Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,415 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! (10317 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Photo: This Man Married These Two Beautiful Ladies Same Day / Steps In Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Emaprince: 9:02am On Jan 01, 2015
Juzzybabe:

The good thing the lady will find her peace.Look at it from this point,a lady struggles with a young guy,stand by help,help him succeeds and when success comes he dumps her for another. Or a married young couple not rich but the lady is standing still by him.,helping and encouraging him,but yet he beats,cheat and maltreat her,Or the one that after he has made his wealth turns his wife into his house help seeking pleasures in flings...Back in my school days,i had two set of hall mates,the ones with serious bfs that spends their pocket money on their bfs and he gives them free s*x and yet cheat on them and dump them and the ones that would rather have the sugar daddy who would stand firm,meeting their needs and even having less time for s*x with them while giving them all the emotional and moral support.what am I saying,it is all a thing of choice,happiness matters. The Op's friend feels comfortable with that man and she has her best reasons.
why are you so bent on young guys beating,maltreating and cheating on their women?..are you ok?..so women don't cheat and dump their young bfs and marry another man...some of them even date sugar daddies while in relationship and expect the young guy to clap for her?..if your husband is young and doing all these to you,then their is something wrong with you!!!..and stop demeaning young guys...you are the type of women that will say "I don't date young guys,I date married men"..gold diggers!!!
Juzzybabe:

The good thing the lady will find her peace
she'lll find peace because she's gotten a man that will endure everything bad that she does...she can sleep around and splurge his money on irrelevant things and the man won't care..smh

2 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by iykedare(m): 9:03am On Jan 01, 2015
Juzzybabe:
Which is better,to marry an old man and have peace and a financially secured future OR to marry a young struggling guy that will have you weep everyday and post different sorrowful marital problems on nairaland seeking advice Don't crucify ladies who makes such choices o,in the real sense I think they are wise.

Everything shouldn't be about money. There are several good things that money can't buy. I wish the women of this generation will get to understand that.

I think most of the women who marry these oldies do that so they can inherit the wealth. They simply count down to when the oldies will die. There are several young,reasonable and financially stable young men everywhere. Some women are good enough to have them,some are not.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by iykedare(m): 9:13am On Jan 01, 2015
Emaprince:
no mid women jare!

They'll marry the old man because of his money and also because they are desperate to have that "mrs" attached to their names but 100% of them will still end up seducing one hopeless young guy out there to help quench their se.x desires when the old man couldn't meet up again..plus the oldman's money will be well spent on the younger guy...at the end of the day,there is still a young guy in their lives but this time,they(the women) will be living a double life but they'll call it a peaceful one

I know of a lady who married a man in his fifties. You need to see the hunger (sex) in her eyes each time she sees a young guy. I laugh when people say that old men are better lovers. That's a slap on the young men. Sex involves technique, energy and passion and I don't see how an old man can do a quarter of what a virile young man can do. Well,good sex is relative.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Emaprince: 9:17am On Jan 01, 2015
iykedare:

There are several young,reasonable and financially stable young men everywhere. Some women are good enough to have them,some are not.
this is it!!!...truth is that MANY of them are not good enough to deserve these guys!
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Juzzybabe(f): 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Emaprince:
why are you so bent on young guys beating,maltreating and cheating on their women?..are you ok?..so women don't cheat and dump their young bfs and marry another man...some of them even date sugar daddies while in relationship and expect the young guy to clap for her?..if your husband is young and doing all these to you,then their is something wrong with you!!!..and stop demeaning young guys...you are the type of women that will say "I don't date young guys,I date married men"..gold diggers!!!
she'lll find peace because she's gotten a man that will endure everything bad that she does...she can sleep around and splurge his money on irrelevant things and the man won't care..smh
Happy New Year. Now to start with, I am ok,secondly,I am a young married woman not to an old man tho. See,I love calling a spill a spill no matter how ugly it may sound in anothers ear. you said am bent on young guys beating ,maltreating and cheating on women,I am speaking of women because the topic is pointed at women,with an unbiased mind. If we pretend these atrocities are not being committed by young men on our ladies how come divorce has become an order of the day in our modern society? Have u taken time to find some of the reasons why married couples seperate or divorce? I only want the Op to know that his female friend made her choice,which I personally have no problem with and strongly feel she shouldn't be treated as a sinner because she married an old man. Either for wealth or wateva,its her taste. The only point I will hate such lady is when she's deliberately breaking and scattering another home all for her selfish desire. But if otherwise,like an old widower or divorcee,or where even his first wife gives her consent,I see absolutely no big deal in it. If too many young Mr. nice are out there and proposing,our single ladies will not be going from church to mountain for God to give them their spouse

