Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed (5028 Views)

See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 / Have Just Been Scammed... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Ninilowo(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2014
Ur broda get strong head Sha! Let him come to lasgidi for Industrial Training (I T) nah

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by solelymade: 12:48am On Dec 31, 2014
Pit
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by solelymade: 12:50am On Dec 31, 2014
I'm so sure na dis ya brother dumb pass everyone else 4 ur family

One of the few reasons I advocate children spend their formative years in the inner cities in Lagos
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 31, 2014
dominique:
Some people learn the hard way

...the hard headed neva learn.
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by nani667: 1:41am On Dec 31, 2014
Lol... It's just a case of awuuf dey purge belle.... Your brother had a phone in mind to buy, he had an idea of the price of the phone, but when he saw the very cheap prices of the OLX scammers he couldn't resist.....

The whole idea behind OLX is location.... About finding people in or around your area to meet and do business with..... So how can you be in the same state with someone (that you don't know) and still choose to pay money into the person's account ?

I almost fell for something very similar to that on OLX before, the price was very cheap and inviting, it was when I reached in front of the bank I just started thinking about it..... Why in God's name would I pay 10K into someone's account....? The funny thing is that the person was in Lagos with me, and not that far from where I was when I asked his location, but he kept insisting I make deposit first that they will deliver it to me..... He even refused to tell me where his office is....

These days immediately you call them first thing they'll ask you is "where are you".... When you tell them where you are they'll just fabricate one distant place and tell you that's where they are.... So the only way for you to get the goods would be through delivery, and of course you'd have to make a deposit first....

Oga OP.... I'll just advise you slap some sense into your bro come morning..and tell him to just forget about that money he paid, it's gone and never coming back... And if that doesn't work, and he still insists on dashing the scammers the extra 9K just give him the money to pay himself.... So at least the record will show he did everything himself....

I can guarantee you that as soon as he pays the 9K, the scammers will find an excuse to request for more money again.... ✔

4 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by mrbillz(m): 1:43am On Dec 31, 2014
The scammer don use shèru for your brother. Even must pay by force before hin eye go clear. Just let him go ahead till hin eyes open. Abi you fit bring the money make I hell una keep Only trying to proffer a solution tho wink
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by yemivictor: 1:49am On Dec 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Give him back his money, so he makes the payment himself !!!!!

You beat me to it!
Let him give back the money. Afterall, he paid the initial 20K himself.
Why does he want to involve him now?!

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by darequam(m): 2:41am On Dec 31, 2014
huhuhu........ hahahaha
I hope to know the end of this oh, I've learnt quite enuf from the posts here already.
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by shakaz(m): 4:03am On Dec 31, 2014
Op..From your writeup and replies so far. It is without reasonable doubt that you are the victim here. The whole brother story is a total fabrication. How will your supposed younger brother be sending you to the bank to make payment? And you replied someone saying he is stubborn because his father is rich. Or is he not your blood brother? Or maybe that is the height of your sarcasm. Well I know you came to NL to get decent advice on whether to proceed with the payment. Well my answer would be utter NO. Count your losses and move on. Be glad you paid just 20k for this important(money for hand,back for ground) life lesson. Many wished they were this fortunate.
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Lexusgs430: 4:05am On Dec 31, 2014
yemivictor:

You beat me to it!
Let him give back the money. Afterall, he paid the initial 20K himself.
Why does he want to involve him now?!

I am glad we reasoned along the same path. But the OP has rejected our option (makes me wonder, why I would want to drink panadol, for another's mans headache).
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by realK: 4:08am On Dec 31, 2014
Buyers beware! The Nigerian yahoo-yahoo guys have turned in on their fellow Nigerians using the same Internet used to defraud the other "maga" across the world. Whether the seller is from Nigeria or not

1. Do not send money to anyone you meet on the Internet without doing your due diligence. If you are buying goods make sure you physically inspect the goods before making payment. If you are dealing with new or unknown company, always insist on paymnet on delivery.

2. If you receive an email with attachment (from known or unknown sources) be careful in opening it. Do not enter you bank/card details, email username and password, you bank online banking details with pins, etc on any page opened from a file attachment or email link in the email.

3. If you receive email or phone call that your dear one needs your help, do not oblige until you confirm yourself through other means.

4. Do not be too emotional while dealing on the Internet. Use common sense. If it is too good to be true, it is not true most of the time.

5. Do not use proxy site while bidding on the Internet. Use the actual bidding site so that you do not unnecessarily give up your personal information that could be used to defraud you and/or your friends and family.

Be wise, navigate safely the Internet highways in the new year!

