Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate (1283 Views)

We Thought Buhari Would Pick Saints, Says Delta PDP Senator / Apc Plotting To Take Over Rivers, A-ibom, Delta...pdp Alleges / Delta PDP Chairman, Youths, Beat Up Former PDP National Chairman's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by cecejobs(m): 3:34am On Dec 29, 2014
Delta State gubernatorial candidate of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP), Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, yesterday
picked the nominee of a former militant commander
in the Niger Delta, Chief Government Ekpemukpolo
(alias Tompolo), Mr Kingsley Otuaro, as his running
mate in the February 2015 governorship election.
The emergence of Otuaro, an Ijaw ethnic nationality
and cousin of the ex-militant leader put an end to the
protracted battle over the choice of running mate to
the candidate of the ruling party in the state.
Otuaro is presently a commissioner representing the
Ijaw ethnicity on the board of the state’s oil agency,
Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development
Commission (DESOPADEC). He hails from Gbaramatu
Kingdom in Warri South West local government area
of the state.
LEADERSHIP Sunday learnt that Okowa has
forwarded Otuaro’s name to the Independent
National Electoral Commission (INEC) to beat
yesterday’s deadline set by the electoral umpire.
The choice of Okowa’s deputy has been a subject of
acrimony among the Ijaw, Itsekiri and Isoko ethnic
nationalities in Delta South Senatorial District of the
state.
The Ijaw and Isoko were opposed to the Ijaw picking
the slot on the strength that it could not add it to the
senatorial ticket of the ruling party already won by
another Ijaw citizen, Senator James Manager, who is
running a fourth-term ticket.
Each of the ethnic nationalities had mounted
pressures on Okowa to pick his running mate from
the group. It was learnt that the disagreement by the
three ethnic nationalities accounted for the delay in
filling the slot.

leadership.ng/news/398177/tompolos-cousin-emerges-delta-pdp-deputy-governorship-candidate
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 4:04am On Dec 29, 2014
This may not be too good for the party in Delta State. For equity, the deputy should have gone to any other ethnic group due to the fact that Senator James Manager has been given a go ahead to the Senate. I see Labour Party getting more support or even taking the day in the next election in the State. As it is now, Delta Central, the Itsekiris and the Isokos may work against the party from what I've observed among many Deltans. God bless Delta State. God bless GEJ.
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by IKJ66(m): 4:30am On Dec 29, 2014
O set. E.......
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 29, 2014
ok
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 29, 2014
Some people can outrightly be stupid.

Is the so-called cousin not a man of himself?

What's is Tompolo's in his cousin's aspirations?
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by docadams: 6:42am On Dec 29, 2014
The choice of Tompolo's cousin has dampened the ethusiasm that greeted Okowa's emergence as governorship candidate. Ironically and depressingly, Tompolo is gradually emerging as the new face of godfatherism in Delta political landscape.
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by otokx(m): 7:09am On Dec 29, 2014
If the Urhobos can pick a credible candidate with an Isoko vice then sell it to the Itsekiri then its bye bye to PDP but my Usobo brothers greedy die and think mostly of their today.

Is the story even true sef?
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by Nonybb: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2014
He is in trouble. Can he be able to duely pay Tompolo's monthly stipend running in billions from the government coffer? This government would be able failed Uduaghan
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by clevvermind(m): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2014
so tompolo is the one in conrol in Delta state now. nobody can challenge him. na wao.
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by lilbazy(m): 8:14am On Dec 29, 2014
Bow down to the ONE TRUE GOD,JEHOVAH JIREH,JEHOVAH NISSI,JEHOVAH ELSHADAI... and be saved. Jesus till eternity.
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by docadams: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2014
otokx:
If the Urhobos can pick a credible candidate with an Isoko vice then sell it to the Itsekiri then its bye bye to PDP but my Usobo brothers greedy die and think mostly of their today.

That is an unfair statement about the Urhobos. It is the only ethnic group that mounts significant opposition to Uduaghan and the PDP regime of tyrany.
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by dBard: 8:46am On Dec 29, 2014
docadams:
The choice of Tompolo's cousin has dampened the ethusiasm that greeted Okowa's emergence as governorship candidate. Ironically and depressingly, Tompolo is gradually emerging as the new face of godfatherism in Delta political landscape.

Dangerously so...

we only need to look to Mexico to fear the future.
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by harrwix(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2014
ihafhear
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by SmartCount(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2014
Otis:
If the Urchins can pick a credible candidate with an Isaac vice then sell it to the Itself then its bye to PDP but my Using brothers greedy die and think mostly of their today.

Is the story even true see?

Otokunefor, imagine after running your mouth making a castigatory remark about an ethnic group you are asking if the story is true. I know you are an itsekiri man and I don't expect you making such statements. Life does not begin and end in Nairaland. I hope light don dey for choba campus, where u dey do some hustling? Happy new year in advance.
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by SmartCount(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2014
otokx:

Otokunefor, imagine after running your
mouth making a castigatory remark
about an ethnic group you are asking if
the story is true. I know you are an
itsekiri man and I don't expect you
making such statements. Life does not
begin and end in Nairaland. I hope light
don dey for choba campus, where u dey
do some hustling? Happy new year in
advance.
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by martincbarton: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2014
That is a staunch support for the guy. Money + arms

Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by chamboy(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2014
Tompolo aka Government Ekpemupolo
Re: Tompolo’s Cousin Emerges Delta PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate by docadams: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2014
dBard:

Dangerously so...

we only need to look to Mexico to fear the future.

Delta has assumed the status of a failed state within a state. What we have is an uneasy calm in a polity of unimaginable maladministration. I always give kudos to deltans for their resilience in the face of exploitation in all spheres of life. This is a state with a lot of potentials but has been hijacked by evil forces within and without. When shall we free ourselves from this chains of servitude?

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Guber Debate: Jimi Agbaje Vs Akinwunmi Ambode / Aregbesola Admits Rigging The Last Election / BREAKING: Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.