives and cutlass wud come in handy.
If u have friends in d military, dis is d time to strengthen dat bond.

(1) (Reply)

Jealous Husband Beats Wife For Greeting Pastor / Why Is Nairaland Now A Shadow Of _? / Have You Ever Seen An Obituary Poster Of An Albino Or Seen Any Of Them Died.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.