Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign (20856 Views)

Ministry Receives N5bn For Clean Cookstoves Project, Says Minister / PDP's Reaction To Yam Farmers Contributing N5bn To Buhari's Campaign.[photo] / FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by bappahman: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
A group of yam farmers cutting across some
northern states in the country have pledged to
support the All Progressives Congress (APC)
presidential candidate, Gen. Mohammadu
Buhari’s campaign in the 2015 general elections
with N5 billion.

The group disclosed this in a statement made
available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in
Jos on Tuesday.

Rev. Jacob Musa, Public Relations Officer (PRO)
of the farmers under the name “Buhari-Osinbajo
Presidential Appeal Campaign Fund (BOPCAF),
said that farmers from 10 states of the
federation were planning the fund raiser.
Musa said members drawn from Taraba,
Nasarawa, Plateau, Adamawa, Benue, Kogi,
Kwara, Niger and Kaduna states as well as the
Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, would
feature at the occasion.

He said that Prof. Emmanuel Garba, who lost the
governorship primary of the APC in Plateau, was
a founding father of the group.
“We have contributed five million tubers of yam
to be donated in support of the funding of
Buhari’s presidential campaign.

“The five million tubers of yam will be retailed at
a special price of N1,000 each towards raising
the sum of N5 billion in support of the APC
candidate,’’ it said.

The statement said that the public presentation
of the five million tubers of yam would hold at
the Mararaban Demshin village yam market in
Qua’an Pan Local Government Area of Plateau
on Jan. 4, 2015.

It stated that the ceremony would also witness
traditional wrestling involving 500 traditional
wrestlers from the 19 northern states and the
FCT.

“The aim is to mobilise the wrestlers in the
campaign against poverty, crime, killings,
kidnappings, armed robbery, cattle rustling,
rape, cultism, election rigging, looting of public
fund, smuggling, terrorism and other social vices
now prevalent in the society,’’ it said.

The statement also said that the event would be
heralded by a world press conference in Jos,
sponsored by Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha.
It added that the event would be attended by
Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers in his capacity as
the Director-General of the Buhari-Osinbajo
Campaign Organisation on Jan. 2, 2014.

http://leadership.ng/news/398639/northern-yam-farmers-raise-n5bn-buharis-campaign

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by bappahman: 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by dunkem21(m): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Oh, suddenly they need billions to campaign ..by selling yams @N1k per tuber? ..to ordinary masses ...Chai ..see scam lipsrsealed

..Instead of dashing people yams and soliciting for their votes? ..dumb strategy ..shebi Jonathan don transform Agric sector una come get yam yanfu yanfu shocked One corper dey supply yam for this forum @N90/tuber. ..calculate the profit ..chai

What of garri? ..How much for one painter? ..N1800? ..Una wan carry us back to austerity measure time? cry ..There is God o ..

Una get fish?

Me go carry money wey i no see go dash billionaire Amaechi, Tinubu and Buhari.

Mbanu lipsrsealed

19 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by bappahman: 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
APC Changing Nigeria for the better

68 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by HACKPASTOR(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hmmmmmm, I can see that the Change is near.

GOD BLESS GMB.

IS CHANGE WE CRY FOR.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by pendy79: 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
The APC campaign wont be driven by cartels and government contractors. it shall be led and driven by ordinary citizens craving for the change and desire to have a country they can truly call theirs.

Ours shall be by the PEOPLE and for the PEOPLE not by Tunde Ayeni, Ifeanyi Ubah, Jerry Gana and his fathom friends.

The ordinary peasants and artisans will deliver the Buhari presidency next year.

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by Gbawe2: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ordinary Nigerians, fervently desirous of a better Nigeria, are donating their own widow's mite for Buhari while those who have looted the nation dry are donating billions to keep their 'area father' (GEJ) in power. Nigerians vote wisely . Vote for progressive change (Buhari) and reject corruption-centred enslavement of the masses (GEJ).

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by egift(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Jonathan will not know where his defeat will start. Jonathan's inability to enforce the Laws of Nigeria because it benefits him, will be his downfall. If he had not let greed of 21 billion naira get the best of him, he would not have been screwed over in his game.

Change is coming, Nigeria's glory will be activated. Yes We Can.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by chiefinalowo: 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hahaha....5 million tubers of yam to be sold N1,000 each!
I can bet it, they won't even sell 1000 tubers

Just 5 Biilion Naira, APC members are not serious!

I just pity these farmers, why would they want to waste their farm produce on top of APC!

18 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by egift(m): 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
“We have contributed five million tubers of yam to be donated in support of the funding of Buhari’s presidential campaign.

The five million tubers of yam will be retailed at a special price of N1,000 each towards raising the sum of N5 billion in support of the APC candidate,’’ it said.

A very good initiative. Change is here to stay. Small donations like this, equals massive votes. Keep it up. God bless.

49 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by NeilOssai(m): 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
Change is COMIN..,.,.,..,.,.n it is coming like an AVALANCHE,.........be PREPARED.,.,...

26 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by egift(m): 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:
Hahaha....5 million tubers of yam to be sold N1,000 each!
I can bet it, they won't even sell 1000 tubers

Just 5 Biilion Naira, APC members are not serious!

I just pity these farmers, why would they want to waste their farm produce on top of APC!

It is a fund raising, not a market commodity. The market price may be lesser, but the objective of this is to raise funds for Buhari not necessarily because you want to prepare Yam portage.

I can see Fear all over your comment. Change is coming. Be happy. grin grin grin

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by donphilopus: 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
Nigerians are yearning for change. Students, Farmers, Doctors, Engineers, Teachers, Muslims, Christians, Atheists et al are all yearning for change. They're all tired of GEJ. Only the corrupt fellows are in support of his re-election, but people who mean well for Nigeria are all saying Sai Buhari.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by chiefinalowo: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
egift:

It is a fund raising, not a market commodity. The market price may be lesser, but the objective of this is to raise funds for Buhari not necessarily because you want to prepare Yam portage.

