Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

should I retain or take this new job - pls advice - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / should I retain or take this new job - pls advice (17842 Views)

I Desperately Need A Job, Pls Help Me I Beg You / I Just Got A Job-pls Advise / Skill Test By Dragnet For Oil & Gas Job: Pls Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by PastorAji(m): 6:31am On Dec 31, 2014
WALAHI AWON OMODE PO NI NAIRALAND OOOO
acidtalk:

Are you okay? What has come over this children that have taken over nairaland?

What has your dumb comment have to do with his question. Well, judging from your picture you look like a really dull fellow.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 31, 2014
It's a difficult one, if ur new job will last for atleast six month and above, please take it n make proper plan n preparation for future while working there, but if ur new job will not last up to six month, please don't take it, the time is too short. Above all seek God's direction.

Happy new year in advance!
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Reference(m): 6:41am On Dec 31, 2014
I wish you will take the new job so that you can set the timer to your aspirations or career decay. The fact that you donot have a course in life to chart means its time for a memory reboot which MTN will offer.

I believe it is the duty of the youth in Nigeria to embrace creativity and enterprise. There is just too much lacking in this country and too many potential players on the bench blaming government and one another. Remember, they are all employed team members.

Your choice should be towards your ultimate goal. Liberty, creativity and enterprise. Period.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Rhozabeth(m): 6:53am On Dec 31, 2014
Bros take up the new job, let ur spending remain the same, save as much money as possible, begin now to think of the problem you can solve in the Nigeria of today (that is the business you can do) after the expiration of your contract and bros do not forget to pray for God's guidance every step of the way. Wish u luck.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Nonkit(m): 7:45am On Dec 31, 2014
I would take the new job. Am a risk taker. Nothing is guatanteed in live. The short job might give you connection to a better job and the seemingly stable one may not be there next month. I would take 200K and sit at home to look for better jobs after if i have to.

...he has said it all.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Alarib(m): 7:46am On Dec 31, 2014
Well....based on the fact that I took same risk sometime ago, I'd say u analyse both jobs well enough. If the new contract is going to last @ least say 6 months then go for it.....but there should always be a clause that if u are let go off before the stipulated time then u are entitled to a pay off. With Ur current job of 40k it might take u light years to send ur mum or siblings cash...or even save for a business which would supplement ur income.....and is also a contract job which could end @ any time as well.
Pray God guides u in making this decision.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 31, 2014
domwas2:
If u were working in a company as a contract staff & u saw another opportunity in a company to work as same contract staff on an MTN project which they will pay 5times d salary u earn at d present place what will u do?

To be specific Remember the MTN project is for a limited time 200k & d present place job is on as d company moving & managing with 40k...

What will be u stand, pls urgent thanks guys

Just stick with your current job and tell MTN you got someone to replace you. Then fix me and we'll be sharing the earning from MTN 50/50. That way, you benefit from the new job while still keeping the current one. Fair deal isn't it?. I'll be waiting for you to contact me. See my signature.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by ibrutex(m): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2014
Connect me with the old one guy plz
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by jingh(f): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2014
hayoakins:

Even if it is for 3 months, he should go for it as he will earn in 3 months what he won't earn in one year on the present job. The savings can be used to kick start a business or survived on before he gets as new job.

100NGN now is better than 100NGN in future, it is called the time value of money.
dats tru but if he lose d job before he could save enough to start a business.

No forget A BIRD AT HAND.......
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by olumzzz(m): 9:09am On Dec 31, 2014
jingh:
you said limited time !
what will happen if the limited time is 3 month dats 600 thousand but you lose an already prepare but little 120k.
stick with the present
jingh:
you said limited time !
what will happen if the limited time is 3 month dats 600 thousand but you lose an already prepare but little 120k.
stick with the present
Madam, his present job is on contract basis...Wch means he can get laid off @ anytime without benefits. ..So I suggest u reconsider ur advice as both jobs r contract based bt one pays more...plus I can't advice a man 2 stick with a 40k job
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by hayoakins(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2014
jingh:
dats tru but if he lose d job before he could save enough to start a business.

No forget A BIRD AT HAND.......

That's if he loses the job before getting the first salary.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by jingh(f): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2014
olumzzz:

Madam, his present job is on contract basis...Wch means he can get laid off @ anytime without benefits. ..So I suggest u reconsider ur advice as both jobs r contract based bt one pays more...plus I can't advice a man 2 stick with a 40k job
if d first job is contract base it a go but if it is not, A bird at hand
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by walata2011(m): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2014
Go for the new job since it pays better and it will also add to your work experience.
You can always hunt for a new job while on the contract and also develop yourself.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
domwas2:
If u were working in a company as a contract staff & u saw another opportunity in a company to work as same contract staff on an MTN project which they will pay 5times d salary u earn at d present place what will u do?

To be specific Remember the MTN project is for a limited time 200k & d present place job is on as d company moving & managing with 40k...

if am in the shoe. I will go for the new job not only for the money but its gonna help the c.v also meaning more challenging and have made u qualify for something better. The job may be scarce but I must tell u experience on different kinds of challenges will help later.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by StoneColdBiceps(m): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
domwas2:

Dis is a typical breakthrough my friend had dis year 2014, 3 months now. He was recieving 45K as contract staff wit a bank, so an opportunity came for him to go to another african country as a project expertrait wit desame bank. Now he collects as basic salary 8 times his former salary, talking almost 400K as basic not adding allowance yet o. D project is to last for 2 years. He went on xmas holiday wit a friend to US and will bé back soon.

So pls accept d elevated salry as u will meet ur next next level there. Besides ur new salary will open doors for ur bargaining power for top offers.

Enjoy while it last!
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by mystiqueem(f): 1:05am On Jan 01, 2015
GodMode:

Be professional when u write things like this...

Never mention the name of the companies involved publicly

Why? What's wrong with actual names?
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by GodMode: 1:07am On Jan 01, 2015
mystiqueem:

Why? What's wrong with actual names?

Its unprofessional.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by fuckerholic(m): 6:46am On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=jingh post=29348153]you said limited time !
stick with the present[/quote
Women always afraid of risk taking and taking new bold adventurous steps, always relying on the seen and that is one big blockade to their breakthrough.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by fuckerholic(m): 6:47am On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=jingh post=29348153]you said limited time !
stick with the present[/quote
Women always afraid of risk taking and taking new bold adventurous steps,always sleeping on a comfort zone, always relying on the seen and the one at hand,that is one big blockade to their breakthroug making them never to go far in life.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 02, 2015
Guy am sure you have your personal development plan and ambition..do a background check quickly on the new offer and the guys already within as per corporate discipline as they are both contract jobs..also you seem single so less responsibilties..take the new job,yes the pay is higher but look more at the better network,pray,improve your confidence level,save up though I know you will sure increase your spending..remember you have not arrived yet...please make more relations that will inspire your passion..we all fear but we will all still lose something or die someday..in btw I hope the new contract is 6months minimum duration..best of luck.
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 02, 2015
I forgot to add that you keep your search lights for better opportunities on as you don't have to stay till the end of the contract...there is no best job as there is always something better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Find Companies That Are Hiring / Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? / Kaduna Government Creates 130,021 Jobs In 365 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.