Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,507 members, 7,954,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? (5310 Views)

How Students In ANSU Iron Their Matriculation Gown Today / Nigerian Students In Germany Annual Gathering (Photos) / Which Have Better Job Opportunities, Biochemistry Or Microbiology? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by johnkay1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
I went to one general hospital for industrial attachment as a microbiology student but to my Surprise, the Lab technologist showed me the circular sent from their association not to collect other discipline except medical lab science student. Are they now saying microbiologist can not work in hospital?
Re: Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 31, 2014
microbiologist work in brewery or pharmaceutical companies
Re: Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by johnkay1(m): 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
why do we now have medical microbiology?
Re: Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
johnkay1:
I went to one general hospital for industrial attachment as a microbiology student but to my Surprise, the Lab technologist showed me the circular sent from their association not to collect other discipline except medical lab science student. Are they now saying microbiologist can not work in hospital?

Its just career politics. Don't mind them. the peeps at mlscn and amlsn have refuse to use common sense. They think they can stop quackery in laboratory practice by stopping bsc students from getting biomedical training. Them go tire! angry
Re: Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by toliamy: 11:31am On Jan 26, 2015
my gf is facing this as well despite the fact that her mum works in GH here in lag they still refused her to used her bsc in MB work in their lab now shes screaming of going into business.
Re: Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by johnkay1(m): 4:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
Is only God that can help us in this part of the world
Re: Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by johnkay1(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2015
I discovered that what microbiologist and biochemists are lacking is unity. AMLSN(association of medical lab. scientist) bond is so strong that they can frustrate doctor if they wish. see what happen when JOHESU went on strike and AMLSN is the forerunner of JOHESU. but I believe is microbiologist unite and form a strong association with biochemist, they will have their place back in Hospital.
Re: Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by Nobody: 6:20am On May 19, 2015
johnkay1:
I discovered that what microbiologist and biochemists are lacking is unity. AMLSN(association of medical lab. scientist) bond is so strong that they can frustrate doctor if they wish. see what happen when JOHESU went on strike and AMLSN is the forerunner of JOHESU. but I believe is microbiologist unite and form a strong association with biochemist, they will have their place back in Hospital.

My brother you are so correct. These biochemistry people act as if it doesn't concern them. But this matter affects them too. We need to come together and form a united front to battle AMLSN. There is no where in the world microbiologist and biochemists cannot follow the biomedical career line. But here in nigeria its different. The funny thing is that a good number of AMLSN members are bsc holders (that obtained IMLT diploma) themselves. That's why most doctors don't take them seriously when they try to prevent bsc holders from getting biomedical training.

In the USA (I've never been there but I got this info online) there are three government approved bodies in charge of laboratory services in healthcare. The American Society for Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB), and the
American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS). I believe we can form our own nigerian institute of bioanalysts and obtain a charter the will give us legal right to pratice the clinical aspects of our fields without interference from AMLSN members.

What do you think?
Re: Why Are They Rejecting Microbiology IT Students In Nigeria Hospital? by johnkay1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
United we stand divided we fall. It is only our unity and relentless effort that can bring us back to our feet in medical field because we are in a state of moribund now and if care is not taking we will be restricted to teaching line..

(1) (Reply)

GOGAN Opens Entries For Essay Competition / (photo)!!! Can You Tell The Meaning Of This / Things You Wouldn’t Believe About Countries Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.