Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,776 members, 7,955,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! (88616 Views)

Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help / Waec Certificate Help : Date Of Birth Correction / How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 06, 2015
Ray360:

I submitted my original birth certificate, the to-be-corrected certificate and paid 10k. I was told it would take a year, but I went on the 8th month and was given the corrected certificate.
which WAEC office did u rectify it?
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by npn001(f): 12:14am On Nov 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 12:56am On Nov 24, 2015
npn001:

Pls bro, I'm about going to waec office to do the same thing you, but i want to ask, for someone like me who have submiited the certificate "with error" to my school, can the certificate be retracted from wherever i may have submitted it to and give them the form?

Or it doesn't matter what I've used the wrong tje certificate for in the past, i don't need to collect back the old one.
WAEC can only accept certificates for Nov/dec (GCE) for correction. you cannotsubmit a certificate of an exam you sat for in your secondary school to wAec for correction. you will submit it to your school, then you school will submit to Waec.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Ray360:

WAEC can only accept certificates for Nov/dec (GCE) for correction. you cannotsubmit a certificate of an exam you sat for in your secondary school to wAec for correction. you will submit it to your school, then you school will submit to Waec.
Abeg, what of state of origin? is it thesame process?
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by AimmHigh(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Would dey also correct online date of birth or only on the certificate...pls reply asap
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by abuhubaidah: 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ray360:

I submitted my original birth certificate, the to-be-corrected certificate and paid 10k. I was told it would take a year, but I went on the 8th month and was given the corrected certificate.
please is the letter from secondary school a must?
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by stanley102(m): 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
awoladek:
Wat u ask 4 is not an easy task @ all. Am having d same problem wit u and 4 dis problem 2 b solved there are certain procedure 2 follow. The first step is dat u will go back 2 ur secondary school and collect letter 4rm ur school 4 d correction of the mistake and after dat u will obtain a bank draft of 10,000 naira 4rm any bank, after dis u will nw make photocopy of ur printout, ur original certificate and the bank draft and submit all dis document 2 waec office. The worst part of the issue is that, it will take up to 6 months before the mistake can be corrected.

Hello Awoladek. Please, I would like to know how long it eventually took for your corrected certificate to be returned. While it was with WAEC, were you issued any form of proof that the certificate was undergoing corrections? Also, was the letter from your principal sent through you or your school? Thanks for your time and anticipated prompt response.
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by beemarn: 7:54am On Feb 19, 2016
FOR NYSC EXEMPTION / DOB ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS CALL 08180764085..
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by beepromise: 5:50pm On May 13, 2016
hi nairalanders
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by beepromise: 5:59pm On May 13, 2016
Pls is there anyone who corrected his or her d.o.b on waec cert recently?

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 19, 2016
more often people face this issue. i have been a victim myself.i never knew my correct date of birth till after my wassce.the date of birth on my bece is 7th august whiles that on my wassce is 9th sept.i have first degree but in Ghana, degree certs bear no date of birth

solution
waec issue certificate once but however they rectify issues with wrong name or date of birth if the mistake is from them or urself.if u did the mistake,then be prepared to pay about 100 ghana cedis.it will take about six month to a year for rectification

short solution

if you have interview to attend and do not have time to waste just report to waec that your certificate is missing and since waec doesnt issue certificate twice, they will issue you a statement of result which does not conatin your date of birth.make sure you take it to your senior high sch for endorsement/ for it to be stamped in case if your exam is private just let waec endorse it for you.

take along this statement of result with you to attend you interview and when asked about your date of birth jux show dem ur id card or passport or birth certificate.if you are asked about your original crtificate just say it is missing.

