Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Open Message to Davidylan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Message to Davidylan (1896 Views)

An Open Message To Our First Lady / Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation / Open Message To Mrs Dora Akunyili On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Open Message to Davidylan by Lagosboy: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2008
@Davidylan

I tried to dig out to find the personality behind the name Davidylan of nairaland and luck came my way but what struck me most was the fact that I knew him personally in those days in Naija.  what has come about that you now devote a great time to inciting religious hatred knowingly or unknowingly. I knew you back in the days as a smart guy who followed football well and good with his books. At a time when I used to follow politics and football and you were devoted to writing “wild seeds” (hope that’s the title its been 11 years) …. I still remember the last sentence “up on the tree were 2 birds mating”. Although, I haven’t seen you in the last 10 or 11 years I know you must be doing well in whatever field you are a engaged in.

We are at time when we should be promoting religious harmony and not inciting hatred. There are differences in religious doctrine no doubt but we should come together on what we agree and leave what we disagree to rest. The religious attacks would lead to nowhere and has no objective. I could sit here and attack Christianity all day long on things I disagree with but it makes no sense to me as I am a person that would like to lead my people one day. A leader must be able to tolerate and accommodate religious and ethnic diversity as diversity is what makes the world an interesting place.

Terrorism is everywhere and not exclusive to Islam. There are violent verses in the Bible as well as the Quran. Muslims fought wars in the past and so did the Christian crusaders. Today some Russian soldiers got blessed by priests before invading Chechnya so as the US army have chaplains that support the killings in Iraq. There are bad Christians and there are bad Muslims. There are several known fraudulent pastors who defraud vulnerable poor people of the tithe and get fat on it. For me to now say Christians are heartless and fraudulent bunch of people would be in idiotic statement from me. There are pastors who kill innocent children and call them witches this is a heinous crime to humanity no doubt but the fact remains they are bad Christians and it is not Christianity that taught them that.

I have read and ignored your posts for the past 19 months or thereabout but the peak of the matter was when u said “Islam should be outlawed”. When I read that, I concluded you were the dumbest person on earth then I tried to investigate the real person behind this Davidylan and astonishingly I knew you!!! I knew u as a very smart boy but its just the hate in you that manifests into that statement. Even the pope, Archbishops, Your hero George Bush would never say such a thing. Ironically this very faith u hate is the fastest growing in your backyard in US as more and more people Christians, atheist and free thinkers convert to Islam of which you cannot deny but you are helpless in stopping the trend.

My brother please just retrace your steps and lets join our hands together for the development of our beloved country and not spread hate amongst ourselves. Funny many people think you are the worst poster at the religious section of NL. Don’t use religion to divide our people Nigeria needs bright minds like you to move forward not drawing us back with your extreme FAR RIGHT FANATISM.

I would live you to guess who could be this that knew you in Abeokuta. You shouldn’t have much problem in guessing right if you reflect backwards well

O.O Idowu (his wife was muslim), Femi Oyewole RIP. They never taught us this hate!!!!

N.B do you remember “where is my pencil” hahahahaha.   ur more than all this hate messages. How can you be a future leader with all this bias and deep rooted hate!!!!
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by ow11(m): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2008
@post

Why are you searching for him? This is a place where people are allowed to voice their innermost thoughts without reprimand because they can hide under the cloud of annonymity. If he wanted to be known, he would have used his real name instead of a pseudonym to state his thoughts.

You should have done well to send him a private email if you think you have to take things spewed on a public forum serious. That would have been a better route to take rather than opening a thread to claim you know him ( that is if you really do).
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by theopops: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2008
You know what amazes me most about this letter, is that you decided to use his real names here. This is the internet and people prefer to be anonymous. If you really wanted to pass this message across to just him, you could easily have sent him an email.

That said, where is this census about everybody turning to Islam in the States? I keep reading about this, but I am yet to get a percentage of the population that has turned to the religion.

Also, I just read about the kid that has moved to Somalia to join the jihad fighters and you want us to just sit back and not talk about what is happening? You just want us to look and smile, while young men are recruited into these devilish groups, just to kill all of us? We should not say anything about the forceful spread of your religion?

