Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? (6138 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Are You Supposed To Go Through Your Spouse's Phone Messages? / Would You Spy On Your Spouse's Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
I was going through the news feed on Facebook yesterday when I saw a post where a guy was seeking advice on how to tell his wife to stop using his phone without hurting her feelings.

I simply replied him "Oga she is your wife and your phone is her phone.".

I was shocked this evening when I checked Facebook again and saw the number of replies my comment has gathered. Here is some of them.

1: From a Guy: Says who, why will she be going through his phone, when you marry allow your wife do dat. It is a No No for me.

2: From a lady: A normal matured woman shouldn't touch her husband's phone else she wants to die before her time she should engage her self in other things abeg.

3 From a Lady: It's a mobile phone and that automatically makes it a personal thing so therefore wife has no right to go through his phone and more so it's advisable for her to look away and stay healthy in her matrimonial home......

What Do You Think? Is Checking Your Partner's Phone That Bad?
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Depends on the marriage
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
bukatyne:
Depends on the marriage
I think such marriage is half-dead.

2 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by chibwike(m): 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nothing wrong...since they both have nothing to hide

3 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
Depends on what exactly you are checking the phone for. undecided
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
No it isn't. undecided

I think a greater marriage, is a transparent one.

2 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Beesluv: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
No
It depends on the existing r/ship btw the couple
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Dyt(f): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
I have no issues with u checking my phone
But pls don't question me when u see admirers msgs
Na u know wetin u find go my phone
U only see what u ask of

And yes if I go thru ur phone too, my loss/gain

1 Like

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
MzNelly:
Depends on what exactly you are checking the phone for. undecided
What are the things she is not supposed to check?

1 Like

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2014
Dyt:
I have no issues with u checking my phone
But pls don't question me when u see admirers msgs
Na u know wetin u find go my phone
U only see what u ask of

And yes if I go thru ur phone too, my loss/gain

We talking about married people.

BTW the problem is not what your admirers sent to you, Your response to them is what may get him angry.

2 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2014
Check my phone at your own risk
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
not advisable, wht you don't know will never hurt you.
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
brito:
Check my phone at your own risk
He should get a shock absorber shey?

But a married woman/man shouldn't be keeping such in her phone.

2 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
I think such marriage is half-dead.

What I have learnt on NL and further interactions is that people's definition of what a marriage should be is so diverse.

It is extremely important that singles get someone with same mindset..

4 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
He should get a shock absorber shey?

But a married woman/man shouldn't be keeping such in her phone.

Its a mobile phone so stay off, I delete my msgs sha, I dey avoid problem. my phone was once destroyed cause of a msg.
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
What are the things she is not supposed to check?

The messages.
That's the height of insecurity.
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
Sometimes,even in marriage,somethings should remain personal.

What the eye doesn't see,the mind doesn't bother about.

2 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by edwife(f): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
It is only when you are hiding something that you will be scared when your spouse goes through your phone... undecided

Clear Conscience Never Fears Midnight Knocking... smiley

7 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by TrishaP(f): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
Don't go snooping else you just might get what you won't like. Avoidance is the just best, I think that's all I can say.
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
MzNelly:

The messages.
That's the height of insecurity.
What are in the messages if I may ask.
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
brito:

Its a mobile phone so stay off, I delete my msgs sha, I dey avoid problem. my phone was once destroyed cause of a msg.
Those minor texts could cause great problems if we are not careful with them.
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Dyt(f): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
We talking about married people.

BTW the problem is not what your admirers sent to you, Your response to them is what may get him angry.

And who says married women don't have admirers? grin grin grin

Infact I have more admirers than some single ladies

1 Like

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
Those minor texts could cause great problems if we are not careful with them.

I don't keep msgs on my whatsapp o, if I want to sleep I off my data connection, Lolz
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by kemiola89(f): 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
Like someone stated earlier it depends on your reasons for using your partner's phone, if it is just to make calls or browse then I have no problem with that.

Going through your partner's phone just to check their activities is not ideal for a healthy relationship.

1 Like

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
E depend on d type of spouse wey them be. If them faithful, e no wrong. Bt if they are not,...
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
What are in the messages if I may ask.

If you have to sit down and start surfing through your spouse's phone, it's just too obvious you're sorting through it to confirm you have no rival. undecided

Abi wetin you dey find inside im message?
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Hazardd(m): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
there is nothing wrong with it
after all they are one flesh and body.

But if i see her searching my phone without any important reason eeh.war don start be that lol
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
brito:

I don't keep msgs on my whatsapp o, if I want to sleep I off my data connection, Lolz
The messages are no problem, but your response.
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
We have FREE access to each other's phone.

5 Likes

Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
MzNelly:

If you have to sit down and start surfing through your spouse's phone, it's just too obvious you're sorting through it to confirm you have no rival. undecided

Abi wetin you dey find inside im message?
Maybe they once gave you reason to suspect them. BTW the topic here isn't checking your partner's message.
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
Dyt:

And who says married women don't have admirers? grin grin grin

Infact I have more admirers than some single ladies
lols..... How do you handle them
Re: Is Checking Your Spouse's Phone Wrong? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
Maybe they once gave you reason to suspect them. BTW the topic here isn't checking your partner's message.

Yes, you're taking it to a whole new dimension.

You're advocating for checking your spouse's phone if he/she acts suspiciously.
Okay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. / Mother And Daughter Don Matching Outfits For A Stunning Maternity Shoot / Unity Secondary School (usi-ekiti) Pictures Included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.