Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) (38654 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns In Ondo In Style - Photos / Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns In Okene, Kogi State (Pictures) / Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:23am On Dec 31, 2014
allcomage:

This road show is beginning to get on my nerves. Thank heaven am not partisan. What policies and plans of action have they articulated ? I have not seen any. The duo should know that this contest is not Lagos state governorship contest. Lagos is just one out of 36 states. They should not be deceived by hypes on the social media. Apc need a lot of work to do. Anyway, When I look at it deeper,I see in these apc/pdp issues as a contest of three major ethnic groups trying to outsmart one another in the struggle for power.
This is where most people get it twisted. It is a contest of individuals who use the three major ethnic groups as pawns. The ethnic groups are just used and dumped.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by KHAYGOLD(m): 6:38am On Dec 31, 2014
hawk05:
Rochas Okorocha nko?

Talking of the highest political office here in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by DonaldGenes(m): 6:38am On Dec 31, 2014
alberto2k:
Take the change everywhere man, we gotcha ya back!

APC and BUHARI, Osinbajo all d way!
If e dey pain u, Bribe super mods to delete all the comment above me so i'll make FTC
grin

I like this guy
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by hawk05(m): 6:47am On Dec 31, 2014
KHAYGOLD:

Talking of the highest political office here in Nigeria.
oh! Got that.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by udyheart01(m): 7:10am On Dec 31, 2014
muh4lyf:
You are the one to check your brain cos you had been brainwashed...
As As How Now?
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by bonesofdavid: 7:16am On Dec 31, 2014
grin undecidedThis is very strategic even GEJ used shoelessnes as a smokescreen too
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by tola9ja: 7:36am On Dec 31, 2014
The road to Aso Rock does not go through Minna

Category: Opinion Published on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 05:00 Written by Abu Najakku danbellojikanyari@yahoo.com Hits: 3773
View Comments
On Sunday, a pro-Jonathan news-paper led with a screaming but amusing headline: IBB Endorses Jonathan. It followed President Goodluck Jonathan’s visit to the Minna home of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) on Satur-day, 27th December, 2014. At the end of the visit, Babangida reportedly told the media: “What I will say is simple: The President means well for this country and he is working well for this country. Anybody who means well for this country should support the President to make sure that Nigeria survives as a united country.”
Following the news report, we exchanged text messages with a bitter pro-Buhari friend who used harsh words to describe what he considered Babangida’s insufferable support for the president. He said Babangida is against the presidential quest of Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and is openly backing Dr Goodluck Jonathan. My flustered friend wondered which interest of Babangida would be served by the Jonathan presidency for another four years and I referred him to the “President...is working well for this country” quote of Jonathan’s host. By now, my friend had put in a call and he burst out with a loud laughter at another mention of “the President means well...and is working well for this country.”
I reminded the fellow that in 2011, Buhari carried Niger State and told him he will win it by an even wider margin in 2014. In the end, I felt happy that my friend was able to overcome his sour mood. He had summarised the matter himself: The whole contest is between those (like Ibrahim Babangida) who think that the “President means well.....and is working well for this country” and those who believe that Jonathan’s entire presidency is a disaster and has imperilled the survival of Nigeria “as a united country.”
In any case, I couldn’t help but pity those politicians scrambling for Babangida’s endorsement for the simple fact that his endorsement has no plus point. To begin with, Babangida and his visitor are two of a kind: The “I will never fail you”, “I will give you fresh air”, all sound like “we will bequeath an economically viable, politically stable and socially virile country” continuously mouthed by Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida beginning from 27th August, 1985 to 1993. If Babangida delivered, Jonathan will deliver. Regrettably, instead of the democratically elected government he promised, Babangida ended his misadventure in government by hoisting one Earnest Shonekan at the head of some nebulous interim national government.
In 2007, Babangida was warming up to succeed General Olusegun Obasanjo at the Aso Villa but the latter refused to cooperate with him. On 15th September, 2010, Babangida journeyed to the Eagle square to declare a presidential ambition, it came to nought. In 2011, he failed to get selected as the North’s consensus candidate that would face Jonathan in the PDP presidential primaries. What is the worth of a man beaten by Atiku Abubakar in the race to emerge as the consensus candidate, not of Nigeria, but just a region of it?
Here is Babangida’s current political worth: A few months ago, his son, Muhammed was warming up to contest the governorship of Niger State on the platform of the family’s political party of choice, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). But after surveying the treacherous terrain, the young man noiselessly withdrew. This is no battlefield for the use of “incisive military skill” to get your hands on a state governor’s office. The Babangida family cannot afford to have Muhammed defeated in an election, but even more terrifying is the mountain of mud that will be thrown up by opponents. If Babangida cannot secure the governorship of his home state for his son, not even the PDP ticket, then I leave you to imagine how his endorsement can help Dr Jonathan. The “I’m trained to dominate my environment” has turned out to be mere bluster.
But again, Babangida and Goodluck Jonathan have a common enemy in Muhammadu Buhari. The GMB presidency may want to inquire into an insalubrious past and this is scary. Unfortunately, for his opponents, Buhari has never looked this good for the presidency. The formation of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and in particular the alliance with the leading South West politicians has put GMB within the reach of Aso Villa and this creates mortal fear in the likes of Babangida.
With the acidic anti-Nigeria rhetoric spewing from the mouths of Jonathan’s kinsmen, with escalating ethnic and religious tension among our hitherto tranquil communities, with continuing massacre of Nigerians in the North East, with systematic and unending oil theft, well-known darkness in our homes and factories, missing money and an economy returning to the woods, with a floundering ruling party, it’s hard to believe Babangida that President Goodluck Jonathan “ means well ....and is working well for this country.”
In the meantime, GMB has thrown up a few challenges. In his inexorable march to Aso Villa in 2015, he has disclosed that since the end of his military service courses abroad, he has not operated a foreign account; is this something Babangida and Jonathan can also say?
With regards to their evil description of him as an ethnic champion or religious bigot, GMB says and I quote: “Those who don’t want the progress of our people have spent fortunes over the years to raise silly propaganda about me. I have been around for some years and have challenged them to bring out one person I ever discriminated against based on faith but they are yet to take up the challenge. They should continue to tell lies about me just as I will I will continue to tell the truth about them.”
They love their oil wells, they can keep them; GMB loves Nigeria, he’ll have it!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by Ilemba(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2014
amnestylaw1:
Buhari's running mate, Prof Yemi Osibanjo is seen on the streets of Lagos campaigning to roasted plantain sellers, Keke Napep operators, and street hawkers. I think this has never happened in Nigeria before...

