Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. (40998 Views)

Noun GP Calculation / How To Calculate Your GP/CGP / Help Cgpa Calculation. Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by desmondDessi(m): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2014
Some of my friends in other institute like Ambrose Alli University(AAU), Auchi Polytechnic told me that if a student carried a course over,and maybe pass it at the next Level,he won't be given the actual MARK/SCORE.

CARRY OVER COURSE
For example, he got an A in a 3unit course,which will be(computation)=15.....the student will be given 10 or less cus he failed the course at 1st,in some schools,they say carry over courses never get ADDED TO YOU GP EVEN WHEN FINALLY PASSED.

abeg how is it done in your school,GRADUATES,STUDENTS,SCHOOL OFFICIALS ARE NEEDED IN HERE PLEASE.

OP:Uniben
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by haibe(m): 8:12am On Dec 29, 2014
desmondDessi:
Some of my friends in other institute like Ambrose Alli University(AAU), Auchi Polytechnic told me that if a student carried a course over,and maybe pass it at the next Level,he won't be given the actual MARK/SCORE.

CARRY OVER COURSE
For example, he got an A in a 3unit course,which will be(computation)=15.....the student will be given 10 or less cus he failed the course at 1st,in some schools,they say carry over courses never get ADDED TO YOU GP EVEN WHEN FINALLY PASSED.

abeg how is it done in your school,GRADUATES,STUDENTS,SCHOOL OFFICIALS ARE NEEDED IN HERE PLEASE.

Never heard of the above, in my school when u have a CO, it means an F and therefore a 0 as an effect. If u do the course again and get an A, good for u cos that's a 5×3units=15 and it will add to ur semester gpa and ur cgpa consequently

The only ish is that the net effect of that course to ur cgpa is like a C or even E since u have had an F and an A.

But basically just see a CO as not getting anything for that semester and borrowing the course to do again because u must get something from that course before you graduate

3 Likes

Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by desmondDessi(m): 8:16am On Dec 29, 2014
haibe:

Never heard of the above, in my school when u have a CA, it means an F and therefore a 0 as an effect. If u do the course again and get an A, good for u cos that's a 5×3units=15 and it will add to ur semester gpa and ur cgpa consequently

The only ish is that the net effect of that course to ur cgpa is like a C since u have had an F and an A
wahts the name of ur school please?
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by haibe(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2014
desmondDessi:

unilag

2 Likes

Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by desmondDessi(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2014
haibe:
unilag
alright
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by ScapeGoat(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2014
desmondDessi:

bruv dont be lonely this new year . click here
www.nairaland.com/2065908/2015-girlfriend-last-post-need#29291764
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by desmondDessi(m): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2014
all this people can just view and not comment.

una can make person vex,I asked a question o

1 Like

Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by benny4wax(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2014
i am coming bro let me book my space first then i will comment later
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by barackodam: 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Assuming you carried a course, that's F, then you ended up passing it on next trial with an A, if we suppose it's a 2CU, that 'd now be, (0+10)/ 2, since you sat for it twice.

.which is why you can never get an A in a course you carried, that already is 2.5 which isn't up to C gan
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by desmondDessi(m): 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
barackodam:
Assuming you carried a course, that's F, then you ended up passing it on next trial with an A, if we suppose it's a 2CU, that 'd now be, (0+10)/ 2, since you sat for it twice.

.which is why you can never get an A in a course you carried, that already is 2.5 which isn't up to C gan
which Uni are you in?
am in Uniben
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by desmondDessi(m): 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
benny4wax:
i am coming bro let me book my space first then i will comment later
and then
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by barackodam: 1:10am On Dec 31, 2014
desmondDessi:

which Uni are you in?
am in Uniben

ABU ZARIA
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by desmondDessi(m): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
barackodam:

ABU ZARIA
thanks

1 Like

Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by desmondDessi(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
We need ya help,many students who are 100lv students just saw their 1st semester result,and would love to knw how it works....plz help them,we knw if people get to see this,they are gonna help,cus they have passd through this stage,many graduates too.

ishilove
lalasticlala
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by NazifUmar: 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
Pls i hav 4 carry overs in my 200 level 2nd semester.am nw in 300 level first semester pls can dis stop me frm goin for my siwes 2nd semester
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by NazifUmar: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
Am havin 1.95 as cgpa 300 Level first semester what is d best cgpa i can ever have

1 Like

Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by jephthar(m): 12:30am On Apr 06, 2018
check out this article on how to calculate carryover gpa @ http://www.fupreblog.com/2018/03/how-to-calculate-carry-over-gpa.html
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 12, 2019
I had 4 carryovers in my 1st year 1st semester exams is there any possibility of me still graduating with good grade and what's d highest grade I can still achieve in a 4yrs course.help is needed here pls.
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 29, 2023
I had 4 carryovers in my 1st year 1st semester exams is there any possibility of me still graduating with good grade and what's d highest grade I can still achieve in a 4yrs course.help is needed here pls.

Have you graduated ??

And how did you do it if so ??
Re: Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 29, 2023
NazifUmar:
Pls i hav 4 carry overs in my 200 level 2nd semester.am nw in 300 level first semester pls can dis stop me frm goin for my siwes 2nd semester

Did you graduate ?

How you tek do am ?

(1) (Reply)

UNICAL Student Caught On Camera Apologizing To His Lover In Public (photo) / Prof. Idowu Olayinka, UI Vice Chancellor Fights Dirty On Facebook (Photos) / Kogi State University Admission: 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.