Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 (1221 Views)

Jonathan's 5 Horrible Acts Since Losing The Presidential Election / Meet The Nigerian Female Billionaire That Gave Jonathan 5 Billion Naira! / Where Are Jonathan's 1600 Buses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by bashydemy(m): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2014
Here are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons for Asking for Your Vote in 2015 - by: Jude Udedibia - December 27, 2014

1. I am Ijaw and from South South
I need you to vote for me as President of Nigeria because I am Ijaw and Edwin Clark, Dokubo Asari and Tompolo have said that the only reason I should contest is because of my ethnicity, whether I did a good job as President or not, I should run so that Ijaws can be happy. Should you vote Jonathan because he is Ijaw? Is that the yardstick?

Before you consider Jonathan’s request, listen to Jonathan’s own brother first:

“I am an unapologetic critic of President Jonathan. I do not support you because you are an Ijaw person, from the South South zone or a Niger Deltan. I support performers.

“It is completely illogical to say Jonathan must be re-elected in 2015, because he is a South South man. Jonathan is not a South South President, but the President of Nigeria.

“You cannot compare one hundred Jonathans to one Buhari. I will always give my support to Buhari. He is the finest man I have ever known. Negative things that they say about him are not factual. I will continue to work for Buhari.” Prof. Tam David West

Please listen to Wole Soyinka too:
“That a national leader should go campaigning on the platform of ethnic support at a time when priorities dictate a united national engagement for survival, is a grotesque undertaking,”- Wole Soyinka

Who should you listen to – Tam David West, Wole Soyinka or Tompolo? Who has more credibility?

2. I am a Christian
Please, please, vote for me because I am a Christian. There are many Christians in Nigeria. Nigeria is a religious state and I want to be the President for Christian-Nigerians only. I have gone on pilgrimage to Jerusalem. I have also prayed at the Redeem Church. Even my close buddy, Doyin Okupe, has compared me to Jesus Christ. Listen, do you know what it means to be compared to Jesus Christ? How many people in Nigeria have been compared to Jesus Christ? Only me. So you have to vote for me for that reason. If you are still not convinced, ask the President of Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN), Ayo Oritsejafor, a very close friend. Ayo wants me to be President again in 2015. Remember Ayo, the one that gave us his aircraft to use to buy weapons in South Africa. Yes, that Ayo, that’s the one I mean.

Before you listen to Jonathan’s “I am a Christian” plea, please listen to Cardinal Okogie first, both a founder and an 8-year leader of CAN:

“I must tell you this; CAN leadership today is zero. CAN has no leader…Now, election is coming in 2015 and some people are already saying they must be there… What is the man (Oritsejafor) looking for? If you call yourself a man of God, then you should rely on God. Why should he be jumping up and down? ….“ why is he there as CAN president? … And look at how they are making mockery of themselves and making mockery of “religion”. Is that religion? Today, they are with the federal government. We saw the writing on the wall when we left. The very first person that took over started romancing with Obasanjo. Then one or two CAN presidents tried their best before it got to this present CAN president, Oritsejafor. This is not right. Look at how Oritsejafor has fallen, from grace to grass.” “And he is not going down alone, he is also staining the name of the Head of State. Of course, why not? If you eat with those with dirty hands, then you must be dirty. And this is the man that they are saying should come and rule the nation for a second term. They think people are stupid…The Head of State is a PDP man and he (Oritsejafor) is linked with this rubbish. So what other proof do you want that CAN has now become an appendage of the PDP?”
– Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie

3. I am in PDP
Of course, I am in PDP and I want to be PDP President. Do you not see how PDP has changed Nigeria in the last 15 years to a rich, prosperous and progressive nation? We have 24 hour electricity, no Nigerian travels abroad for medical treatment anymore, our youth have lots of jobs to choose from and we have met all the Millennium Development Goals! Don’t you see how our recent primaries were held for me (and only me), for the governors, and national assembly members? Do you remember these leaders of PDP – Solomon Lar, Barnabas Gemade (he is no longer in PDP), Audu Ogbeh, Ahmadu Ali, Vincent Ogbulafor, Okwesilieze Nwodo, Bamanga Tukur, and Adamu Muazu? PDP is a very disciplined and lawful party. Do you want examples?

One, we just recently raised N21bn in Aso Rock for our party. Are you asking why the PDP held its fundraiser at the Government House instead of the PDP headquarters or in a hotel? Well, I am the President and I can conduct PDP party affairs in the Presidential Palace any time I want. I don’t see anything wrong with that, do you?. And do you also want to know why we had contributions over the prescribed limits in the Electoral Act? It is because we are PDP and we can do whatever we want.

Since you want more examples here are they: we used the army to stop the opposition during the 2014 governorship elections in the southwest and we used our man, the Inspector General of Police, Abba Sulaiman, to stop APC lawmakers from accessing their workplace while our own PDP legislators were already inside, relaxing.

