Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,316 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. (22477 Views)

Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? / Can Tithe Be Shared Amongst The Church, Stranger, Widow And The Poor? / Must Tithe Be Paid In Church??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Muiccine(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2022
You were led to do so,that tithe has been paid in full n extra,ur gesture is nt for the ordinary eyes but for GOD HIMSELF.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by ajani2311: 8:50am On Dec 04, 2022
Matthew 25:40
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”

7 Likes

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Prince500(m): 8:50am On Dec 04, 2022
Dash ur tithes to the pastors of great invisible God.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by IPDGP: 8:50am On Dec 04, 2022
What Good is it when you take your money to church whereby there is someone in need to it nearby to you.
Also tithes is not for Christians, it's for the Israelites to pay to the Levites.
And concerning teachings of tithes in the old testament check what the book of Hebrew chapter 8
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Hoodrat(m): 8:51am On Dec 04, 2022
Any church pastors taken tithes from people is a fraud.. Where are the levites?? is your pastor a levite undecided ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf221yXDAeY
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Fiscus105(m): 8:53am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:
I just like the christian on Nairaland to help me throw more light to this,
I once had my tithe with me when someone walked up to me for an assistance to discharge her family from hospital. After confirming that it's true, I just dropped my entire tithe to pay the bill and believe I had paid my tithe but somehow I was told that since I didn't drop it in the church am yet to pay my tithe.

Tithe is for God and not someone in need or in excess.

But u can give more than ur 10% of ur income for someone in need.

We should endeavor to stop hiding under, someone in need and avoiding tithe, if you are paying tithe, it doesn't stop you from giving people money, not only who are in need , but also who have in excess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Fran6ik: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2022
Jesus is the great High Priest.

He said "whatever you do to the least of my brothers, you do unto me."

If you give your tithe to his poor brothers, you gave to him the high priest.

With this the world will be a better place n hunger reduced.

Christianity would have made the world a better place if not for selfish teachings.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Sermwell(m): 8:54am On Dec 04, 2022
ptoall:
I think it is plain in the bible where tithe should be paid, Mal 3:10 God already said it should be brought to His house. Read any translation, they will all tell u the same.
Is Mal 3:10 the only scripture for tithing in the bible? Why are you ignoring other verses on tithing in the bible? Why?
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Salt06(m): 8:56am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:
I once had my tithe with me when someone walked up to me for an assistance to discharge her family from hospital. After confirming that it's true, I just dropped my entire tithe to pay the bill and believe I had paid my tithe but somehow I was told that since I didn't drop it in the church am yet to pay my tithe.

As a believer you should be led of the spirit. The holyspirit asking you to give it to someone in need can actually happen once in a while too. However the general tithe saga reveals alot; one of which is that we always try to contend with that which God wants for himself. Example is that 10% according to scripture is for God's house and 90% for us but we still want to use that part that is his. Charity can be done out of that 90% that is ours but we always seem to feel it has to be from that 10% that is his while we use our 90% for ourselves
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by sassiemyk: 8:59am On Dec 04, 2022
"Tithe" is not a Christian practice and as such shouldn't be given. But alms and other charity works should mark the life of a Christian and must be done secretly. No one should stand in front of the camera to give gifts of mercy else it becomes a show-off.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by olaeffect(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:

Can you give your rent to your landlord child that is in need?

I wonder why people just like looking for trouble where there is no trouble.
Just like rent is to be paid by someone with a tenancy relationship with a landlord, tithe is to be paid by someone who has a relationship with God. Therefore if you don't have a direct relationship with God that warrants you paying tithe please don't stress yourself.

No be everybody wey you see for house be tenant ooo. Some people na squatters they don't have any direct relationship with landlord. Likewise it is not everyone you see in church that has a relationship with God grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrColdsweat: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2022
Only fools think that God who created the sun and the universe, need their money.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Fiscus105(m): 9:01am On Dec 04, 2022
chosen124:
this month am not going to pay tax from my salary to the government i ll rather give it to someone in need in my neighborhood.
what do u think will happen to me

we belong to another kingdom - the kingdom of Christ
paying tithes doesn't stop us from helping the needy amongst us.

It would have better like this.

You will not give ur tax to govt in a particular month, but rather you use it to repair/buy certain govt property that highly needed in ur locality.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by tooth4tooth: 9:03am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:
I think this is the best way God accept tithe.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Cutehector(m): 9:03am On Dec 04, 2022
Personally, i'd rather give my tithe to a person in need, if i have to spare.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrColdsweat: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2022
Salt06:

As a believer you should be led of the spirit. The holyspirit asking you to give it to someone in need can actually happen once in a while too. However the general tithe saga reveals alot; one of which is that we always try to contend with that which God wants for himself. Example is that 10% according to scripture is for God's house and 90% for us but we still want to use that part that is his. Charity can be done out of that 90% that is ours but we always seem to feel it has to be from that 10% that is his while we use our 90% for ourselves

The church is not God's house. It's a place people gather to worship God. God is everywhere and cannot be restricted to a particular building.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Ola4lead(m): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:

Read deuteronomy 14 from verse 22 to the end

Your pastors won't tell you to read this
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by naijknight: 9:05am On Dec 04, 2022
Stop enriching your pastors , is better to give your tithe to the poor than giving it to the church ,God will not come down from heaven to collect it...know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Brooktrader: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2022
Onliie:
so if your family member is dying in hospital, you would rather pay tax than pay the bill for treatment? Urgent cases need different approach

The instruction, though simple, difficult to comprehend.

Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it. ''Malachi 3:10"

Samuel told Saul:
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams” (1 Sam. 15:22).

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 1Corithians 1:27.

Tithe is One-tenth. So, you no fit use out of the 90% save your family member, na God money own cut naim go save am?

Let's assume you've spent the 90% before the incident occured, to the carnal man, it's wise to use the tithe in saving the family member. Family member when God fit allow to perish just because of your disobedience. People sometimes spend millions for hospital bills but the person go still perish.

And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” Says the LORD of hosts; Malachi 3:11

That need you want to use the tithe for is a "TEMPTATION"
If you fall, God will not rebuke the devourer for your sake.

Note: the devourer in this case is the illness or predicament of the family member.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Adakintroy: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2022
Many of you don't have love in your hearts. Don't mean it disrespectful. If you have love you will see needs naturally and you won't Have need for this question.

Find it in you to love. Leave religion. This are the days of his spirit.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Mrpojj(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2022
undecided[sub][/sub]
blink:

No
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by legennd2: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:
I just like the christian on Nairaland to help me throw more light to this.

My sister, Only God knows whether He has accepted that as you tithe or not. If I was in you shoes, I would have done the same.

Unfortunately the church is no longer what it started as. What you did should have been done by those churches who received people's tithes but these days they are more interested in bigger auditoriums and venues and material possessions than the people the church exist for, this is why in my judgement I would have done the same as you.

Let me say this. God's 'Store house' for your tithes is wherever He wants you to pay it. There are no commandments from Him saying we MUST pay our tithes to the Church coffers. So before you 'Give' your tithe next time, make sure God is encouraging you to do it that way. Don't make it a habit by yourself. God bless you
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by HigherEd: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2022

except its a direction from God to do so it should be paid to the church u worship in

Show me the verse in scripture that says so.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Brooktrader: 9:13am On Dec 04, 2022
legennd2:

My sister, Only God knows whether He has accepted that as you tithe or not. If I was in you shoes, I would have done the same.

Unfortunately the church is no longer what it started as. What you did should have been done by those churches who received people's tithes but these days they are more interested in bigger auditoriums and venues and material possessions than the people the church exist for, this is why in my judgement I would have done the same as you.

Let me say this. God's 'Store house' for your tithes is wherever He wants you to pay it. There are no commandments from Him saying we MUST pay our tithes to the Church coffers. So before you 'Give' your tithe next time, make sure God is encouraging you to do it that way. Don't make it a habit by yourself. God bless you

So because the church is no longer as it was, it means you should disobey the instructions of God?

Were there no poor people during the time of Abraham? Why then did he pay his tithes to Melchizedek? What does that tell you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Incrediblekutty(m): 9:13am On Dec 04, 2022
Onliie:
so if your family member is dying in hospital, you would rather pay tax than pay the bill for treatment? Urgent cases need different approach

I'm not sure you read what he wrote well
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Patriotsleague: 9:14am On Dec 04, 2022
Yes, and this is the most effective tithe. Give to the needy. Remember, "whatsoever you do, for the least of my brother, that you do unto me"

It said 'the least', meaning the poorest, the needy, orphans, widows, those are who tithe is for.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by peacenow: 9:14am On Dec 04, 2022
How to pay our tithe is clearly stated in the bible please read Deuteronomy 26:12-13
New International Version
Deuteronomy 26:12-13
12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied. 13 Then say to the Lord your God: “I have removed from my house the sacred portion and have given it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, according to all you commanded. I have not turned aside from your commands or forgotten any of them.

Remember, justice, mercy and faithfulness are of more weight in the law of God. You are fulfilling one part out of four of the law of God by paying your tithe, you have to do the other three parts to complete the whole four of the law of God that Our Lord Jesus talked about in Matthew 23:23.

[b]Matthew 23 :23
New International Version

[/b]
23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Angelfrost(m): 9:14am On Dec 04, 2022
Who resurrected this thread?!! To what end exactly?!!

This tithe matter don too drag... Can we all rest already?!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Brooktrader: 9:15am On Dec 04, 2022
HigherEd:

Show me the verse in scripture that says so.

The bible is cryptic. You'll need the Holy Spirit to teach you.

Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek. There were many poor people in his time he could've given the money. But why did he pay the tithes to Melchizedek? U no ask yourself that question ni
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 04, 2022
whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren that you do unto me . If you use your tithes to help a soul in need you have helped Jesus so there’s nothing wrong after all your pastor doesn’t really know the mind of God in totality Only God knows his mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Anndrew(m): 9:17am On Dec 04, 2022
ptoall:
At the risk of sounding legalistic, you cant give ur tithe to any other place except ur local church where you are been fed the word. Malachi 3 is very clear on that. Also, tithes in the OT were administered by Levi priests (Pastors in our case).
Every giving has its place, tithes, offerings, giving to missions, alms, to parents etc have their place in the scriptures and they should be separated.
A brainwashed mofo
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Pclemenza: 9:19am On Dec 04, 2022
Tithing in church is a decision one should make, let no one push you to doing it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome: We Need Leaders With Brains In Africa / CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale / Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.