Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates (43039 Views)

Final Result For Abia State Governorship Election. INEC DECLARE PDP WINNER / INEC Releases Presidential Results From 10 LGs In Ogun State / Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Sirniyeh(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
2015 Elections: INEC releases List of Presidential Candidates

By Olaotan Fawehinmi
Sun Dec 28 2014

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Saturday released the list of the presidential candidates to run in the 2015 elections.

They are:
President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),

General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC),

Prof. Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya of Kowa Party,

Ambrose Albert of Hope Democratic Party,

Ganiyu Galadima of Allied Congress Party of Nigeria,

Rafiu Salau of Alliance for Democracy,

Godson Okoye of United Democratic Party,

Dr. Nani Ibrahim Ahmad of African Democratic Congress,

Martin Onovo of National Conscience Party,

Tunde Anifowoshe-Kelani of Action Alliance, and

Chekwas Okorie of United Progressive Party.

Their corresponding running mates are:

The Incumbent Vice-President, Namadi Sambo (PDP),
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (APC),
Saidu Bobboi (Kowa Party)
Haruna Shaba (Hope Democratic Party),
Balarabe Ahmed (ACPN),
Prof. Clinton Cliff Akuchie (AD),
Haruna Adamu (United Democratic Party),
Obianuju Murphy-Uzohue (African Democratic Congress
Ibrahim Mohammed(NCP),
Comrade Paul Ishaka Ofomile (Action Alliance), and
Bello Umar( United Progressive Party).

INEC's deadline for the submission of names was December 25 and the commision provided this list in line with the provisions of the Electoral Act; saying the grounds for qualification are as specified in Sections 65′ 106, 131 and 177 of the 1999 Constitution.

The Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Mr. Kayode Robert Idowu, said: “We have complied with the law; we have published the list of all the presidential candidates in all the states of the Federation. For other elective offices, the lists will be published in their constituencies and senatorial districts as applicable.”

The electoral agency said Nigerians are free to screen the particulars and raise issues if they think any candidate should be disqualified.

INEC said: “The personal particulars are displayed in all the state and local government offices of the commission in the constituencies of the candidates.

“Any person who has reasonable grounds to believe that any information given by any candidate is false or that the candidate is not qualified or is disqualified from contesting the elections should notify the commission in writing within seven days of this publication.”

Eleven conditions under which any of the presidential candidates or other candidates can be disqualified are:

”While a person is disqualified if he or she
(i) has declared allegiance to another country;

(ii) has been elected to the office of President or Governor at any two previous elections;

(iii) adjudged to be a lunatic or declared to be of unsound mind;

(iv) is under a sentence of death or is under a sentence of imprisonment or fine for an offence involving dishonesty or fraud

(v) has in the last 10 years been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty

(vi) has been found guilty of a contravention of the code of conduct;

(vii) is an undischarged bankrupt;

(viii) is employed in the public service and does not resign, withdraw or retire at least 30 days to the election;

(ix) is a member of a secret society;

(x) has been indicted for embezzlement or fraud by a Judicial Committee of Inquiry or an Administrative Panel of Inquiry or a Tribunal and which indictment has been accepted by the Federal or State Government;

(xi) has presented a forged certificate to INEC”
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-presidential-poll-jonathan-buhari-get-nine-rivals/

www.ghemedia.com/politics/2014/12/2015-Elections-INEC-releases-List-of-Presidential-/

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by orlaryhincah(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
So well, I see only APC/PDP.
#BuhariOsibanjo2015

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by briantext(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
Life's too short to read long passages jare

5 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
I wish Chekwas Okorie the best!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by drizzydrag(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
We all seek for changes in this nation buh yet we seems not to see other parties apart from PDP & APC when we look at the list... The question is, are others not human being or they are not just worth considering because of their lack of fame?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
Buhari all d way .

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Avedon: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
I still can't understand why some people will deliberately chooses to waste their resources and time.

I sure some of the
so called presidential candidates will not win a single polling unit.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Sylvarresta(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
Abeg we only have two contestants jawe, Buhari and the rest

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by rayopt(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
No need readin d long list. . .
We all know the battle is between POWER and CHANGE
And wat every nigerian want ryt now is CHANGE

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by donphilopus: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
All I see is Buhari, Buhari, Buhari. Buhari has become an earthquake. APGA Governorship Candidate said without Buhari, he can't print his posters. PDP will get the shocker of their life when they see Buhari/Maku in a Campaign Poster together! tongue

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
Eleven conditions under which any of the presidential
candidates or other candidates can be disqualified are:”
While a person is disqualified if he or she

Okay! INEC, Then jonathan stands disqualified on the following grounds:

(ix) is a member of a secret society; jonathan is a confirmed member of Witches and Wizard Association

(iii) adjudged to be a lunatic or declared to be of unsound mind; jonathan is clueless, therefore is of unsound mind!

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Morkavictor: 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
GEJ till 2019

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
So all these people dey contest and nobody knw them. Them no serious at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

(ix) is a member of a secret society; jonathan is a confirmed member of Witches and Wizard Association

(iii) adjudged to be a lunatic or declared to be of unsound mind; jonathan is clueless, therefore is of unsound mind!

what's this one saying??
Hausa gurl leave jona alone, why being obsessed.
na him imposed himself on Nigeria?

Gej may you live long...
Gej till 2019.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Sirniyeh(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Haaaa haaaa. You wicked too much

11 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by emedy(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Damn it... I can't see my Favorite Comic Candidate on that List eh...

Fresh Party...Pastor Chris Oketie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by EdCure: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
APC all the way!

12 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Generalkorex(m): 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
I wish the best candidate should emerge as winner.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Chigold101(m): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
I wish Godson Okoye all the best... A ministerial post will be enough for now... Until 2019
Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by HzRF(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

11 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by oziegbe2015: 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
On Buhari we stand. I have my PERMIT TO VOTE OUT CLUELESSNES (PVC) ready to go. Time to reset the destiny of nigeria for the generations unborn

22 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Haywhymido(m): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
okiezman:
Gej till 2019

Buhari is a satan

Tinubu is an owl

Osibanjo is a thief like tinubu that why they mingle together. If he's a pastor then light and darkness has nothing in comon cos tinubu and buhari is darkness themselves
diaris Godu ooo. Aba tinubu n buhari is darkness demselves.Paid TAN agents saying/writing nonsense since Apc emerge

12 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by eightsin(m): 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2014
Yet to get my PVC.. hopefully, I'd get it tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
Who to vote I do not know for now, but GEJ is no go area, my great grandfathers will hunt me if I vote for GEJ and that is voting away the future of the upcoming generation.

38 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by BlackSEER(m): 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
The crying General will cry again together with his blood sucking supporters.APC MUST DIE

7 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by okiezman(m): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
Haywhymido:
diaris Godu ooo. Aba tinubu n buhari is darkness demselves.Paid TAN agents saying/writing nonsense since Apc emerge

undecided undecided undecided undecided whose this fugitive?

1 Like

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Haywhymido(m): 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
okiezman:

undecided undecided undecided undecided whose this fugitive?
guy ur case be like water wey don pass garri

1 Like

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
Apart from APC and PDP, all other parties are just coming out to show face,,
Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by Urine: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Avedon:
I still can't understand why some people will deliberately chooses to waste their resources and time.

I sure some of so called presidential candidates will not win a single polling unit.

On the contrary bro, they make good money, INEC gives them money.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates by oathman(m): 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
i thought they re just two oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Deploys Ground Forces Against Boko Haram / Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele / Why Nigeria’s Refineries Will Never Work – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.