Before you vote for Jonathan’s PDP, listen for a minute to Wole Soyinka (again):
“Nothing is more unworthy of leadership than to degrade the system by which one attains fulfillment, and this is what the nation has witnessed time and time again in various parts of the nation, the recent affront against the legislative chamber being only the most blatant and unconscionable”

“The latest action of the supposed guardians of law against the nation’s lawgivers is an unambiguous declaration of war against the people,”
“such a public servant (IGP Abba Sulaiman) deserves to be publicly pilloried, tried and meted a punishment that is appropriate to treasonable acts.” [He] “has wasted no time in inaugurating a season of brutish power,” “What sticks to this policeman is worse than shame, it is infamy.”
“If shame belongs somewhere, it belongs to the Inspector-General of Police and his slavish adherence to conspiratorial, illegal and unconstitutional instructions.”

4. I fought Boko Haram
You should vote for me in 2015 because I have valiantly fought Boko Haram. When the first Nyanya bombing took place in my own city, Abuja, I left for Kano to do campaign. Do you want a proof that I was in Kano? Here is me dancing less than 24 hours after my city was attacked:

Yes, that’s me. I saw the headlines about my visit to Kano but Nigerians just don’t understand why I had to be in Kano. Here are some of the silly and stupid headlines about my re-election campaign in Kano following the bombing:

“Jonathan’s insensitive rally in Kano” – Punch
“Soyinka Carpets Jonathan For Dancing Political Azonto At Kano Rally Few Hours After Nyanya Bomb Blast, Abduction Of School Girls In Bornu” – Gazelle News
“The Macabre Rally After Massacre” – Sahara Reporters
“Nigerians mourn Abuja bombing deaths as Jonathan campaigns in Kano” – nigereporters.com

Also, you have to vote for me because I am very diligent in doing my work! And this just came in on Christmas eve: “Jonathan Yet to Approve 40 Bills”
“The Chairman, House Committee on Information, Zakari Mohammed, on Tuesday said 40 bills were awaiting President Goodluck Jonathan’s assent to become Acts of the National Assembly.
-PM News Nigeria, Dec. 24, 2014

5. I and PDP stopped corruption
Please vote for me next year because I and PDP have stopped corruption in Nigeria. Here is how someone has explained what corruption means: “Corruption is efforts to secure wealth or power through illegal means; private gain at public expense; or a misuse of public power for private benefit”

I have my own explanation: “There is no corruption but mere stealing in Nigeria”. Yes, that’s me. I said it. And I mean it! And remember before that I said “I don’t give a damn” about declaring my assets! Yes, why should I declare my assets? Why should I say that there is corruption in Nigeria when I know that there is not. Okay, you don’t believe me, let’s look at the following highlights together; remember these are only highlights; there are lots more that have not yet been uncovered:

2014:
More revelations by the House of Representatives Committee on Public Accounts indicated on Thursday that the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation could not account for N35bn it collected from the Service Wide Vote within nine years. (Punch article)

2013:
PDP’s NNPC did not remit $20bn to the coffers of the federation. $20bn equals _____ in Naira
The Deputy Director in charge of Reforms in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Mr. John Magbadelo, Thursday stated that Nigeria had lost over $400 billion to corruption between 1966 and 1999

Last month, Jonathan pardoned his former boss, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the ex-governor of oil-rich Bayelsa state who was convicted for corruption and money laundering in 2007. The pardon, which allows Alamieyeseigha to return to politics, “makes a joke of all the war against corruption,” said Nuhu Ribadu, 52, who headed the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission when its probe of the governor led to his conviction. Alamieyeseigha pleaded guilty and returned about 43 billion naira ($270 million) of embezzled funds to state coffers, Ribadu said in an interview. The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, the capital, called the decision “a setback in the fight against corruption.” (Bloomberg News)

Oby Ezekwesili, a former World bank Director, stirred up the hornet’s nest by declaring that the combined administrations of Musa Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan misappropriated literally billions of dollars. She pointed out that Obasanjo left $45 billion in Nigeria’s foreign reserve account and another $22 billion in the excess crude account when he left office in 2007; being direct savings from increased earnings from oil under his administration. These savings have completely disappeared without trace. Where did these monies go?