I can see Fear all over your comment. Change is coming. Be happy. grin grin grin

If it is for fund raising and for genuine reasons I think each tuber should go for N100
APC is now selling a tuber at the rate of N1,000.....God dey o!

8 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by chiefinalowo: 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
donphilopus:
Nigerians are yearning for change. Students, Farmers, Doctors, Engineers, Teachers, Muslims, Christians, Atheists et al are all yearning for change. They're all tired of GEJ. Only the corrupt fellows are in support of his re-election, but people who mean well for Nigeria are all saying Sai Buhari.

I laugh in Ikale dialect....Nobody wants Buhari/Osinbanjo.

GEJ deserves another term and he will get it.

16 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by kettykin: 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
Misplaced priorities !!! should not this money have been donated to the Internally displaced people in the North East , why donate it to the founder

13 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by donphilopus: 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:

I laugh in Ikale dialect....Nobody wants Buhari/Osinbanjo.

What has he done to deserve another term?!

51 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by egift(m): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:
If it is for fund raising and for genuine reasons I think each tuber should go for N100
APC is now selling a tuber at the rate of N1,000.....God dey o!

Nobody is forcing you to buy it. You are quarreling over those donating N1,000 but have no problem with the ones donating Billions - Please how else do you define HYPOCRISY

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by chiefinalowo: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
donphilopus:

What has he done to deserve another term?!
Just go to any State and tell me if you can't see the hand of GEJ's transformation.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by dplordx(m): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
kettykin:
Misplaced priorities !!! should not this money have been donated to the Internally displaced people in the North East , why donate it to the founder

The money is will serve a better used in sweeping GEJ, your likes, and all those leeches into the dustin of history!
grin grin grin grin

33 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by egift(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:

What are his new plans for the next for years? Or it is to pursue another 4 years of Pardoning Criminals and telling us not to be mindful of his Stealing, that it is not Corruption?

21 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by Johnnyessence(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
waoooo this is great.

16 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by chiefinalowo: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
egift:

Nobody is forcing you to buy it. You are quarreling over those donating N1,000 but have no problem with the ones donating Billions - Please how else do you define HYPOCRISY

It is always hard for the APC members to accept the truth.
These are just poor farmers...APC is taking from the poor to take care of the rich.

1 Like

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by donphilopus: 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Just go to any State and tell me if you can't see the hand of GEJ's transformation.

I'm cashless so I can't travel round the country. tongue You can still list them here for us to see!

20 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by chiefinalowo: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
egift:

What are his new plans for the next for years? Or it is to pursue another 4 years of Pardoning Criminals and telling us not to be mindful of his Stealing, that it is not Corruption?

Even if you pretend that you don't know his next plans which is all over the internet, I am sure you must have seen what TAN has been doing, right?

1 Like

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by egift(m): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:
It is always hard for the APC members to accept the truth.
These are just poor farmers...APC is taking from the poor to take care of the rich.

The farmers are not necessarily the buyers. They primarily contributed the yam. See below:
We have contributed five million tubers of yam to be donated in support of the funding of Buhari’s presidential campaign.

Again your logic is not out of love for the farmers, but anger that Nigerian masses are funding the Buhari Campaign.

Sai Buhari.

39 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by chiefinalowo: 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
donphilopus:

I'm cashless so I can't travel round the country. tongue You can still list them here for us to see!

donphilopus can not be cashless, what happen to all the Dollars shared during your primaries?
That is what I have been telling you people, don't sell yourself into servitude.
APC will only use you and dump you
GEJ has done very well in his first term and he will do more when he emerges as the winner by 2015.

9 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by egift(m): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:
Even if you pretend that you don't know his next plans which is all over the internet, I am sure you must have seen what TAN has been doing, right?

I have friends you have multiple Jona support groups they use in collecting dough from the Zoologist.

#Change is coming. Sai Buhari.

14 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by chiefinalowo: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
egift:

The farmers are not necessarily the buyers. The primarily contributed the yam. See below:

Again you logic is not out of love for the farmers, but anger that Nigerian masses are funding the Buhari Campaign.

Sai Buhari.

I am not angry, I only pity the poor farmers.
It seems APC needs the money desperately.

1 Like

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by Reddit: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
APC now selling a tuber of yam for N1,000 now they've not got to power. How much will it cost if, I said if they eventually get to power? Na wao!

9 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by donphilopus: 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:

donphilopus can not be cashless, what happen to all the Dollars shared during your primaries?
That is what I have been telling you people, don't sell yourself into servitude.
APC will only use you and dump you
GEJ has done very well in his first term and he will do more when he emerges as the winner by 2015.

Stop blabbing and mention the things he has done. If you can't, I believe there are other PDP Supporters out there who can at least mention one. You just displayed to the world that you've no reason for supporting GEJ other than "he's our brother".

24 Likes

Re: Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign by egift(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Examples:
- Immigration Job Scam
- Police Pension Scam
- Fuel Subsidy loots
- Auctioning PHCN to his fronts.
- Madam P's Oil cargo off the coast
- NNPC missing funds
- Poor education system
- Expanding recurrent budget than Capital.
- Inflated Security Budgets
- Illegal Arm smuggling outings
- Protecting Boko Haram Sponsors.
- The death of over 15,000 Nigerians
- Nigerians as refugees in their own country
- Insecurity and corruption everywhere.

And many more. Second term my foot.

59 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mark Gbillah Responds To Sex Scandal Allegations / Recruitment: House Of Representatives To Review Age Barrier / Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.