Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Help A Confused Girl!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help A Confused Girl!!! (894 Views)

Please Help Advice A Confused And Frustrated Uni Aspirant. / Confused About My Masters Program / Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Confused Girl!!! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
Some people say their is nothing that gives one joy like following your mind at times one have to overlook what people think and do what gives one fulfilment.Writing has always been my dream I want to be a writer but since there is no course like that I picked journalism something related to it.it hurts my parents have decided to force law down my throat and hates mass comm have been sternly warned if I do mass comm I would finance myself having no source of income I have to sadly comply.I was monitored to pick law in jamb I still promise to secretly change it am thinking of lecturing.I dare not pick mass comm it will be too fake I now want to opt for English and literary studies and lie that's what I was given.I can now later go to school of journalism.my question is since I want to be a lecturer should I go for education and English or English and literary studiesI don't know what it entails will education and English give me the chance to teach and also make my certificate still equivalent to an English graduate that is being able to apply where an English graduate can apply apart from teaching or I should take law as my first degree since its professional and diverse to literature during my masters...pls I really need your candid advice...thanks in anticipation
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by benny4wax(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
i dey come
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by JOETYNO: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
Law in Nigeria now is no longer what it used to be back in the days, its simply Over hyped.

my dear follow ur dream jare and go for either ur Journalism related studies or English and Lit. Studies due for its vast employment oppurtunities.

To be a lecturer no easy o unless U gat a popular Surname, or maybe U wanna be a secondary school teacher.

Its Ur Call, answer it wisely to avoid regretting ur years in School. Peace unto U
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
what does popular surname has to do with lecturing??if I take English and literary studies is it equivalent to English and education which one is preferable and why??
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by ZACHIE: 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
Fix your English first before anything else.
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by Emmanuson: 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
I was once in your shoe my dad want me to study medcine but i pefer law to it. I just have to pleased him am now studying biochemi in university just try and convince him and if he refused then follow is opinion.
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by Natasha2(f): 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
kweendyvaar, trust me the last thing you want to do is trap yourself in something you don't want. Law is not an easy course, even people who study law willingly still face difficulties, what more a person who was forced to go in that direction?

Can you honestly cope if given law?
There are so many frustrated students in different departments, some people don't realize they have been on the wrong lane till final year after much struggle. Would you want that?

Are your parents also interested in you practicing law, or is something they just want you to study?

If you search your heart and you honestly know it won't be an easy ride then rule that out.

As for the other question, I prefer English and Literary studies, don't know much about it but I think its better "I may be wrong" since you're interested in writing.

1 Like

Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by eppysold(m): 12:30am On Dec 29, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by Supremor(m): 3:55am On Dec 29, 2014
I'll prefer English nd Literary studies over English Education which is quite limiting. But it's very important u follow ur heart as ur choice of course can have telling effects on u in school; this is something a lot of students have been left to deal with, even bright students struggle to cope when being made to study courses they do not have interest in studying
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by Emmanuson: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2014
When any student is comply to study any course against is wish he just have to forget about the other course which he/she pefer and developed 'i can do it spirit" and stick to it he is going to excel in it. When any student is comply to study any course against is wish he just have to forget about the other course which he/she pefer and developed 'i can do it spirit" and stick to it he is going to excel in it. When any student is comply to study any course against is wish he just have to forget about the other course which he/she pefer and developed 'i can do it spirit" and stick to it he is going to excel in it.
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2014
thanks Natasha others for your candid advice.I will follow my heart

uh
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by Ubijus1(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2014
Hello kween,

If u really wish to be a writer, then, English and literary studies would be your surest bet.
You need to understand that a career in the education field holds a much more limited opportunity.
Similarly, lecturing is an every-field work. What I mean is that one can become a lecturer in Nigeria despite his course of study.
It inta alia means that you can become both a writer and a lecturer if you study English and literary studies.

Make a prudent choice dear so u won't regret afterwards.
Re: Help A Confused Girl!!! by Natasha2(f): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2014
kweendyvaar:
thanks Natasha others for your candid advice.I will follow my heart
uh
You're welcome dear.

(1) (Reply)

BACK IN PRIMARY/SECONDARY School!!!!!how Many Of You Play This Game / Project Topics And Materials In Management / (LAUTECH) 2015/2016 Diploma/ Direct-entry & PGD Form Is Still On. (0 8146470619)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.