2012:
Report by the US Government put the amount stolen in the “period under review” to 1.067 trillion naira ($6.8 billion); the period under review was 2011 – 2012

$6.8bn - the amount a fuel subsidy scam has cost Nigeria over the last two years - a parliamentary report said in April (BBC News Africa Report)
$29bn - the amount lost by the treasury in the last decade (2002 – 2012) in an apparent gas price-fixing scam - leaked Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force report in October (BBC News Africa Report)

$6bn - the amount the treasury loses a year because of oil theft - leaked Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force report in October (BBC News Africa Report)

Need we recount a few other cases of larceny on a grand scale? Nigerians are aware that the country loses 600,000 barrels of crude oil daily to illegal bunkering. At the current price of N112.52 per barrel, a whopping sum of N 3.7 trillion ($24.64 billion) is lost annually. (allfrica article)

The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) has reported that "West African pirates have been increasingly attacking ships further and further from shore. They illegally siphon US$3 billion yearly worth of crude oil and refined petroleum products between 100,000 and 130,000 barrels a day with an international market value of about US$3billion; the equivalent of a large 95,000 metric ton crude oil tanker is being stolen from Nigeria without punishment".

The situation of oil theft has grown worse with allegations of complicity by members of the ruling party and others close to the corridors of power who have been indicted by various administrative panel reports. This illegal activity is being carried out without a licence, authorisation or valid documents and in violation of the Nigerian maritime laws and guidelines. Not a few people snorted when the minister of trade and investment, Dr. Olusegun Aganga, blurted that some documents from his ministry were forged to perpetrate illegal oil theft. According to him, the country loses N775 billion annually over non-metering of oil wells and inaccurate ship-to shore loading and offloading of vessels. In the third quarter of this year, documents were forged leading to the export of 24million barrels of oil valued at $1.6billion. (ALLFRICA article)

Nigeria Lost U.S.$400 Billion Oil Revenue to Theft – Ezekwesili (Daily Trust AND allfrica article)
$31 Billion Stolen Under President Jonathan of Nigeria - Punch

More recently, David Cameron, Prime-Minister of Great Britain, is reported to have asked President Goodluck Jonathan what happened to the $100 billion dollars Nigeria made from oil and gas exports in 2012, insisting that “lack of accountability and transparency is a big problem in Nigerian oil and gas industry.” (Vanguard article)

2011:
He was obviously referring to those who allegedly stole N2.6 trillon in the name of fuel subsidy funds last year. The Ribadu report, by the way, revealed that $16 billion or N2.8 trillion had been separately stolen in the oil sector. (allfrica article)

A task force commissioned by the petroleum ministry to look into graft found that Nigeria LNG, owned by state-run Nigerian National Petroleum Corp., Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSA), Total SA (FP) and Eni SpA (ENI), may have underpaid the country for gas before exporting it to international markets. That cost Nigeria about $29 billion in the decade through 2011, according to the report. (Bloomberg News)

Okay, Goodluck Jonathan and PDP wants you to vote for him in 2015 because he has combated corruption. Please before you do that check this out:

The conservative total of stolen, mismanaged, unaccounted for and/or re-stolen Nigeria public funds by PDP between 1999 – 2014 = US$145.6bn ($146 BILLION)

The key phrase here is “conservative estimate”. And this is only from publicly available sources. It is much more than that when you factor in the ones that are hush-hush and hidden from public view.

Contrast Jonathan with Buhari
Buhari is the cleanest candidate that is running for Nigerian presidency in 2015. His credentials and character in this regard are impeccable despite the attempts of the “swiftboaters” (thanks to Barrister Jude Menes for explaining this phenomenon in Buhari’s context) to smear him in this regard. I repeat my stand: without fighting corruption, Nigeria is going nowhere. Imagine what US$10bn, $20bn, $100bn, $150bn will do for healthcare, jobs, good infrastructure for Nigeria. These monies are sitting in private pockets as I write and these same people want to come back to power? Really?

I end by urging you to vote out these thieves. As long as they are in power, this will continue.

Finally Listen to Buhari himself:
Those who are afraid of the change we seek are the people destroying our country and stunting its progress. They are the same people who spent four years in power without improving our electricity by a single megawatt, the same people who spent four years downgrading high-level corruption to common stealing, the same people who spent four years watching over terrorists desecrating our territorial sovereignty… (Muhammadu Buhari, December21, 2014)

4 Likes

Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by jahbiz: 1:37am On Dec 29, 2014
Even if I can't remember anything Mr presido has done for this great country of mine, I can still remember......

He has declared war on bokoharam and he is still declaring....

He has created employment for the youth.

Yes It's in Nigeria u start learning a trade afta graduation cos you have unemployed graduates as brodas and sisters @ om and you don't wan to join the league.

Stable power supply.

Yes, a Gen Set has become a necessity cos u Shouldnt expect power always. A Nigerian must have a touch, lamp or any device of similar function.

Accountability is the hallmark of this administration.

Corruption is not stealing, neither stealing corruption as long as you have done the needful...... You can walk with your head up.

And..........

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by bashydemy(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2014
jahbiz:
Even if I can't remember anything Mr presido has done for this great country of mine, I can still remember......