Lets be real here and call a spade a spade. If people choose to kill themselves all because of a religion, I probably do not have a problem with that, but when you start to target others (outside of your religion), then we have to talk about it. Just like a lot of us here, my grandmother is a muslim, I have muslim uncles, but that does not stop me from speaking out about the evil of the religion. We all know one or two muslims, the ones we call moderate muslims and even the fanatics say that, there aint no moderate muslims. So what do you want us to do or say?

I think it is unfair to call David dumb, cos he is pointing out the obvious. Clean out your mess and maybe, just maybe, we will stop talking about your religion.

Peace.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by doyin13(m): 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2008
hehehehe. . . .

I kinda prefer Moyin. . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Lagosboy: 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2008
A million apologies for the names and it has been deleted . It was a genuine error on my part. My brother once again the names have been deleted and its after very few views and i beg for forgiveness for the mentioned name.!!!!!!
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Jarus(m): 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2008
Save mentioning David's real name, Lagosboy did a good job. This is not the first time Davidylan will be called to order, even by his Christian brethrens.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Muza(m): 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2008
but who is logosboy,he just joined wit 4 posts and he knows david,
wat moral right does he hav to expose anyone whe he too is using a pseudo
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by ikamefa(f): 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2008
doyin13:

hehehehe. . . .

I kind of prefer Moyin. . . .  grin grin grin grin

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  * roll eyes*  undecided angry
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Pataki: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2008
The rate at which some people dedicate their life time to investigate members of this forum is alarming. The other day a Arrow was able to steal into my facebook profile and steal my picture to post it here on nairaland despite the fact that I have limited access to just my friends on facebook.

Oh well their headache. undecided
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Lagosboy: 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2008
@muza

NL is an open view forum and you dont need to be registered to view posts. Some people just read and never contribute or post anything neither do they register. So when a person registers and decides to post there shouldnt be a problem should there?
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Muza(m): 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2008
Lagosboy:

@muza

NL is an open view forum and you don't need to be registered to view posts. Some people just read and never contribute or post anything neither do they register. So when a person registers and decides to post there shouldnt be a problem should there?
theres absolutely no prob.
welcome on board newbie grin
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2008
LagosBoy . . . sorry i don't remember you because you leave me no clues.

But its funny that you took so much time into trying to figure out who i am . . . there are times i am 150% glad i no longer live in nigeria because with people like you my life wont be safe. Its folks like you who eat with your neighbour with ur left hand and kill him with ur right.

Back to the issues you raise . . . i've seen it all before . . . nothing new besides accusing everyone of "hating" your faith.

You made this very funny statement: Even the pope, Archbishops, Your hero George Bush would never say such a thing.

Do you remember the "outrage" that followed the pope's comments on islam?  smiley I'm sure you didnt forget so fast.
Do you remember 9-11? I'm sure that's why Bush "would never say such a thing". . . he has troops in Afghanistan and in Iraq . . . if he said the truth about your faith . . . Americans will pay for it with their blood.

That is the type of faith you have and i'm sorry its just PLAIN FACTS.

I lived with muslims all my life, even grew up with them . . . sept 11, 2001 changed my perspective forever. Rather than waste your time hunting me down, you'd do well to preach the message of peace to your own brethren.

Oh and you also said something i thot was simply absurd - Don’t use religion to divide our people Nigeria

I'm not sure you live in Nigeria . . . heard about the latest Jos crisis?
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by CodeRED(f): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2008
Jesus son of Mary.Are people this jobless? @poster, no job to do? I mean there must be something productive you can find yourself doing that peddling shit.

Then again, this is how others feel when rumours fly about them too.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2008
Lagosboy:

A million apologies for the names and it has been deleted . It was a genuine error on my part. My brother once again the names have been deleted and its after very few views and i beg for forgiveness for the mentioned name.!!!!!!

Forgiveness for what? childish stuff like that dont bother me.

You had my email staring at you . . . you could have used it.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Jakumo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2008
Lagos Boy,  thankfully you at least showed the good form not to name names, because even if you were dead wrong about the true identity of the shadowy, enigmatic, elusive and spectral Davidylan, such an "expose" could have endangered a wrongly-accused person who may never in their life have written so much as a solitary word in the Nairaland internet forum.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by cholera: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2008
CodeRED:

Jesus son of Mary.Are people this jobless?  @poster, no job to do? I mean there must be something productive you can find yourself doing that peddling shit.

