Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) (42030 Views)

Inventors Who Were Killed By Their Own Inventions / 7 inventors killed by their Inventions / 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by BigBen10: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2014
We need more engineers in Nigerian government
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2014
Slowly and gradually, the topic is turning into a tribal/ethnic war...

This is the problem with Nigeria. A part of Nigeria prospers, we become angry, jealous and devise means of their downfall. The three major ethnic groups are represented in this post, why so much hate?

Big ups to those men. I want to make so much breakthrough in science also and news like this inspires young men like us. They should keep it up.
One Nigeria, One People.
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by Amack(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2014
Housa are the inventor of boko haram
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by castruccio(m): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Keneking:
Ok...who invented Facebook in Nigeria?

AH !!! you no know ni ? Na Sir, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan tongue
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2014
Kai !!
1stola:

Dear Mumu,
Na only one Igbo dey there o
and three (3) people from Western Nigeria of our dream.
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by oc2fish: 9:40am On Dec 30, 2014
Proudly Nigeria. I am a Nigerian the land of the rising SUN.
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by dotna(m): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2014
This is what I love reading. Achievers from Nigeria. I'm so proud of the guy that designed the Chevrolet volt
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by 1stola: 9:50am On Dec 30, 2014
dollarsplenty:

Is Jelani Aliyu from Yorubaland? Jelani is from Sokoto state and schooled briefly in ABU Zaria before he left for US. dont be in a hurry to abuse others, first check yourself.
Go f*ck yourself. angry
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by BotherMleeper(m): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2014
Nothing here was invented, maybe just adapted and/or innovated

That guy didnt invent the tablet. He just rebadged an existing chinese cheapo.

The other disnt invent microchips, he just adapted them

That other guy didnt invent plugin cars, he merely designed one.
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by Lancelott(m): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2014
lilprinze:
God bless Nigeria
GEJ till 2019.
look personally am tired of seeing buhari/ GEJ till 2019...get these things straight. 1)They are all the same thing..2)They'll use anyone to attain their goals...3)Rigging is sure in that election...4)GEJ will surely win and Buhari no go gree..for God's sake don't you know the power of imcubency??...5)If Buhari wins, naija delta will resume wahala and if Jona wins, Boko haram things....6)their kids are not in the country right now...7)They are just using us....coolTo those who keep accusing the president, remember he can't do everything..that's why he has ministers for various reasons..its the reports he gets he acts on..don't be fooled by political propagandas...9)Those that did economics amongst us will know that Buhari is not a magician that will curb inflation down to less than 20% cos there is financial crisis currently..let's stop reading news leaflets and start reading news papers...10)They are controlling our thoughts through the mass media..(where are the psychologists here na)..most of the dailies, TV stations are politically biased...come on...LET'S RESEARCH ThIS!!!! I have things to say that'll change your view bot this election for real...lastly let's STOP discussing politics in the wrong thread!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by sylve11: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2014
I luv those lines from Jen Aliyu. cool
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by effyzie01(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2014
Jelani has always had passion for car design. There still are a lot of car drawings in the room where he spent most of his youth, the room we took over after he left for US.

Growing up, he was our mentor. He was (still is) a symbol of dedication, commitment and persistence.

His simplicity is his greatest virtue.
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by shomutuski(m): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2014
Omo that number four guy read book gaan ni Oh. 2 masters and 4 phd... Chai!!! There iz God oh...
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by effyzie01(m): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2014
dollarsplenty:

Is Jelani Aliyu from Yorubaland? Jelani is from Sokoto state and schooled briefly in ABU Zaria before he left for US. dont be in a hurry to abuse others, first check yourself.

Jelani schooled in Waziri Umaru Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi not ABU, before leaving for Detroit

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by MightySparrow: 11:41am On Dec 30, 2014
udyheart01:
Who invented Politics In Nigeria?

devil and sons ltd
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by SAMBARRY: 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Sambarry won't eat today. grin
why not. In fact I am eating spaghetti and fish stew. If e pain you go and die smiley
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by darediamond(m): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
Yes. You get Bad news because the News Agency Of Nigeria always present Bad News every now and then about Nigeria and it people to us inside and people of the world.
kayciano:

Some dudes never knew these guys ever came up with something..
Especially here in Nigeria, where almost all we get is bad news.
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Rev dr Clement Uwemedimo .the inventor od Anti corrosive paint for QIT
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 12:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
the anti corrosive is the only anti corrosive used by oil and gas firm .and it was invented in 1980 God bless Nigeria
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by BlackSEER(m): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
One day i will be like them.Dr Ndubuise is a Great Futoite.my school no dey carry last
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by cap28: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
We need a govt that will invest millions on people like this, because Nigerians are very competent when encouraged and placed in the right environment. Can you imagine the technological advancement that we could make as a nation if we had a govt that actively funded people like this.
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by samzyworld(m): 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ok that's by d way make unn visit www.samzyworld.com
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by youngice(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Jeezuzpick:

I hear you.....

Saheed graduated from FUT Minna tho.....

I wouldn't know if he got a first class or 2-1.
That's because I finished a couple years before he did.
He was this computer wiz.....

Nice to see we're not without hope in this we country.

PS. That Chevy Volt's awesome!

Google it.
I have the video
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by yazzyb: 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
Abim olad.
Credit:- invented pinless recharge card for loading credit.
He developed rechard card that u only touch wit ur phone and it credit u right away. U dont have to scracth any card or enter long number on ur mobile phone to rechard
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by marvelyole(m): 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
Na man dem b,,,respect 2 dem
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by sugarboii(m): 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
100Cents:
Igbos, making us proud..
mumu. out of four, 3 are yorubas and you open ur stinking to call "Igbos"
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by rhames(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
Keneking:
Ok...who invented Facebook in Nigeria?

NOI and GEJ
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
1stola:

Dear Mumu,
Tribalism here too smh
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Nice1 anyway
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by SmartKillinex: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
1stola:

Dear Mumu,

haah so mumu knw mumu,, I dint know that sokoto ix in western Nigeria...smh
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by daveP(m): 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
I know we have more, besides just curious- who designed the "bolekaja" that is used to transport water and passengers back then? grin
Re: 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) by Natasha2(f): 11:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Storm Leaves A House Totally Encased In Ice On Lake Ontario, New Yor(Pics) / Rare White Baby Sea Turtle Discovered On A South Carolina Beach (Photos) / Flood In Owerri Almost Carried A Lady Away (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.