Yes It's in Nigeria u start learning a trade afta graduation cos you have unemployed graduates as brodas and sisters @ om and you don't wan to join the league.

Stable power supply.

Yes, a Gen Set has become a necessity cos u Shouldnt expect power always. A Nigerian must have a touch, lamp or any device of similar function.

Corruption is not stealing, neither stealing corruption as long as you have done the needful...... You can walk with your head up.

And..........
haha you mean GEJ did all that listed up there? am i seeing anything? the last time i uses PHCN in my otta home was in 2010 if i may remember....

And you right about the stealing is no corruption.....

Mind you my community went to PHCN to complain and what they say shock everyone, They said they (PHCN) distributed the light to the higher bidder who are the companies and industries cos they pay them with check every week so if we need stable electricity we should do the needful and that was the day i cut off my light myself and when ever am around i used Generator..
Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by bashydemy(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2014
The Lekki-Ikoyi link Bridge constructed by d APC led state govt is 1.36km long, while d 2nd Niger Bridge awarded by d PDP led federal govt is 1.5km long?

Whilst d Lekki-Ikoyi link Bridge was constructed for N29b, d 2nd Niger Bridge was awarded for a whooping sum of N117b.

"It is better for Buhari to come to power in 2015 and jail me, than for Jonathan to come back and destroy the remaining Nigeria."
- Obasanjo in his book 'My Watch'
P.S.: the 2nd Niger bridge is still "under construction"

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by PAINGAIN: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2014
@op, U have achieved ur goal for today(bashing GEJ). Happy? I h ope u r. Oya go collect ur paycheck. Meanwhile I don't support GEJ or buhari but this kind of write-up makes me want to vote for jonathan. All these e-warriors should b careful how they campaign.
Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 29, 2014
jahbiz:

Stable power supply.

And..........

Yes, he declared war on Boko Haram by clearing & pardoning Alimodu Sheriff[A certified BH Sponsor] of his terror activities.

Pls remind me again Y Alimodu Sheriff cleared that Arms-laden Chad-bound Aircraft that was recently detained in Kano?

You think we do not know GEJ is the Grand Patron of Boko Haram?

You think the christians are still buying the cooked-up stories that are being circulated by CAN[Ayo Oritsejafor] that Buhari is a Boko Haram Sponsor & Sympathizer?

You think 2015 will be business as usual for Jonathan & his minions?

You think Asari Dokubo & his boyz are able to hold Nigeria to ransom?

Do you know the numbers of Nigerians [especially the youths & young military officers] that are tired & ready to die just for GEJ's shackles to be broken & taken off our feet?

Maybe you should just go to sleep & continue dreaming!

1 Like

Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by Dramadiddy(m): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2014
Piece of trash
Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 29, 2014
Jonathan is the grandpatron of witches and wizard. He has donated over 20,000 blood of innocent to the dark world through boko haram. He's evil and incompetent personified!

We the Sons of God are against the candidate of witches and wizard. We will not vote for Jonathan. We are behind Muhammadu Buhari, the people's general.

#Change

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by Bolade005: 10:24am On Dec 29, 2014
PAINGAIN:
@op, U have achieved ur goal for today(bashing GEJ). Happy? I h ope u r. Oya go collect ur paycheck. Meanwhile I don't support GEJ or buhari but this kind of write-up makes me want to vote for jonathan. All these e-warriors should b careful how they campaign.
The op has written nothing but the truth, if you feel there is a lie there, point it out and I swear I will vote for GEJ even though I know the clueless man will lose, I am ready to sacrifice my vote.

GEJ is a complete failure and don't you dare come on here and tell us what is not, we know what GEJ is and we are going to the needful next year. We are voting him out, that's his comeuppance for failing us and for failing himself.

Sis, vote for change, if you are too blind to see the obvious, atleast for the sake of your unborn children, they deserve a good life so vote for change.

Buhari/osibanjo is the CHANGE.
Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by princeandex: 4:58am On Dec 30, 2014
bashydemy:
The Lekki-Ikoyi link Bridge constructed by d APC led state govt is 1.36km long, while d 2nd Niger Bridge awarded by d PDP led federal govt is 1.5km long?

Whilst d Lekki-Ikoyi link Bridge was constructed for N29b, d 2nd Niger Bridge was awarded for a whooping sum of N117b.

"It is better for Buhari to come to power in 2015 and jail me, than for Jonathan to come back and destroy the remaining Nigeria."
- Obasanjo in his book 'My Watch'
P.S.: the 2nd Niger bridge is still "under construction"

Re: Here Are Jonathan’s 5 Reasons For Asking For Your Vote In 2015 by tit(f): 5:18am On Dec 30, 2014
this is the only thing buhari has to offer:

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Collecting Their National ID Cards / State By State Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan / Jega's Press Conference On Elections Date Postponed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.