Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) (34168 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Photo: Refugee Father Uses Daughter As Collateral For N600,000 Loan / Refugee Father Uses Daughter As Collateral For N600,000 Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Aringon(m): 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:
As a father let me pretend as if what the man did was not morally challenging and bash the the money lender for having the mind to loan someone some money and collect his child as collateral. It was too harsh, I would rather not help the man!

Back to that man, I agree desperation can push a man to do the incomprehensible but don't he has relations, don't he belong to a religious group, don't he belong to an association, has he never had of NGOs who could help?

In his shoes I will explore these avenues and not rob peter to pay Paul.

Agreed desperation can lead a man to situation like this, it is a time like this you will know ur true friends and relatives.
Talking about religious bodies, it is now " every man for himself" churches are now selfish, if u r not rich forget it. Church members have cliques of rich members, it is saddening to say the least
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by MistadeRegal(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
Redoil:
Using a child as collateral sound funy.
Are you pondering what i am pondering?

Story for the Pinky and the Brains
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by soulglo: 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
Why are people not in jail over it. All kinds of laws have been broken here
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by mcquin(m): 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Rijes:

But an average africa can do that.
The state govt should also share the blame because:
1. He receives fed. Allocation
2. He is nearer to the people.
Stop blaming only d fg but every 1 in govt including the local govt.

My brother if the head is good, the body will follow suit. You can't have a bad leader that accommodates corruption at the helm of affairs and expect others to fall in line.

We need to change our style of play. You can't keep trying PDP for 15yrs and expect something different.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Rijes: 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
mcquin:

My brother if the head is good, the body will follow suit. You can't have a bad leader that accommodates corruption at the helm of affairs and expect others to fall in line.

We need to change our style of play. You can't keep trying PDP for 15yrs and expect something different.
Apc are pdp dump place. 80% of apc are former pdp members. Atleast we should also hold our state govt to ransom.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by mcquin(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Rijes:

Apc are pdp dump place. 80% of apc are former pdp members. Atleast we should also hold our state govt to ransom.

The last time I checked the persons at the hem of affairs of the party were never decampees. Every party needs numbers and the decampees only make the number. Now the way you go about the decampees makes it seem there ain't persons in the part other than decampees? People no they also decamp go PDP?

So long as it is a rival party, it is good enough for our democracy. Were you not thought that a one party system isn't healthy for any country?
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
stag:
I see an irrational and spontaneous, but loving father.

And a see the quintessential heart of man in the creditor. Whoever takes such advantage of a helpless father acting on the emotions he has for his daughter.

On the flip side, was there hope the sick daughter would have been cured or the 600 was only to prolong her life?

Really sad. What Mary is going through can never bring back the man's 600k, so why the need to make the poor girl suffer for the father's debt? I feel for both Mary and the helpless dad. But if he didn't give up Mary, what is the worst the lender could have done? Probably Put the father behind bars for a few months? I think this (unfortunately) is a better alternative in my opinion than this slavery.

As for your last paragraph, whatever the outcome the doctors had told them, I believe the father couldn't just fold his arms to allow his daughter die. He just had to give it his all even if it would end up not curing her.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Rijes: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
mcquin:

The last time I checked the persons at the hem of affairs of the party were never decampees. Every party needs numbers and the decampees only make the number. Now the way you go about the decampees makes it seem there ain't persons in the part other than decampees? People no they also decamp go PDP?

So long as it is a rival party, it is good enough for our democracy. Were you not thought that a one party system isn't healthy for any country?
If only one of ur so called apc governors nd politician can swear in front of god of thun.der that they dont have billions in their foreign acct, I will believe them
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by mcquin(m): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2014
Rijes:

If only one of ur so called apc governors nd politician can swear in front of god of thun.der that they dont have billions in their foreign acct, I will believe them

My brother you still getting it wrong.

Okay check the percormance of these APC and PDP governors and you'll realize that that of the APC dwarfs PDP. The only PDP governor performing appears to be Akpabio. But I don't have to tell you, go online and see the performance of APC governors.

If GEJ had stolen everything and performed, no one will complain. That was what Ghadaffi did. He was a good leader even though he was power drunk.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Rijes: 8:09am On Jan 01, 2015
mcquin:

Okay check the percormance of these APC and PDP governors and you'll realize that that of the APC dwarfs PDP. The only PDP governor performing appears to be Akpabio. But I don't have to tell you, go online and see the performance of APC governors.