Then again, this is how others feel when rumours fly about them too.

i wonder oooo

hello love kiss kiss
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by HRhotness(f): 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2008
** i think this shd have been posted in the Dating and Meeting Zone. . . ** tongue
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by CodeRED(f): 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2008
cholera:

i wonder oooo

hello love kiss kiss

Lard ah carnt keep up wid yo gal, weting now? kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss, rushing to work,
catch u laters on the other side,
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Lagosboy: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2008
@Davidylan

The pope talked abt 11th century wars and muslims were involved and so as christian crusaders. Never said anything like a religion should be outlawed.

Talking about email , this is an open message for people to read and also encourage others from spreading hate. I would email you personally though!!

"Islam should be outlawed" is the comment i detest and saying it is an outrrageous statement that religious leaders wouldnt even say. Are you saying 1.2 billion people in the world should be outlawed?

I am from a family dominated by christians with christian siblings and i happen  to be the only muslim and we live in peace and respect for each others faith.

All I am saying is the hate messages is not the solution to terrorism!! and terrorism is not exclusive to islam.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2008
Lagosboy . . you've said nothing new i repeat.

If the statement i made hurt u i sincerely apologise to all muslims. The comment was not meant to be taken seriously as i expect we are all aware this is the internet anyway.

I come across comments like "God no get bosom" everyday . . . and no one throws tantrums. The question i ask is "why are muslims so sensitive to everything under the sun"? Can someone be bold enough to kindly provide a salient answer?
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by RibaduFan(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2008
@poster

This is what I call BLACKMAIL. If u were really interested in correctly Davidlyn, as a friend, u could have emailed him. But u decided to qoute his names and other personal info on a public forum. If the young man has offended God, then let God judge him, Why take the law into ur hands, y incite others against him (cause in my opinion this is the exact thing u ve done). Belive it or not, u ve in way put him at risk. Apologising would not do. I actually think u should be stopped from contributing again on this forum.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by PapaBrowne(m): 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2008
Thank goodness Davidylan lives in the U.S!!
Lagosboy,What on earth made you try to trail him so bad? Hmmmm. . . I reserve my comments!

Anyways, I think its time you start thinking seriously about your religion.

The bad christians you mentioned are criticized mostly by Christians. Nobody criticizes them, like Christians do.
On the other hand, any attempt to criticize the so called bad muslims, gets you guys into a jihad frenzy.

Seriously, you need to rethink your religious ideologies.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Lagosboy: 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2008
@yemmyse

I have not icited anyone to him i was just demonstrating to him that I knew him. I have not seen or had his contact for ard 11 years so this is no blackmail.

If you read it well i stated my grudge and expressed what statement stepped over the boundaries of political or religous debate which is "islam should be outlawed"

Davidylan has apologised to all muslims for that statement and I personally accept it and lets move on. This is a good sign that at least an error could be brought to ones attention and he accepted. I am impressed by it and to all muslims on NL Read Davidylan's comment below.

davidylan:

Lagosboy . . you've said nothing new i repeat.

If the statement i made hurt u i sincerely apologise to all muslims. The comment was not meant to be taken seriously as i expect we are all aware this is the internet anyway.

I come across comments like "God no get bosom" everyday . . . and no one throws tantrums. The question i ask is "why are muslims so sensitive to everything under the sun"? Can someone be bold enough to kindly provide a salient answer?

Muslims are sensitive to this because it is a religious obligation for muslims to defend the honour of God and all his prophets. They would be sensitive to it as well if ill things were said of Jesus or Moses. This doesnt neccessarily mean voilence. an example is what i have done here is raise objection.

That is one of the differences in faiths, some faith might not take offence but other faiths would do and they have a right it should be respected. As long as the defence is not in an illegal and unlawful manner.

Diversity is interesting and we Nigerians especially our generation should all work towards Unity in diversity and shed tribalism and religious extremism.

