Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) (34166 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Photo: Refugee Father Uses Daughter As Collateral For N600,000 Loan / Refugee Father Uses Daughter As Collateral For N600,000 Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by deavicky(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2014
I no know say they fit take person collect loan I for don carry one of my friends go take like 72k

1 Like

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by slyopez(m): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
GhaliNaaba:
grin And the same igbo will be the one saying no need for Change in nigeria.
From their names you shall know them, GMB and co. bunch of illiterates.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by yomi007k(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2014
mcquin:

My brother I admire your argument being devoid of insults which is a rare character of pro-PDP supporters.

Now Nigeria with its wealth and potentials should be a leading African country. Where others are discussing such problems, we shouldn't.

You will agree with me that even many African countries are far better off. South Africa, Angola and a host of others are ahead of us. This is a mess PDP has led us in for over 15yrs.
There u go again, comparing SA with Nigeria. If u remove d whites from SA, u wud have a another Central African republic or Cote D'ivore down south.
The problem with the World is Africa, the problem with Africa is the Blackman, the problem with d blackman is REASONING.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by jauntty: 9:40am On Dec 30, 2014
Selling one's daughter into servitude in any form and for any reason is cruel, inhumane and harsh. I understand the dad was desperate but he should have explore other alternatives. This act cannot be justifiable in any guise. I sympathize with the innocent girl.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Dejohnbull: 9:48am On Dec 30, 2014
dridowu:
Stupi.d, senseless lender y take people for ransome
i think is there old culture send to exiled by xtianity in 1759, in remote villages in ogoja, yala, ugep, ikom, biase, akpabuyo, etc, u must have farm, house, car, child, and so on for u borrow at leas 500k
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Applaner: 9:49am On Dec 30, 2014
I blame de creditor
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by UjSizzle(f): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2014
he recalled the day he ‘sold’ her daughter into servitude.

Seriously Punch? undecided
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by UjSizzle(f): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2014
jauntty:
Selling one's daughter into servitude in any form and for any reason is cruel, inhumane and harsh. I understand the dad was desperate but he should have explore other alternatives. This act cannot be justifiable in any guise. I sympathize with the innocent girl.
Sorry o, how is this any different from giving out one's daughter as a maid in exchange for putting her through school?
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by mcquin(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2014
yomi007k:

There u go again, comparing SA with Nigeria. If u remove d whites from SA, u wud have a another Central African republic or Cote D'ivore down south.
The problem with the World is Africa, the problem with Africa is the Blackman, the problem with d blackman is REASONING.

You guys keep saying if you remove the whites in S.A. Are the whites there not nationals? What can they do that our 20billion dollars missing wealth can't?

There are lots of other African countries doing better than Nigeria in terms of living standards of individuals. Rwanda is worth mentioning. Libya prior to the war is yet another.

The problem of the Black man is supporting bad leaders for selfish reasons-religious cum ethnic sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by azeezya2007: 9:59am On Dec 30, 2014
This is money ritual
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Hamsaini: 10:04am On Dec 30, 2014
Better than using her for ritual.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by yomi007k(m): 10:09am On Dec 30, 2014
[b][/b]
mcquin:

You guys keep saying if you remove the whites in S.A. Are the whites there not nationals? What can they do that our 20billion dollars missing wealth can't?

There are lots of other African countries doing better than Nigeria in terms of living standards of individuals. Rwanda is worth mentioning. Libya prior to the war is yet another.

The problem of the Black man is supporting bad leaders for selfish reasons-religious cum ethnic sentiments.
Ur 20billion dollars will be squanderd just like we waste everything n we'll start 2 blame other ppl for our problems.
Libyans aint blacks.
Don't know about Rwanda's development.
We are saying d same thing about d problems of blackman.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by mcquin(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2014
yomi007k:
[b][/b]
Ur 20billion dollars will be squanderd just like we waste everything n we'll start 2 blame other ppl for our problems.
Libyans aint blacks.
Don't know about Rwanda's development.
We are saying d same thing about d problems of blackman.

That is the reason we should have every reason to blame GEJ and PDP for the past 15 yrs and kick them out.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by yomi007k(m): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2014
azeezya2007:
This is money ritual
For ur village abi.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by yomi007k(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2014
deavicky:
I no know say they fit take person collect loan I for don carry one of my friends go take like 72k
Make sure ur friend is female. grin
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by biodunid: 10:33am On Dec 30, 2014
Serfdom in GEJ's Transformed 21st Century Niger Delta. At least they can be consoled that their 'brother' has been in power for over five years. surely there is nothing better they can ask for.

