Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,612 members, 7,958,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu (1428 Views)

Woman, 48, delivers a set of twins after 20 years of marriage (Pictured) / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / 14 Years After, I Saw The Man That Molested Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by WinsomeX: 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
20 Years After the Death of John and Andy Angulu

John Angulu was my classmate in Primary Five at the ABU Staff School, Zaria. He was intelligent, full of life and loved to play basketball. I was not particularly close to him but we had some acquittance. John passed the common entrance and went on to the Nigerian Military School, Zaria, for his secondary school education. I did primary six, so he became a class ahead of me. He would eventually get admitted to read Chemical Engineering while I joined him a year later in Engineering School. We met mostly at the basket ball court at the University.

One day, John joined his father's driver, Prof Angulu of ABU Zaria, to go pick up his younger brother at a boarding school some four hours away from Zaria, somewhere in Niger State. While returning, they had a ghastly motor accident. Report has it that John and the driver may have died immediately but Andy was most likely suffocated to death as a result of fumes coming from the car. It is said that after waiting hours for their return, their father, Prof Angulu, drove out to get his sons. He was the one to locate the scene of the accident and remove the corpse of his sons.

They were his only sons as he had only two other older daughters. John and Andy were buried with hundreds of us students attending their funeral. That incident remains one single tragedy of life I have ever witnessed and not forgotten. I was registering in school then, so the incident must have occurred in Sept/Oct 1994.

I do not know what became of their parent or siblings. Quite naturally they would have been broken hearted. I really do hope that they got their lives together and surged above the tragedy.

You reading this story, did you hear of the Angulus? Do you know them? Have you experienced or heard of any such tragedy? How did you overcome it? I trust we can have a rich discuss on this thread on it.
Re: 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by Greyworld: 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ts indeed painful, I pity deir moda d most.
Re: 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by holatin(m): 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
hmmnnnmmm
Re: 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by Einsthawkton(m): 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
Such is life. R.I.P to the deceased
Re: 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by ryom(m): 12:30am On Dec 29, 2014
I remember. .. Painful.
Re: 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 29, 2014
@ Op I know one steven Angulu,we were class mates in Command Children School,Bonny camp,lagos. We all wrote d NMS Zaria, exam in d early 90s
Re: 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by WinsomeX: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2014
ryom:
I remember. .. Painful.

Did you know John and Andy?

I actually produced the thread with the hope that someone on this forum might know the family and update me in their well being.
Re: 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by WinsomeX: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2014
fonzie2u:
@ Op I know one steven Angulu,we were class mates in Command Children School,Bonny camp,lagos. We all wrote d NMS Zaria, exam in d early 90s

It is possible that this Steven is a cousin or some relative. If you still have connection to Steven, pls can you get him to give me/us an update on the family?
Re: 20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu by veave(f): 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
cry cry
This story makes me remember my childhood friend and permanent seat mate Awalu Mohammed.
His dad died first, heard his mum followed. Then him next. I know he has a sister, cant remember her name. Dont know what happened to her either.

Please if you attended tinytots nur/pri markudi class of 1998/9 and you know anything about Awalu Mohammed's sister. Please send me a pm. Thanks cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Were She Your Child, What Would You Do? (photo) / Can You Forgive Any Of Your Parents Who Abandoned You. / Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Phones After 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.