Concerning I havent said anything new. Of course there is nothing new under the sun and whatever i have said is just a reminder and bringing to your attention what u might have overlooked. We are all humans and Islam we are taught the Quran is a reminder. So all i have done is to remind and explain facts you probably know.

peace

@papabrowne

I did not trail him bad its just a simple internet search and that was all. I dont live in Nigeria either!! Saying islam should be outlawed is not criticising bad muslims but 1.2 billion muslims. I hope u see d difference.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2008
Lagosboy:

Muslims are sensitive to this because it is a religious obligation for muslims to defend the honour of God and all his prophets. They would be sensitive to it as well if ill things were said of Jesus or Moses. This doesnt neccessarily mean voilence. an example is what i have done here is raise objection.

huh? lipsrsealed

We all know that's a blatant lie.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by doyin13(m): 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2008
Dafidi. . . .

with this ur name eh. . .we can be a tag team

Crusaders in cahoots

Doyin and . . . . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by dayokanu(m): 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2008
Islam is very hypocritical!!!!
@lagosboy,

You are fine with the "kill all infidel" quote. but incensed because David said Islam should be outlawed?

I have never seen a group of "moderate" Moslems demonstrating against terrorist acts of the fanatical ones they just turn a blind eye. Yet Millions of xtians all over the world protested against the Iraq war by George Bush.

Probably the moderate moslems were sipping champaign to every news of moslem terrorism round the world
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by chidichris(m): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2008
poster,
we are not all this jobless that u can post any shit that comes to ur mind here or is it bcs it is free?
the moderator of this forum shld have done justice to this thread b4 now.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2008
why are muslims so quick criticising a christain for venting their anger on the internet but do little to those amongst their midst who kill in the name of religion

Anyday christainity identifies with murdering others for the sake of Religion, if I can't do anything to effect change, I will denounce and repudiate the religion.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by onyengbu1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2008
Davidylan,

Dont you think its time to run? This guy seems too jobless to do more than tracing you.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by cholera: 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2008
can smone pls lock dis posters thread,its too boring
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Lagosboy: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2008
@dayokanu

Terrorism is faced not only by Christians but by the entire world population. Pakistan has experienced hundred of terrorism attacks in the last year. Bhutto was killed and several Muslims have been killed in Muslim countries Jordan , Saudi Arabia etc. There are several militants in Saudi prisons, Egyptian prisons and Yemeni prisons. The way to tackle the problem in our midst is through ideological and intelectuall means and not through mere protests. Several Muslim scholars tackle this issue within our midst. I live in the UK and I knw all the good work we do in conjuction with local councils to confront extremism in our midst.

@davidylan
Jesus and Moses are beloved and sacred in Islam and I challenge you to produce any attack by any Muslim against this noble prophets. It is our duty to defend them and all prophets when evil things are said abt them. I repeat the defence should not be unlawful.

Folks dont misunderstand my post but try to understand the main message I am preaching against is d spread of hate messages.

@dayokanu
Again if u said some Muslims are hypocritical I wouldn't mind but for u to say ISLAM IS HYPOCRITICAL means u are saying the 1.2  billion Muslims are bunch of hypocrites which I would object to. We talk of exremism of Muslims and on the other hand go extreme in castigating all Muslims and this is what I am talking against.
Re: Open Message to Davidylan by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2008
Lagosboy:

@davidylan
Jesus and Moses are beloved and sacred in Islam and I challenge you to produce any attack by any Muslim against this noble prophets. It is our duty to defend them and all prophets when evil things are said about them. I repeat the defence should not be unlawful.

bros . . . we both know this is awfully false . . . sorry to repeat myself. There are images of Jesus Christ made with chocolate complete with a p enis . . . where was the muslim "outrage"? where were you?

There are cartoons of Moses and Christ . . . caricatures of them everywhere . . . where is your "outrage"? Remember what we all had to endure when some faraway guy tried to caricature your prophet?

I challenge you that if i say the name of Christ be outlawed you wont be bothered one bit. Enough with the hypocrisy.

Lagosboy:

Folks don't misunderstand my post but try to understand the main message I am preaching against is d spread of hate messages.

where was your "preaching" during sept 11? Where was it when Madrid was attacked?
Where was it in Kaduna, Jos, Kano, Sokoto, Syria?
Where was it on 7-7 on the london tubes?

Is it only when islam is "slighted" that you start preaching? Is it "hate" ONLY when islam is allegedly attacked?

Sorry, the rest of us have eyes now . . . the PC police cant blind us no more. If you dislike the frank truth you can stop reading my posts . . . it isnt by force.

(1) (2)

Dora Is Gone! / Yoruba Is The Second Most Widely Spoken Language In Southwark, London / Ten Interesting but Inexhaustive Facts About The Early Life Of Nelson Mandela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.