Odi people just got N15b from the FGN but the same govt can't find a couple of billion naira to sort out this clan. Abi dey are from the wrong Niger Deltan tribe?
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by justscorch: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2014
One minute the girl na "he" next minute the father na "she" I no even know weda the creditor na man or woman
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Goldenrichard(m): 11:28am On Dec 30, 2014
the daugther should poison her father immediately
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by podosci(m): 11:52am On Dec 30, 2014
yomi007k:

Baba, u r going too far by comparing america with Nigeria.
Everytin in Africa is hard to come by-potable water,good food,technology n infrastructure. We pay more for less down here.
D question u shud ask is "if d man had a better option, would he still do dat?"
I see d man as a victim of circumstance, and he really tried as a father. I will not be emotional on ds issue.
I can bet ds same man can sell out one of his kidneys to save ds other girl.
If u've not been poor before, u won't understand wat I mean.
i understand your point.....i was fortunate enough to live a few millimeters above the poverty line, rather than stare hopeless when hungry i had enough money to buy garri and kulikuli.......ma parents were struggled but were able to giv me a decent education, ma mum had to choose at one time btw maintaining her hair and our feeding,,,,,and she cut the hair to skin and you know how precious a woman values her hair, i have lived amongst poor people ..........but things later changed and ma brothers didnt pass thru went i went thru..........there are poor people everywhere and we are all united by hunger.....
i dont blame dangote or ayenuga for not doing more to elevate poverty in the country but its their choice but i blame the greedy politicians who sit on top a huge haul of stolen wealth, wealth meant for the betterment of the populace......We lost our power over the politicians the day we chose sentiments over truth.....and we would forever be trapped in this endless line of poverty if we dont change.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by podosci(m): 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
jauntty:
Whats other option?........who in Nigeria would give u 600million Naira jst like dt? infact how many Nigerians have access to such amount of money?.......The world bank said 70% f Nigerians live below 1$ day.
Untill you are in this man shoes left to make a choice of such cruelty......if you choose differently then you have earned the moral leverage to criticize him.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by jauntty: 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
UjSizzle:

Sorry o, how is this any different from giving out one's daughter as a maid in exchange for putting her through school?

This is far different. First, the girl just lost her freedom. Her destiny is now tied to a debt which the dad is not likely to pay any time soon. Secondly the girl isn't even going to school. Seriously this is slavery ! The only difference with those ancient black slavery is that the Father has an option of buying her back. I honestly sympathize with the Dad BUT no Child deserve such treatment.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by mrfrosh: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
abiakelevra:
Na calabar all ds kind tinz d happen pls s dat how high levelz of poverty s down dere?

There's poverty in all states in Nigeria,Stop sounding like a bigot,besides you read they were displaced from their home...some people's level of reasoning sha...
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by joeisreal(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Do not blame the man so much, he was trying to save another life who is her daughter. What of if the creditor is taking good care of the girl till the father comes up with the money. I appeal to our government from federal to local level to initiate a wholesome relocation plan for the displaced Bakassi ppl. It is more than enough agony to be uprooted from ones ancestral home.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Chillis: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
Another one o.

Nigerian men and money .
They can do what ever it takes to get money.

Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by DaBullIT(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
He obtained a loan to save his daughter's life

If Nigeria made medical insurance provisions
provided for citizens instead of looting funds
and if the lender was not so heartless , taking a daughter in exchange for money

It would have been a different story

2 Likes

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by fabulousmann(f): 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
spiceemman:

Using a human as a mortgage? Why are you saying? Isn't that slavery?
its not slavery it was a common practice in the past + ppl ve brot it to d present this days they snd their children to wk 4 rich ppl who pay them(the parent) n the children are nw called house help
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by andyanders: 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
I need to have the complete details and I would wanna make the refund to the man and the little girl returned to her father.

People are wicked.A man would collect a little girl as collateral for money he gave to a man in need is pure wickedness.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Rijes: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
mcquin:

But brother it is true. This is reality staring us in the face. Would he have done that if he was atleast comfortable? Will an average American do that?

Let's begin to ask critical questions.
But an average africa can do that.
The state govt should also share the blame because:
1. He receives fed. Allocation
2. He is nearer to the people.
Stop blaming only d fg but every 1 in govt including the local govt.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by fabulousmann(f): 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
spiceemman:

Using a human as a mortgage? Why are you saying? Isn't that slavery?
its not slavery it was a common practice in d past. It has been brot to d present parent gv their children to rich ppl to wk 4 dem n pay dem(the parent) the children doing dat are nw called house helps
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by cexplorer(m): 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
Simply Child Abuse.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Theanonymous9: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
Redoil:
Using a child as collateral sound funy.
Are you pondering what i am pondering?

Yeah, you can't spell "Funny" wink
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by gr8info(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Redoil:
Using a child as collateral sound funy.
Are you pondering what i am pondering?
grin I think so brain...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / My Wife Is Sleeping With Our Pastor, Has Two Children With Other Men / Reasons You Should Not Divorce Your Man Because He Can't Satisfy You Sexually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.