1 Like

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Juzzybabe(f): 2:33pm On Jan 01, 2015
iykedare:

I know of a lady who married a man in his fifties. You need to see the hunger (sex) in her eyes each time she sees a young guy. I laugh when people say that old men are better lovers. That's a slap to the young men. Sex involves technique, energy and passion and I don't see how an old man can do a quarter of what a virile young man can do. Well,good sex is relative.
Maybe the man isn't active or u are wrong! A man in his 50's isn't too old to perform. Men are not sexually weakens by age as women. Even some women in their 50's still dey do ashewo how much men

1 Like

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by drnoel: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
brito:
Girls are not smiling. I pity the men bcs the girls are waiting to inherit their wealth.

Hehehehe, not when the men have fully grown sons. The only problem any legitimate son of the man would have is if he starts having problems with his dad and if the new wife bears a child.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 1miccza: 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Lol!

Amelian, because the girls have wisened up and aren't willing to be put on hold by little boys who are:

~ Scared of marriage

~ Scared of responsibility

~ Not yet ready to settle down

~ Not yet emotionally mature

~ And yes, not financially capable to look after a family yet.

Re: the last story about the 30 something year old man shunned by his father, his real gripe here is that he's afraid this new wife will turn his dad's head against him and take up all of his inheritance.

I think what you were trying to say is that the ladies have found the easy way out marrying a wealthy man that's close to his grave means easy access to so much wealth and freedom to sleep with any kind of young man when the baba goes to the grave.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 1miccza: 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
drnoel:

Hehehehe, not when the men have fully grown sons. The only problem any legitimate son of the man would have is if he starts having problems with his dad and if the new wife bears a child.

Then you haven't experienced or tasted what charms a.k.a jazz can do.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by drnoel: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
1miccza:

Then you haven't experienced or tasted what charms a.k.a jazz can do.

Jazz I don't believe in Jazz but know African science exists. Besides if anyone takes u up with Jazz then u take the person up with prayer and fasting.

1 Like

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 1miccza: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
drnoel:

Jazz I don't believe in Jazz but know African science exists. Besides if anyone takes u up with Jazz then u take the person up with prayer and fasting.

African science is jazz and jazz is African science,I witnessed a situation where the man had 3 sons from his late wife. The man picked up a very young lady and mysteriously before he could say Jack the three sons died. Till date he has remained in the dark without suspecting anything with the three sons out of the way and no other wife who do you think the wealth would go to? You know the man would resort to praying and fasting if he suspects any foul play..
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by drnoel: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
1miccza:

African science is jazz and jazz is African science,I witnessed a situation where the man had 3 sons from his late wife. The man picked up a very young lady and mysteriously before he could say Jack the three sons died. Till date he has remained in the dark without suspecting anything with the three sons out of the way and no other wife who do you think the wealth would go to? You know the man would resort to praying and fasting if he suspects any foul play..

Who knows, maybe there have a rare family disease that only affects the male children of that man u mentioned. Maybe not, who knows who can tell? 4 all u know that woman may have been innocent.

1 Like

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 1miccza: 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
drnoel:

Who knows, maybe there have a rare family disease that only affects the male children of that man u mentioned. Maybe not, who knows who can tell? 4 all u know that woman may have been innocent.

So many questions and little answers so many coincidences little answers it was too obvious to be swept under the carpet.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
Her agemates were probably calling her old cargo and she decided to marry someone who sees hers a beautiful young girl [s]or one old man whom she can marry and chop his money[/s] grin
Shebi you never heard that age is nothing but a number? Hehehe
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
1miccza:

I think what you were trying to say is that the ladies have found the easy way out marrying a wealthy man that's close to his grave means easy access to so much wealth and freedom to sleep with any kind of young man when the baba goes to the grave.

Not necessarily.

I've simply stated why getting married to the older man might seem more appealing, especially in light of the younger man's shortcomings. Hardly a week goes by that one doesn't read a thread opened by a young boy stating why he's scared of marriage, or why he doesn't envy married people.

Makes you wonder, is marriage by force? Shuo? If one isn't comfortable with the thought of manning up to the responsibilities that come with marriage, then why bother for goodness sake? It's not a do-or-die-affair...
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 1miccza: 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Not necessarily.

I've simply stated why getting married to the older man might seem more appealing, especially in light of the younger man's shortcomings. Hardly a week goes by that one doesn't read a thread opened by a young boy stating why he's scared of marriage, or why he doesn't envy married people.

