Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon (9192 Views)

Mediatek MT6750T Vs Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 [snapshots] / Apple Files $1 Billion Lawsuit Against Chip Supplier Qualcomm / Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
No Insults. . Just argue with proofs . . . i rep mtk. cheap, easy to operate and customize and also rocks other qualcom and snapdragon on benchmarks. example, tecno r7 is better than samsung s3 and phones below it
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by Randerl: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
MTK l know. Please what is the difference between SnapDragon and Qualcomm? Thanks

ShaheedBinAliyu:
No Insults. . Just argue with proofs . . . i rep mtk. cheap, easy to operate and customize and also rocks other qualcom and snapdragon on benchmarks. example, tecno r7 is better than samsung s3 and phones below it

1 Like

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by samsard(m): 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Why not compare r7 with a Samsung phone with similar specs and of recent make? Coz the S3 is kinda old now.

1 Like

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
samsard:
Why not compare r7 with a Samsung phone with similar specs and of recent make? Coz the S3 is kinda old now.
Good Point. my point stuck on cheapness. besides snapdragons and qualcom only do add unecessary features.

1 Like

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by maxibrainz: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
I go for mtk glo Bis tins
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by francis247(m): 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
OP, Qualcomm is the name of the company that manufactures chipsets including the popular Qualcolmm Snapdragon. It's not a chipset per say. There is absolutely no room for comparison between Snapdragon and MTK. You can compare Snapdragon with Nvidia Tegra or Apple's A series chipset and compare MTK with exynos. Snapdragon remains the best after Apple's A series chipset.

8 Likes

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by zion32(m): 9:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
For raw power and performance, Qualcomm's Snapdragon it is.Mtk Chip set are usually below the benchmark when compared to similar specs Qualcomm chip set .I will go for a quad core snapdragon over an octa core Mtk.

6 Likes

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by UrbanMystique: 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
francis247:
OP, Qualcomm is the name of the company that manufactures chipsets including the popular Qualcolmm Snapdragon. It's not a chipset per say. There is absolutely no room for comparison between Snapdragon and MTK. You can compare Snapdragon with Nvidia Tegra or Apple's A series chipset and compare MTK with exynos. Snapdragon remains the best after Apple's A series chipset.
enlightening

i think it is just marketing.
americans know one thing, (marketing and making their products look superior) that's why apple laptop that has the same spec with lets say lenovo or hp would cost twice as much.

i dont think qualcom is better than mtk. its all marketing. if mtk belonged to americans, im sure the competition would be different.

3 Likes

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by sleeknick: 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
maxibrainz:

bros I hail. how do I know if my done is mtk and how do I sub dat Glo sub? pls put me thru. I use an android phone. BLU STUDIO HD 6.0

I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH ON ANDROID SUBS. HELP A BRODA

1 Like

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by sleeknick: 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
maxibrainz:

bros I hail. how do I know if my fone is mtk, and how do I sub dat Glo sub? pls put me thru. I use an android phone. BLU STUDIO HD 6.0

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by Icudkill: 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
Hehe.. Soo funny.
Comparing snapdragon with mtk
Next you gonna compare koenigsegg with innoson

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by koyla: 1:01am On Jan 01, 2015
I will say,it depends on consumers choice but you can't say this company beats that company when comparing chipsets of old generation to new generation chipsets.
Both companies have lot of chipsets to offer but by comparing, should be chipsets falling in the same price range.
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by koyla: 1:05am On Jan 01, 2015
These two chipsets will be fair enough as they fall in the same price range
Chipset
MediaTek MT6589
Qualcomm MSM8228Q
Manufacturing process
28nm
28nm
Architecture
Cortex A7
Cortex A5
Frequency
1.2 GHz per core
1 GHz per core
GPU
PowerVR SGX 544
Adreno 203
Video Playback
1080p
720p
Screen resolution
1920x1080p
1200x800p
Power Efficiency
High
Low
Camera
13MP max
8MP max
Cores

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by koyla: 1:12am On Jan 01, 2015
MediaTek wins Qualcomm as seen at the table above so it depends on chipset choice, I had the opportunity to choose between Qualcomm msm8210 and MediaTek mt6572
Both have similar specs but my choice was Qualcomm msm8210
Happy New Year
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by am0s(m): 1:13am On Jan 01, 2015
snapdragon.....
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by tomiobj(m): 2:23am On Jan 01, 2015
Randerl:
MTK l know. Please what is the difference between SnapDragon and Qualcomm? Thanks

. I tire forr d op. Just lyk sayn hp is bera than Hewlett Packard
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by adeebayo: 2:25am On Jan 01, 2015
sleeknick:

bros I hail. how do I know if my done is mtk and how do I sub dat Glo sub? pls put me thru. I use an android phone. BLU STUDIO HD 6.0

my guess is mtk. DAT blue phone is d American version of a gionee product.
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by femi4: 2:46am On Jan 01, 2015
sleeknick:

bros I hail. how do I know if my fone is mtk, and how do I sub dat Glo sub? pls put me thru. I use an android phone. BLU STUDIO HD 6.0

Dial *#*#3646633#*#* on your phone, if it takes you to engineering screen, then your phone is mtk
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by Xxpress(m): 4:39am On Jan 01, 2015
Mtk has the fastest processor available now. According to research, snapdragon last more than mtk, but I prefer mtk due to tweaking (glo bis stuff) .