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by femi4: 6:25am On Dec 31, 2014
jingh:
maga has paid
Still want to pay more...grin
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by clemzo101(m): 7:22am On Dec 31, 2014
Just bring the dickhead to come and read comment here. It will do d magic
Wisdomkosi:
just advice me on how to convince him
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Jeffy1206(m): 7:28am On Dec 31, 2014
My cousin was scammed same method. .. but in his case didn't let anyone know. He lost 35k in the process all in the name of getting cheap iPhone 5 angry
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Jeffy1206(m): 7:31am On Dec 31, 2014
clemzo101:
Just bring the dickhead to come and read comment here. It will do d magic
This is the best option. ..

Come to think of it, you were told to pay 20k for the so called phone and where and why another 9k coming from He will be the best and concluding maga of the year 2014 sha grin grin
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by tellwisdom: 7:35am On Dec 31, 2014
Please give me his number, let me see if i can collect my own sad

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Mathematical(f): 7:35am On Dec 31, 2014
[size=8pt][/size]COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON.. WELL YA BRO FELL FOR IT..
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by clemzo101(m): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2014
Dat was how I saw on OLX Iphone 6 for 20k, I called d guy and told him to bring 5 of dem dat myself and my friends need one each, I told him to bring dem to my office, he accepted since den wenever I call he won't pick......
Jeffy1206:
This is the best option. ..

Come to think of it, you were told to pay 20k for the so called phone and where and why another 9k coming from He will be the best and concluding maga of the year 2014 sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Kingoflotto(m): 7:47am On Dec 31, 2014
Hmm can't believe we still have Magalicious MUGUS in this God damn country anyway your money is gone
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Daniel058(m): 7:50am On Dec 31, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
abakiliki mugu! oxl is about see before you buy.
boy hold it there, since you are not M×G(u).. What have you invented?.... INSTEAD OF PRAYING FOR HIM U COME HERE COME DEY TALK THAT THING... ABI U NO KNOW SAY NA DEM JAZZ HOL AM LIKE THAT?? WIZZY I DON TELL YOU, BRING D MONEY MAKE I HOL FOR YOU TILL HIM EYE CLEAR..
.. that 29k go BERMUDA TRIANGLE LKE THAT
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by jingh(f): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2014
femi4:
Still want to pay more...grin
lolz
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by dsolo(m): 8:28am On Dec 31, 2014
If hin papa get money why buying phone on OLX?

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2014
The guy just told us not to go first bank again and pay the money that we should go to eco bank .
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:57am On Dec 31, 2014
I am trying my best to come the boy down so he can understand he has been scamned
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by johnstar(m): 9:32am On Dec 31, 2014
Wisdomkosi:
I met my brother today at abakaliki and i asked him what's going on with him. He told me, he saw a phone at Olx and the person asked him to pay 20,000 naira which he has paid at first bank branch here in abakaliki. I asked him, where is the phone since you have paid the money. He said, the person requested another 9000 naira before he will hand the phone over to him. Immediately, i discovered he has been scammed but he insisted and said no. He told the guy that his elder brother which is me will help him to pay another 9000 naira and should give me te phone tomorrow. I tried to convince him that he has been scammed he said no. The problem is that he has given me 9000 naira tonight and wants me to go pay the money tomorrow . I have tried my best to help my little boy but he has money to spend. I don't know what else to do. The money is with me and the bank details
pay d moni in2 my account den
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 31, 2014
I feel like slapping the OP and his brother. Really, how can somebody be so stewpid?

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by emmathebigg(m): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2014
i thinks this is a smart solution....
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by rattlesnake(m): 10:23am On Dec 31, 2014
Wisdomkosi:
I met my brother today at abakaliki and i asked him what's going on with him. He told me, he saw a phone at Olx and the person asked him to pay 20,000 naira which he has paid at first bank branch here in abakaliki. I asked him, where is the phone since you have paid the money. He said, the person requested another 9000 naira before he will hand the phone over to him. Immediately, i discovered he has been scammed but he insisted and said no. He told the guy that his elder brother which is me will help him to pay another 9000 naira and should give me te phone tomorrow. I tried to convince him that he has been scammed he said no. The problem is that he has given me 9000 naira tonight and wants me to go pay the money tomorrow . I have tried my best to help my little boy but he has money to spend. I don't know what else to do. The money is with me and the bank details
villa missile don hit jnr
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 31, 2014
Dude..its a scam..i was scammed jxt months ago..20k on olx
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by brainyack(m): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2014
Use the 9k to buy packs of orijin.... *in Qdot's voice* e fun won orijin oni ike o oni ike o grin

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed by cirmuell(m): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
abakiliki mugu! oxl is about see before you buy.
Nna i tire, even olx dey scream these things ontop radio & tv.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE / Poco X3 Unboxing And Quick Review(photos) - 120Hz Display Beast / Expert Reviews Of Iphone 8, Iphone 8 Plus And Iphone X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.