Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone (2058 Views)

Femi Adesina Mocks PDP On INEC Appointment / How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register, Pick-up Center Using Phone / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2014
With your mobile phone, you can now confirm if your name is on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) voters’ register. The 2015 general election is close and if you are really serious about carrying out your civic right of voting, you should go and get your Permanent Voter Card (PVC).

There have been cases of people who have presented themselves for PVCs at INEC Nigeria registration/pick-up centres but did not see their names on the voters register. You don’t to go through such stressful and time-wasting ordeal. You can easily check if your name is on the register before setting out to go and pick up your PVC.

How to check if your name is on INEC Voters Register

The way to check if you are on the Register of Voters is simply to send an SMS to dedicated lines with the following information:

State of registration,
Surname,
Last five or six or all digits of the VIN (i.e., Voter Identification Number) on Temporary Voter Card
As an example: Lagos, Ogundimu, 06782: please ensure the coma in-between) and send to 08171646879.

Alternatively, you can also send the short message with INEC (e.g.: INEC, Lagos, Salama, 06782) and send to 20120.

*****(SMS Cost: #10)*****

I sent it without the commas though, and I still got the response from the system. The instant response gave me my full profile on the Register and the polling unit number where I registered.

So where can I still pick up my PVC?

Yes! If a person is on the Register and has not been able to obtain his / her PVC, he / she should go to the relevant local government office of INEC where distribution of the cards will continue daily till the end of January 2015.

Share this message with your friends on Social Media to make more people know about this. We all have the right to vote. Thank you!
Re: How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone by Basildvalour(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2014
aikluck007:
With your mobile phone, you can now confirm if your name is on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) voters’ register. The 2015 general election is close and if you are really serious about carrying out your civic right of voting, you should go and get your Permanent Voter Card (PVC).

There have been cases of people who have presented themselves for PVCs at INEC Nigeria registration/pick-up centres but did not see their names on the voters register. You don’t to go through such stressful and time-wasting ordeal. You can easily check if your name is on the register before setting out to go and pick up your PVC.

How to check if your name is on INEC Voters Register

The way to check if you are on the Register of Voters is simply to send an SMS to dedicated lines with the following information:

State of registration,
Surname,
Last five or six digits of the VIN (i.e., Voter Identification Number) on Temporary Voter Card
As an example: Lagos, Ogundimu, 06782: please ensure the coma in-between) and send to 08171646879.

Alternatively, you can also send the short message with INEC (e.g.: INEC, Lagos, Salama, 06782) and send to 20120.

I sent it without the commas though, and I still got the response from the system. The instant response gave me my full profile on the Register and the polling unit number where I registered.

So where can I still pick up my PVC?

Yes! If a person is on the Register and has not been able to obtain his / her PVC, he / she should go to the relevant local government office of INEC where distribution of the cards will continue daily till the end of January 2015.

Share this message with your friends on Social Media to make more people know about this. We all have the right to vote. Thank you!
Are those phone lines toll free or are normal text charges attached to them?
Re: How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone by Kingslaw(m): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ok. Thanks
Re: How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone by donlawrenzo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
Wow! Thanks. I haven't collected my PVC and I have been looking for a means to collect it.
Re: How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone by gabriel212: 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
op be precise while passing information across.
I don't mean to insult you!
Re: How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
Basildvalour:

Are those phone lines toll free or are normal text charges attached to them?
I was charged #10
Re: How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone by omoalaro: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
Thanks.
Re: How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register And Pick-up Center Using Phone by Crocz(m): 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Awesome...let's see if it works thou undecided

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha Massacre : Ohanaeze Issues 14-day Ultimatum To Buhari / See The Cars Fayose Presents To Teachers In Ekiti State / Did Emir Sanusi Behead Akaluka Gideon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.