Make you wonder, is marriage by force? Shuo? If one isn't comfortable with the thought of manning up to the responsibilities that come with marriage, then why bother for goodness sake? It's not a do-or-die-affair...

Well you just called the person a "young boy" that's far different from a matured guy or man. Opting for a man for a Nigerian babe means the man must be wealthy and this simply means it's a way out for the lady to be wealthy. Have you ever read of a lady getting married to a very poor old man?

1 Like

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
1miccza:

Well you just called the person a "young boy" that's far different from a matured guy or man. Opting for a man for a Nigerian babe means the man must be wealthy and this simply means it's a way out for the lady to be wealthy. Have you ever read of a lady getting married to a very poor old man?

Just because it isn't reported in the papers / mass media doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Poor guys don't make the news. Rich ones do. That aside, I deliberately used the phrase "young boy" because you them a lot opening silly threads like the examples I've just given. A mature man who's ready to settle down wouldn't have any of those qualms / misgivings and can take care of his business...like a real man.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 1miccza: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Just because it isn't reported in the papers / mass media doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Poor guys don't make the news. Rich ones do. That aside, I deliberately used the phrase "young boy" because you them a lot opening silly threads like the examples I've just given. A mature man who's ready to settle down wouldn't have any of those qualms / misgivings and can take care of his business...like a real man.

And that's the difference between a young boy and a real man,now there's a huge difference between a real man and an old papa. You see when ladies complain about guys being immature and all I'll expressly know they've been meeting those young boys as you call it.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
1miccza:

And that's the difference between a young boy and a real man,now there's a huge difference between a real man and an old papa. You see when ladies complain about guys being immature and all I'll expressly know they've been meeting those young boys as you call it.

You don't have to be an old papa to be mature.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

you judge by the threads opened on NL .what percentage of the Nigerian populace are nairaland members . you can simply tell the kind of peeps on NL by their comments and threads , it would be very unintelligent for me to conclude thats how every Nigerian is. Now , we should get it clear that age is never a function of maturity . The fact that a man is old or young does not mean he will be upto task . The fact that he chooses not to complain about his mistress' ill attitude does not make the mistress in any way perfect . Overtime , I have found out what majority of women don't like is being corrected by their partners hence the reason for fights and misunderstandings.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
majekdom2:
you judge by the threads opened on NL .what percentage of the Nigerian populace are nairaland members . you can simply tell the kind of peeps on NL by their comments and threads , it would be very unintelligent for me to conclude thats how every Nigerian is. Now , we should get it clear that age is never a function of maturity . The fact that a man is old or young does not mean he will be upto task . The fact that he chooses not to complain about his mistress' ill attitude does not make the mistress in any way perfect . Overtime , I have found out what majority of women don't like is being corrected by their partners hence the reason for fights and misunderstandings.

Your point is?
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Your point is?
*smiles * My point is , because you read on threads by young guys on NL does not mean the old men differ in this argument. well if the old men had time for NL the way the young men do , I dont think we would be here having a debate on this ...... there are some issues that are never an age / gender thing but all balls down to being with the right person . such is this.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
Well, apart from the fact that most of the threads opened here are fakes, these threads are created by bone idle teenagers with a lot of time on their hands.

That, aside, the older a man is, the better husband he is. There are somethings in life that just need to be experienced for one to learn from. A woman or girls getting fed up of waiting, twiddling their thumbs while their youth fizzles out, waiting for a man to make up his mind on whether marriage is for him or not - abandon these guys because they're either time wasters or chronic playboys not yet done with sowing their wild oats.

So, I don't see why the male folk should feel slighted if the ladies in question decide to move on in life with the older man whose serious and not prone to wasting their time?

That, is the essence of my post. Now you can sing all you want to me about maturity being a thing of the mind, but the fact remains that very few guys in their early / mid twenties are ready, let alone able, to handle the responsibilities that come with marriage.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Well, apart from the fact that most of the threads opened here are fakes, these threads are created by bone idle teenagers with a lot of time on their hands.

That, aside, the older a man is, the better husband he is. There are somethings in life that just need to be experienced for one to learn from. A woman or girls getting fed up of waiting, twiddling their thumbs while their youth fizzles out, waiting for a man to make up his mind on whether marriage is for him or not - abandon these guys because they're either time wasters or chronic playboys not yet done with sowing their wild oats.

So, I don't see why the male folk should feel slighted if the ladies in question decide to move on in life with the older man whose serious and not prone to wasting their time?

