Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:01 PM

ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed (3273 Views)

My Oil Light Comes On 1 Minute After I Start My Engine. / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means / What To Do When Your CEL (check Engine Light) Comes On And Stays On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed by nurey(m): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
Good afternoon gurus, the ABS light on my dash stays on sometimes while driving and sometimes doesn't come on car is toyota sienna 2000 model any known reason for that. I think the car has also loss 2 to 3secs brake power.

Also sorry Mr Gazzuzz I called and said I would bring my car on tuesday for the free scan but family work came up so I was preoccupied.

I have not scanned the car I just ordered for my scanner and it may take 7days or less to arrive.
Re: ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
nurey:
Good afternoon gurus, the ABS light on my dash stays on sometimes while driving and sometimes doesn't come on car is toyota sienna 2000 model any known reason for that. I think the car has also loss 2 to 3secs brake power.

Also sorry Mr Gazzuzz I called and said I would bring my car on tuesday for the free scan but family work came up so I was preoccupied.

I have not scanned the car I just ordered for my scanner and it may take 7days or less to arrive.

Failing abs sensor or abs pump could cause the abs to light up, scan for sure.

2-3 second braking power loss: I don't understand. I feel you should have somone look at it and advice you accordingly. I'm still arround, if you are still in town come for a free scan and ill check the brakes for you.
Re: ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Try servicing the Wheel Speed Sensor but still carry out a comprehensive scan though.
Re: ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed by nurey(m): 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Failing abs sensor or abs pump could cause the abs to light up, scan for sure.

2-3 second braking power loss: I don't understand. I feel you should have somone look at it and advice you accordingly. I'm still arround, if you are still in town come for a free scan and ill check the brakes for you.
Tomorrow is new year I would see if I can come but I would call you first before coming to ascertain whether you will be available for me sir.
Re: ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
EconElectronics:
Try servicing the Wheel Speed Sensor but still carry out a comprehensive scan though.

servicing the wheel speed sensor ?

the car needs scanning from scan the code will tell you which wheel from the four wheels

then from there you check the things like connection to the sensor, ABS ring if it does have ABS ring but the code will bring our posible leads to the problem

those sensors are not servicable there replacement part i.e you replace with working one new/used
Re: ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed by nurey(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
Thank you all for your help the ABS issue has been fixed, I noticed my car also has reduced braking efficiency and the hand break doesn't work. Mr gazzuzz gave me a free scan though we couldn't scan the abs but he was able to adjust my hand brake cable and the brake improved.

Few days later, my brother inlaw picked the car for fixing and according to the mecho, the abs was worked on and the cable the front passenger side to be precise was the culprit all was done and fixed now ABS light doesn't come on any more and the brake is shaper than b4.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Can You Identify This Car Part? / Welcome To Chrysler Forum / P1155, P0325 And P0330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.