If GEJ had stolen everything and performed, no one will complain. That was what Ghadaffi did. He was a good leader even though he was power drunk.
mcquin:

The issue here is that makes me more angry is when people try to read or state the performance of apc govt. To my best of knowledge, ALL politician are thieves whether from apc or any where including my governor rochas the gentle thief or amaechi.
Why many lies and propanganda have not been exposed corncerning apc is because apc have more paid e-rodent who will praise apc and condemn other politician.
I am living in imo and i can reveal to you scams about free education in imo.Currently in my home town i am enjoying a 65 km federal road built by gej. This roads connects six village md touches onitsha-owerri fed. road.
My village have never seen electricity or owned any phcn station in itfor over six years. we do not only have transformer or any phcn office and damaged pole. Thanks to gej, he has built and rehabilitated all the poles and above a power transmission substation.
The second niger still on premilinary stage and the building of over 200km roads which leads to the bridge.
So why on earht should i not vote for the man who touched the hearts of my people.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by khiaa(f): 4:25am On Feb 13, 2015
Some Nigerians are still selling their people into slavery so sad, they still haven't learned from their ancestors foolishness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by francizy(m): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2015
Rijes:

The issue here is that makes me more angry is when people try to read or state the performance of apc govt. To my best of knowledge, ALL politician are thieves whether from apc or any where including my governor rochas the gentle thief or amaechi.
Why many lies and propanganda have not been exposed corncerning apc is because apc have more paid e-rodent who will praise apc and condemn other politician.
I am living in imo and i can reveal to you scams about free education in imo.Currently in my home town i am enjoying a 65 km federal road built by gej. This roads connects six village md touches onitsha-owerri fed. road.
My village have never seen electricity or owned any phcn station in itfor over six years. we do not only have transformer or any phcn office and damaged pole. Thanks to gej, he has built and rehabilitated all the poles and above a power transmission substation.
The second niger still on premilinary stage and the building of over 200km roads which leads to the bridge.
So why on earht should i not vote for the man who touched the hearts of my people.

Don't mind those APC people.. Am not a fan of GEJ but I don't see any bit of good in APC governors profile...

They will always tell you the governors performed better than APC governors and with the info am exposed to about Lagos, I've always challenged them to mention a right by Fashola and I will present them two wrongs by same Fashola.. All they do is keep their mouths shut because they know how much damage Fashola caused in Lagos but chose to keep a blind eye..

Buhari will never bring anything good in Nigeria because from the interviews I've witnessed, and his statements, it shows he will be worse than GEJ..

How will a man who claims to be a man of integrity say that he will pardon past leaders when he starts fighting corruption? Who are the corrupt crooks? Are the not the past leaders?

If one wants to put an end to something, is it not wise to tackle the past criminals so that people coming in will come in with clean hands after seeing what happened to the other criminals?

Also, there was one of his interview he was asked how he intends to/will tackle corruption. All our Oga General could say was..

The institution has been compromised, it's not the same as in the military regime. So it is a different scenario.

The interviewer indirectly asked another question related to him battling corruption since he couldn't even provide a simple and straight forward answer to it the first time. Oga Buhari said again that the institution has been compromised... Blah blah blah..

So I ask all these e-thugs.. How will this man fight the corruption he was one of the people that started as a Petroleum Minister when Nigeria lost about $2.8billion?

There is no difference between GEJ and Buhari, Period!
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by francizy(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2015
khiaa:
Some Nigerians are still selling their people into slavery so sad, they still haven't learned from their ancestors foolishness.

Dear, you haven't seen anything.. Nigerians enslave not only their family members but themselves also.. Go thru the politics section and see how people who collected peanuts from politicians are behaving insanely just to sell their candidates..

Some go as far as killing other people just because their candidate lost election. What slavery can be worst than that...

That is why our criminal minded bigots of politicians utilize the gullibility of the masses and campaign using every bigotry means...
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by azeezya2007: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, my brothers from another mothers,
fellow Nairalanders kindly advise my brother got his non immigrants visa March 20th on medical for himself and his son that needs medical attention but due to the health complications of the child the dector in Nigeria advice that his current treatment should completed before visiting the USA ie on a grand that if there know any improvements recorded. Please advise what he should be expecting at Port of entry and what he must do to avoid any delays at the port of entry.
Re: Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) by Tawakalituolas: 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good evening house,I am now member and I 'm so happy to be here. My name is olawunmi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / My Wife Is Sleeping With Our Pastor, Has Two Children With Other Men / Reasons You Should Not Divorce Your Man Because He Can't Satisfy You Sexually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.