Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed (4952 Views)

See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 / Have Just Been Scammed... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
I met my brother today at abakaliki and i asked him what's going on with him. He told me, he saw a phone at Olx and the person asked him to pay 20,000 naira which he has paid at first bank branch here in abakaliki. I asked him, where is the phone since you have paid the money. He said, the person requested another 9000 naira before he will hand the phone over to him. Immediately, i discovered he has been scammed but he insisted and said no. He told the guy that his elder brother which is me will help him to pay another 9000 naira and should give me te phone tomorrow. I tried to convince him that he has been scammed he said no. The problem is that he has given me 9000 naira tonight and wants me to go pay the money tomorrow . I have tried my best to help my little boy but he has money to spend. I don't know what else to do. The money is with me and the bank details

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by orobs93(m): 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mugu fall maga chop...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by wiseone28: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
so what should we do now... call your bro?

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Allureoftheseas(m): 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Your brother is foolish!!!!!! And that is his own business!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by jingh(f): 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
maga has paid

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by RotrEmmanuel: 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
abakiliki mugu! oxl is about see before you buy.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
wiseone28:
so what should we do now... call your bro?
just advice me on how to convince him
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
abakiliki mugu! oxl is about see before you buy.
no be every abakaliki guy be mugu bro. The guy papa get money scatter. I wise bro that's why i no dash this guy the money
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by wiseone28: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wisdomkosi:
just advice me on how to convince him
give him more money
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
wiseone28:
give him more money
don't let me curse you bro. I dey vex

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by wiseone28: 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wisdomkosi:
don't let me curse you bro. I dey vex
grin for your mind

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
jingh:
maga has paid

simple

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Hollawaley(m): 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
Call 911
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by jingh(f): 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
brito:

simple
yeah
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by mojeed4(m): 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
even olx adverts says "meet in public places.." "not send money for transactions"....
why will he ask you to pay into a bank before receiving the phone since he will hand you the phone in person or will he also deposit it in your bank acct?? ??....
you guys should please wise up...
some guys will later start creating threads about olx being trash .... olx is a very cool site and safe for the wise cos i dont understand why i will send money to someone i have never seen... its certainly a sign of being dum (no offence)..

6 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by dominique(f): 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
Some people learn the hard way

3 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Go to a branch of the bank and make complaints of your case to the manager...u can report it to the police first so they ll take you serious. ..The account ll probably be deactivated from using ATMs and wen the fraud goes to lay complaints ...he ll be arrested. ..simple

13 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by buoye1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mugu of life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Lexusgs430: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wisdomkosi:
I met my brother today at abakaliki and i asked him what's going on with him. He told me, he saw a phone at Olx and the person asked him to pay 20,000 naira which he has paid at first bank branch here in abakaliki. I asked him, where is the phone since you have paid the money. He said, the person requested another 9000 naira before he will hand the phone over to him. Immediately, i discovered he has been scammed but he insisted and said no. He told the guy that his elder brother which is me will help him to pay another 9000 naira and should give me te phone tomorrow. I tried to convince him that he has been scammed he said no. The problem is that he has given me 9000 naira tonight and wants me to go pay the money tomorrow . I have tried my best to help my little boy but he has money to spend. I don't know what else to do. The money is with me and the bank details

Give him back his money, so he makes the payment himself !!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Curiousity kills the cat, since hez so sure he hasn't been scammed, let him pay the final part of the cash himself and when it all balls down without the fone showing he'll come bak to his senses. Things like this is what makes people smart when they learn from their mistake. 29k isn't too much, its beta than being scammed of 50k. He will learn just let him av his day.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Obrizzy(m): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
you knoiw what pay the 9000 into my account after that il tll you what to do i swear lipsrsealed ,contact me on my signature for my bank details grin
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obrizzy:
you knoiw what pay the 9000 into my account after that il tll you what to do i swear lipsrsealed ,contact me on my signature for my bank details grin
you want to scam us too?
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Curiousity kills the cat, since hez so sure he hasn't been scammed, let him pay the final part of the cash himself and when it all balls down without the fone showing he'll come bak to his senses. Things like this is what makes people smart when they learn from their mistake. 29k isn't too much, its beta than being scammed of 50k. He will learn just let him av his day.
knowing fully well that the guy is a scammer makes me unhappy not the money. I can't pay this money pls. Holding it, till he will understand the guy is a scammer

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Give him back his money, so he makes the payment himself !!!!!
nop bro
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
BADNEAT:
Go to a branch of the bank and make complaints of your case to the manager...u can report it to the police first so they ll take you serious. ..The account ll probably be deactivated from using ATMs and wen the fraud goes to lay complaints ...he ll be arrested. ..simple
thanks for this advice
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
mojeed4:
even olx adverts says "meet in public places.." "not send money for transactions"....
why will he ask you to pay into a bank before receiving the phone since he will hand you the phone in person or will he also deposit it in your bank acct?? ??....
you guys should please wise up...
some guys will later start creating threads about olx being trash .... olx is a very cool site and safe for the wise cos i dont understand why i will send money to someone i have never seen... its certainly a sign of being dum (no offence)..
i know all this but the guy no dey hear
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hollawaley:
Call 911
for what?
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Obrizzy(m): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wisdomkosi:
you want to scam us too?
lol just joking
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
watch out for iPhones guys too many fake out there.
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by siegfried99(m): 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
grin grin grin

What a foolish fool? grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wisdomkosi:
knowing fully well that the guy is a scammer makes me unhappy not the money. I can't pay this money pls. Holding it, till he will understand the guy is a scammer
Lol, invite one of ur sharp guys to let him know that he is falling for a scam. If that isn't convincing enough u tell him that when paying for something that hasn't been seen, the chances of it being a scam is 80 percent. The 20percent will be given as credit to reliable online retail companies.
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
No offence, but your brother's folly is legendary.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UPDATE: Someone Please Help Me Find OKE JOHN ADEWALE / Tecno Spark 9T , The Best Camera For Just N78,300 / Mtn Vtu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.