Me thinks this man means business. What do you think?

Pic1: PROF. YEMI OSINBAJO CAMPAIGNING TO ROASTED PLANTAIN (BOLI) SELLER

Pic2 &3: ROF. YEMI OSINBAJO CAMPAIGNING TO COMMUTERS OF TRICYCLE (KEKE MARWA) ON THE STREET OF LAGOS

Pic4, 5, &6 : PROF. YEMI OSINBAJO CAMPAIGNING ON THE STREET OF LAGOS

Source:

PYO Pls take this campaign to other states.........CHANGE IS CERTAIN

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2014
Ive never heard that Pastor Osibanjo went on evangelism to win soul for Christ, but now he is everywhere trying to win people for chief terrorist Buhari.
Na only Lagos him dey campaign?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by ThecriTerioN: 8:02am On Dec 31, 2014
rman:
This is not required for a VP or Presidential aspirant.

Is he contesting to be a governor?

They are taking this too grass-root ish too far

What can a man do to pls his enemies? The man as just started applying the change NIGERIANS need.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by calaway: 8:12am On Dec 31, 2014
Buhari is president general of the fulani in west africa (miyatti Allah) BUHARI arms and encourages his herdsmen/kinsmen to terrorize armless Nigerians everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSywwVWZM

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 31, 2014
Ariel20:

Shut the Fu..ck up!! How many pastors roaming our roads & preaching the gospel have you taken seriously? All of a sudden you all need to hear the gospel,bunch of hypocrites!

Calm down my dear.

I'm just saying..this is how the gospel should be preached.

If he had done this for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven, his reward would have been greater
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by nakamora: 10:10am On Dec 31, 2014
Change is close.
GMB is the man.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by dkings101(m): 10:58am On Dec 31, 2014
U just spoke my mind and my full stop. From Lekki toll down to Ikoyi and V.I compare wt the whole of Alimosho where they gt massive votes and see their wicked. For me APC is govt for the rich and PDP is govt for the thieves and corrupt mind...I just want Jesus to come restore us to our past glory. #NonPartisan speaking.

freshness2020:
Tomorrow now, they will send kai and τ̲̅ђe rest to chase them out from where they get their daily bread without providing any alternative means!
Who are ♈όϋ deceiving?
The masses votes ♈όϋ in, at the end ♈όϋ will favour the rich that did not exercise their vote on election day!
..someone should tell me, how many wealthy men come out to vote!
...♈όϋ guys should stop these cheap propaganda abeg!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by dasoul(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2014
I like Prof's campaign strategy. To me, politics that work isn't about
politics, in the sense of meetings, resolutions, speeches, sharing bags of rice or money, rallies
or even parties. It starts with people.
It's about friendship, art, culture, sport. It's about
being a fully paid up member of the human race
before being a fully paid up member of a democratic government.