1 Like

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by maxibrainz: 5:49am On Jan 01, 2015
sleeknick:

download CPU Z from play store on your phone open it, if your phone is mtk you would see mediatek written bodly at the top, if yours is mtk get a bb Imei and use mobile uncle to change your phone Imei to bb Imei, you can now sub for 3gb for #1000. Many threads already created check them for detailed procedures

2 Likes

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:50am On Jan 01, 2015
francis247:
Give us a reason why
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:52am On Jan 01, 2015
UrbanMystique:
enlightening

americans know one thing, (marketing and making their products look superior) that's why apple laptop that has the same spec with lets say lenovo or hp would cost twice as much.

i dont think qualcom is better than mtk. its all marketing. if mtk belonged to americans, im sure the competition would be different.
Perfect View

1 Like

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:54am On Jan 01, 2015
Xxpress:
Mtk has the fastest processor available now. According to research, snapdragon last more than mtk, but I prefer mtk due to tweaking (glo bis stuff) .
Me too
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by kenomobola(m): 8:20am On Jan 01, 2015
As stated by a previous poster; Qualcomm makes Snapdragon (a brand name) processors while Mediatek manufactures MTK processors. Snapdragon processors are actually far ahead of MTK processors; from benchmarks to actual performance, Snapdragon s rule them all.
Mediatek's original business plan was to target the lower end of the mobile processor market, but as of 2014, Mediatek has expanded into higher end processor production. In about one or two years MTKs might be on the same footing with Snapdragons.

1 Like

Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by kenomobola(m): 8:32am On Jan 01, 2015
Also note that most flagship phones produced in 2014 made use of Snapdragon processors, even Chinese phones. Also, the Snapdragon 801 is currently the fastest mobile processor in the market.
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by Graphene(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2015
UrbanMystique:
enlightening

Bro, its not really marketing, qualcomm has one of the best chipset as per core performance. Also you guys fail to understand that mtk chipsets uses ARM architecture while qualcomm makes use of a custom architecture just like apple. Checkout the benchmark result of snapdragon 800 vs mediateks mtk6592, the margin is clear. Let's not talk about snapdragon 810, its kills any opf mediatek latest offering. The only competitor to qualcomm is apples's A8,A8x custom cores as well as nvidia tegra cores
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by OGeeKush(m): 11:53am On Jan 01, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

For even comparing mtk with snapdragon alone.. Is insult man.. Wtf!! Try snapdragon vs cortex vs power vr vs exynos... Mtk is shiitt
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by spaceboy: 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
OGeeKush:

For even comparing mtk with snapdragon alone.. Is insult man.. Wtf!! Try snapdragon vs cortex vs power vr vs exynos... Mtk is shiitt
hahaha
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by aadejesu: 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2015
how would you compare snapdragon to mtk? It's like comparing a Ferrari with Toyota, and arguing that Toyota also moves, and they are cheap. talk of power consumption, graphics and speed e.t.c snapdragon chipsets are only second to the apples A8 chipsets. you don't need to argue, just Google it, comparing the two latest chipsets from qualcom and mediatek and see how the snapdragon blows out the Mtk in graphics, speed and performance.........#no contest.
However, if You're not a heavy gamer and a massive multitasker, a mediatek chipset should be able to get you through your day to day use of your smartphone.
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by lawrenceunaa: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
maxibrainz:
non mtk devices can do glo b is but it id risky on their path
i opened a thread on it but a mod hid the topic for reasons best known to him
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by zion32(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2015
Xxpress:
Can you pls name the Mtk processor you claim is the fastest? Have you heard of the snapdragon 810 or even the 615.They blow any mtk chip set out of the water.

And you guys should not compare mtk and snapdragon, even mediatek will not try it, no, not yet.
Re: Mtk Vs Qualcomm And Snapdragon by spaceboy: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
zion32:
Can you pls name the Mtk processor you claim is the fastest? Have you heard of the snapdragon 810 or even the 615.They blow any mtk chip set out of the water.
And you guys should not compare mtk and snapdragon, even mediatek will not try it, no, not yet.
Well ur wrong,research has shown that d mtk 6592 is better than snapdragon 600 or faster

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Set To Release Phantom AIII (A3) With 16GB Internal Memory / 5 Easy Steps To Secure Your Facebook Account / Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.