tell them to confirm your result at waec office if they wish to

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by lawarlkila(m): 11:34am On Feb 04, 2017
Hello guys! I have sitted for my gce waec 2016 and thank God i have passed with flying colours. But my only problem is that, my name was supposed to be Lawan Ibrahim Hassan. But unfurtunately i wrote Ibrahim as my SURNAME and Hassan as my OTHER NAME. Please Guys can anyone help me on how to change My Name?
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Adebayor2010(m): 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]Please I collected my waec certificate at Abeokuta but there was a mistake there and I want to do some correction on, can I do it at the waec office at yaba
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Adebayor2010(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
The West African Examinations Council ( WAEC ), has announced that it will no longer amend date of birth and other entries on certificates of candidate from January 1, 2017. The council’s Public Affairs Officer in Nigeria, Mr. Demianus Ojijeogu, who made the announcement on Thursday said the development was part of measures to curb examination malpractice. Mr. Ojijeogu therefore, urged candidates to take advantage of the opportunity to review their entries while registering for the West African Senior Secondary School Examination (WASSCE) on their online portal or obtain affidavits from the courts of law. He added that all requests for amendment of any information on bio- data could only be considered during and after registration. Also See: FG To Increase Corpers Allowance, Guess How Much? Meanwhile, about 25 candidates who sat for either the school or privates examinations conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) have reportedly returned their certificates. The candidates, who claim they are now born again Christians say they are returning the certificates because it was acquired through fraudulent means. Also See: LASU Forcefully Retires Aged Professors A senior staff of WAEC revealed that the council wrote to the candidates explaining what they were expected to do which is to return the certificates in accordance with the rules and regulations guiding the conduct of the examinations and those who complied with the directive returned their certificates to various WAEC offices nationwide, and the council took their cases to the Nigeria Examinations Committee (NEC), which met recently in Lagos and cancelled the returned 25 certificates.
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Adebayor2010(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
The West African Examinations Council ( WAEC ), has announced that it will no longer amend date of birth and other entries on certificates of candidate from January 1, 2017. The council’s Public Affairs Officer in Nigeria, Mr. Demianus Ojijeogu, who made the announcement on Thursday said the development was part of measures to curb examination malpractice. Mr. Ojijeogu therefore, urged candidates to take advantage of the opportunity to review their entries while registering for the West African Senior Secondary School Examination (WASSCE) on their online portal or obtain affidavits from the courts of law. He added that all requests for amendment of any information on bio- data could only be considered during and after registration. Also See: FG To Increase Corpers Allowance, Guess How Much? Meanwhile, about 25 candidates who sat for either the school or privates examinations conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) have reportedly returned their certificates. The candidates, who claim they are now born again Christians say they are returning the certificates because it was acquired through fraudulent means. Also See: LASU Forcefully Retires Aged Professors A senior staff of WAEC revealed that the council wrote to the candidates explaining what they were expected to do which is to return the certificates in accordance with the rules and regulations guiding the conduct of the examinations and those who complied with the directive returned their certificates to various WAEC offices nationwide, and the council took their cases to the Nigeria Examinations Committee (NEC), which met recently in Lagos and cancelled the returned 25 certificates....... Forwarded as seen
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Joey40: 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
3DCYCLOPS:
When you were giving your principal the wrong date of birth cause you didnt want the girls to know your real age..you never thought it would back fire..lol

all those dean and co forms too much..i just pray they take pity on you...(was once in your shoes...but not dob ish though)..i know how it feels.

What is this one saying.. .
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by SKOL19: 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
PLEASE HOW CANI CHANGE MY NECO DATE OF BIRTH. I USED 1999. INSTEAD OF 2000. Please Help
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by MIMU(m): 3:52am On Jul 14, 2017
beefash24:
I have waited for more than 6 months now......its so annoying after paying them, since lastyear may
Have they change now
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Dashenka(f): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
Please how do they go about correcting date of birth on a waec certificate in recent times? I just collected mine and it has a massive error, any help will be appreciated please.
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by princeoyemade: 5:22am On Aug 18, 2017
Please procedure for correction made on DOB and how long does it take sir.
Thank you and hope to read from you soon.
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Partnerbiz3: 6:00am On Aug 31, 2017
princeoyemade:
Please procedure for correction made on DOB and how long does it take sir.
Thank you and hope to read from you soon.

How far?
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by skayT: 10:10pm On May 25, 2018
Waezonalffi:
The West African Examination
Council
Of Nigeria [WAEC] Wishes to inform
the general public that the 20172018
correction
or amendment of date of birth on
exam
certificates has started. The information was
disclosed in a reply to a question
been
asked on the official WAEC Twitter
Handle.
All candidates should take note of
this new development.

The West African Examinations Council, WAEC result mistake in date of birth (DOBs), mistake in names, Issuing and request for your WAEC Or WAEC GCE Certificate of any Year.
the WAEC Head of National Office, Nigeria, Mr Olu Adenipekun also said that Any Candidates whose Waec or Waec gce result is witheld , no result for this candidates in the specific year , result cancellation should Contact waec zonal Mr Williams help-line on- O 9 O 6 5 4 1 O 3 5 7 - for WAEC result certificate issuing & DOB and Mistake in Names correction Assistance now.
Oga na wah for you Oooo. Na so so spam you just dey spam. It's so obvious you're just another hungry scammer. Don't ask me how I got to know. I can smell a scam even from 50miles away.

2 Likes

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by charliesyndrom: 4:32pm On May 28, 2018
Ray360:
Good day fellow nairalanders. please, i desperately need help. i want to change the date of birth to tally with that on my JAMB result.
please, how do i go about it, how long does is take ? has anyone submitted his or hers for correction before? please...! help!;
Bro, were u able to change your dob successfully? if yes, how?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / 2012/2013 Uniport Post-utme Updates / How To Write An Industrial Training/siwes Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.