To those who may not like this new style of campaign because they are used to old discredited method that has not paid us much....I beg u soberly think through it again.

Ride on prof....the people to which u are reaching may ultimately determine the outcome of the 2015 election.

May God bless u and keep you with all your good intentions.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by Danosophe(m): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
*ShakingMyHead!* Am sure he never preached de gospel of Jesus Christ like dis for de God he worships as a pastor.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by simdam500(m): 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
pity cool
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by aviazuva: 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
is he running for governorship ticket?
Lagos is already APC stronghold.
Let this guy go outside lagos and campaign
Meanwhile, AVIANAZU
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by derecho(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
amnestylaw1:
Me see humility in the person of Prof Yemi Osibanjo. He looks simple and does not dress flamboyantly like a professor of Law or a VP to be, he mingles with common man on the streets, talks to them in person instead of printing posters and sending out paid campaigners to the streets... If Nigeria is ready for business, I think this man has got a listening ear and a people-person personality that we need in a leader...
Bros.Humility pass dat one. Speaking to boli seller no mean anything.All these na stunts.I wish he'll do this and more for Jesus who gave His Life for Him.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by Jocdon(m): 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
Until I see him in igbo bunk (marijuana) d campaign will not be complete.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
Mayflowa:

I see you an ethnic bigot! I am not campaigning for anyone or Buhari. I only responded to your saying that the Professor ought to have faced church rather than leading his nation.

Then again, if you are true to ursef and have a silent sober reflection, you would know that Jonathan isn't the solution to our nation's woes and backwardness amongst the comity of nations.

A lot of work needs to be done and a focused leader is required to stir this directionless ship called Nigeria. Dollar now exchange for N190 meanwhile it was N130 when Goodluck came. Yet, u canvassed for such leader.

I don't know if Buhari can help stir this ship but one thing is sure. Jonathan is a bad captain. A lot of lives have been lost already in gun battles, war and bomb fight. Let's not mention thousand lost through poor road accidents, hunger, crime and unemployment. You need to crave for a change by now.

Let's hope Buhari can help. If he doesn't, we should lend our voice for impeachment or wait for anoda 4 deary years to oust him out.
. What change? U only clamour for change in an atmosphere of hopelessness. When all indices points to positive, u want retrogressiveness. Maybe, its a bad condition for u, millions of others have move from doldrum to prosperity. Even obama can't remedy ur situation as long as u always look for factors to justify ur failures.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by boma95(f): 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
only wish they remember the poor masses in their paradise
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by Eziachi: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
amnestylaw1:
Me see humility in the person of Prof Yemi Osibanjo. He looks simple and does not dress flamboyantly like a professor of Law or a VP to be, he mingles with common man on the streets, talks to them in person instead of printing posters and sending out paid campaigners to the streets... If Nigeria is ready for business, I think this man has got a listening ear and a people-person personality that we need in a leader...
It's not humility. He is only doing it as his job search.
This is his job interview. During job interviews, you are bound to say or do whatever that can help you get the job within the boundaries of the law.
What happens after you get the job is entirely a different matter.
Look at Jonathan and his I had no shoes in 2011 and what was his first four acts in power?
1. Bought himself three brand new jets to add to the existing eight.
2. Try to change the presidential term of office in the constitution that will be benefiting him, because of the promise he made not to run in 2015 to the northerners in PDP.
3. Budgeted billions annually for his personal feeding.
4. Put up the cost of refined petroleum products.

So I don't see why Osibanjo, another teacher like Jonathan will be different.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by SenatorJames(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
As much as I may not like GEJ or GMB, but I think I'm falling for this man's political and campaign zeal.

Keep it up man!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by RZQ3: 8:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
what uf pdp assassinate him
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) by yang(m): 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Am Ready To Work With Obaseki" - Ize-Iyamu / Buhari Sacks Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah, NDLEA Chairman / Akeredolu And Aiyedatiwa: When The Going Was Good (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.