Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Must Read For All Genius Student: Can This Reduces Failure Rate? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Must Read For All Genius Student: Can This Reduces Failure Rate? (561 Views)

Top 15 Small Businesses Any Student Can Do Right Now / Pictures Every Nigeria Student Can Relate To About Exams (+pics) / I Am An Art Student: Can I Study Computer Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read For All Genius Student: Can This Reduces Failure Rate? by Jiireigedamola: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
NaijaKey.com Genius Poll: Should This Approach Be Adopt To Decrease. Failure In Schools

While discussing educational pedagogy with my brother this morning, we talked about - reducing level of failure in schools especially secondary schools. In the midst of the discussion, he suggested that students who fails should be granted the opportunity to re-write maximum of three subjects exam, during the holiday with appropriate dues.

Therefore, implementing that this will reduce the number of years spent as a slow learner, learning disabled permit me. Hereby giving room for students who could not write their exams at the given period for the best reason, e.g inability to pay fees at given time, accident, maladjusted plan, etc. While I strongly oppose the approach, also highlighting that, this will encourage unseriousness among the student.

However, he therefore cite an example that, assuming one is paying over 500k for school fees in the present state of our economy. Can one bear the loss of money and wastage of time/year of the beloved child? Echoing "I will take my child to another school for next level, or do you think I should waste my child precious time, perhaps the world only needs idea and development to be successful". What do you think about this strategy, GOOD or BAD with reason, your comments means.
Re: Must Read For All Genius Student: Can This Reduces Failure Rate? by MRshazzy: 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
dis is already in place in most schools

but wait oh, why the student no just try do extra lessons and study hard to pass the main exam in the first place?
Re: Must Read For All Genius Student: Can This Reduces Failure Rate? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
Many private schools re already implementing your brother's suggestion but government institutions. The policy is a very good one as it would enable students who are not indolent but due to circumstances beyond their reach were ill prepared for their exams to rise to the challenges given a second chance. Indolent students could also be given a chance to make amend instead of wasting another academic session which is more costlier.

(1) (Reply)

Maths Guru..... Show Ur Strength / ALERT: 2015 Baker Hughes Engineering Internship In Nigeria / If You're Good Solve This Physics Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.