That, is the essence of my post. Now you can sing all you want to me about maturity being a thing of the mind, but the fact remains that very few guys in their early / mid twenties are ready, let alone able, to handle the responsibilities that come with marriage.
you said marriage is not a do or die thing .... the ladies need to to carry it on their hands also if deep inside they wont be happy with whoever they have chosen to call husband. if you are referring to guys in early and mid twenties as the young guys , I understand your posts then . I personally call this class teenagers, as they find it hard to make decisions.
There is thread on FP now about a yong girl and an old man . Tho it may not be real , what have you to say about that
are you married , if No .... my dad is an old man , If you would not mind I could do a hook up . Tho , he is not so rich and in the news, he nets in millions monthly.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
majekdom2:
you said marriage is not a do or die thing .... the ladies need to to carry it on their hands also if deep inside they wont be happy with whoever they have chosen to call husband.

It's easier for a miffed, young man to console himself with thought that a girl he had his eyes on, and who dumped him for an older man, can't possibly be happy with her choice. Understandably, he needs to vent out his anger and venom - so what better way to convince himself that she isn't happy? As seems to be the case with this story? Mind you, I'm not talking about child brides here, but your average lady in her mid - late twenties choosing to marry someone say about 10 years older, than going for her age mate.

majekdom2:
if you are referring to guys in early and mid twenties as the young guys , I understand your posts then . I personally call this class teenagers, as they find it hard to make decisions.

Good.

majekdom2:
There is thread on FP now about a yong girl and an old man . Tho it may not be real , what have you to say about that

I haven't seen it, and if it's made front page already, then I'm hardly going to read it, much less comment on the story.

majekdom2:
are you married , if No .... my dad is an old man , If you would not mind I could do a hook up . Tho , he is not so rich and in the news, he nets in millions monthly.

Sorry to disappoint you but I am married. So you'll have to look elsewhere for someone to pair your old dad with.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

It's easier for a miffed, young man to console himself with thought that a girl he had his eyes on, and who dumped him for an older man, can't possibly be happy with her choice. Understandably, he needs to vent out his anger and venom - so what better way to convince himself that she isn't happy? As seems to be the case with this story? Mind you, I'm not talking about child brides here, but your average lady in her mid - late twenties choosing to marry someone say about 10 years older, than going for her age mate.
Good.
I haven't seen it, and if it's made front page already, then I'm hardly going to read it, much less comment on the story.
Sorry to disappoint you but I am married. So you'll have to look elsewhere for someone to pair your old dad with.
The argument on here has not been a 10 years age difference . it has been the ones old enough to be fathers and grandfathers. Truth be said , majority of the women outthere will not be happy getting married to someone old enough to be her grandfather.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by bebe2(f): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
Amelian:
I honestly cant seem to wrap my mind round it.... undecided

ok let me help u,

its called '' THE THIRST IS REAL''

she wants to marry already made orr she truly loves him,

either way its a win win situtation for both.

marrying a younger man is no guarantee for a good marraige.

some young pple die before old ones.

dats life.

as long as she is happy, i say good choice cool cool
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 1miccza: 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You don't have to be an old papa to be mature.

Apparently that also means some men can be mature and some young boys in quote can also be mature,if that is the case why then would a 38 year old lady get married to a 75 years old man is it necessarily because he's matured I don't think so.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
1miccza:

Apparently that also means some men can be mature and some young boys in quote can also be mature,if that is the case why then would a 38 year old lady get married to a 75 years old man is it necessarily because he's matured I don't think so.

Na wa o!

You still on this matter? Abeg leave them to enjoy their time together na. Stop hating on the lucky baba... cheesy cheesy
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 1miccza: 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Na wa o!

You still on this matter? Abeg leave them to enjoy their time together na. Stop hating on the lucky baba... cheesy cheesy

No mind me and Nairaland jare!!! I actually have a similar case now but whatever jare,if to say I be girl I for no mind cut my own share oo..
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
@ Amelia..more like new wine in old bottle.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Agalasis1(m): 12:29am On Jul 20, 2015
Amelian:
hehehheheheheheheheheh grin grin grin
cant stop laughing here....mehn! see babes ooo cheesy cheesy

well, all the advice here is noted cool
will look into the prospects accordingly.

but honestly, lets assume they are not close 2 me, I wont really bother.
am simply concerned , and it makes me wonder smiley

Whenever I see the word Amelian I always think it is Amebo... LOL.

Abeg ,send me the addresses of these men so I can go deal wt them.
Some of us over 30 av not got one but these babas that are supposed to be praying 4 us are very busy taking our would-have-been wives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ok / On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations / Steps To Striking A Balance Between Your Spouse And Your Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.