Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? (18990 Views)

What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? / Types Of People You'll Find At The Crossover Service. / Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
Yeah right , i just asked that , am not the type that does things because everyone is doing it . undecided

What exactly is the significance of cross over night? Is it stated anywhere in the bible ? Apart from the fact that its a time to worship God is there any other spiritual or physical purpose?

I see people run into the church about few minutes to 12 just to enter the next year in the church from all sort of places and it makes me wonder what kind of assurance does it give them?

I need answers ASAP angry

PS: am a beloved child of the most high so no irrelevant quesions.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by DeeBoiyy: 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
I see it as a time to thank God for keeping till the nect year.

The happiness is immense.

Where else is better to thank God for that than in his house? smiley

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by DeeBoiyy: 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2014

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
It is a night you make resolutions or pray your a.s.s out in that name of a new year in God's presence.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
DeeBoiyy:

So you mean you don't thank God throughout the year?
z

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
TheIndustrialist:
It is a night you make resolutions or pray your ass out in that name of a new year in God's presence.

i can as well do that in my room and moreover how many of those resolutions are kept till the middle of the year?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by DeeBoiyy: 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
elantraceey:

z
i don't know about you miss but i think the new year is special
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
elantraceey:

i can as well do that in my room and moreover how many of those resolutions are kept till the middle of the year?

A question for those that are vexed in it .

By the way...you can come over lets crossover together . Lols.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by pato405(m): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
an inexplicable belief
a sanctimonious culture to garner self assurance and faith for things hoped for
what else do you expect from a generation groomed with superstition....

even the bible itself states...'faith without works is useless'

if its as effective as its religiously practised in this part of the world, one might begin to wonder why its not a daily practise...why wait till night of 31st Dec?

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by theV0ice: 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
No significance whatsoever except allowing some folks to practice a 10minute spirituality once every year. Enter church by 11:55pm, go back to the club by 12:05am to continue their life as usual.

What are you even crossing over when the Australians already welcomed the new year 10 or 12hrs earlier?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Pavore9: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
Well stepping into a new year comes with a feeling and personally believe one does not necessary have to be inside a church to usher it in. l quietly watched the fireworks from my balcony, appreciating God for the blessings of the years past.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Onyeasi(m): 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
Its New Year In Australia, India and Some Other Countries and Its not In Nigeria? GEJ Has Failed Us
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by vooks: 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
From the Director of Grammy winning blockbuster 'Christmas' this is 'Crossover Night'
There is a Naija prayer merchant based in Canada or US who makes a killing selling prayers to storm the gates of the next year. Aks him
http://www.elishagoodman.org/prayer/27-minutes-to-midnight-report-2015
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 01, 2015
It doesn't make any sense to me.
January first is like every other day to me. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 01, 2015
Why did u create another account by the way?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by lolaxavier(m): 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
I see it as a night of many confused and clueless beings.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by italo: 8:41am On Jan 04, 2015
For me, end of year is a time to take stock. Businesses do it. Other organizations do it. But what better way to take stock of your life than to check in with our Father who gave us the life.

The mass is always very solemn and awesome.

Also, you get share the felicitations with your Church family...a family which is very important to a Catholic.

Another reason a Catholic would do it is that Jan 1 is a 'Holy Day of Obligation' meaning we must go to Church...and many times, attending 31st December Mid night mass suffices for that.

It is not a must...but those are reasons Catholics do it.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Movesz(m): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
elantraceey:

smoke weed kind of most High?

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
Movesz:
smoke weed kind of most High?

cheesycheesycheesy

Is it everything you'll have to joke with?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Movesz(m): 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
elantraceey:

Is it everything you'll have to joke with?
do i sound like a joker?

Now i know why do dont do cross over..

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Movesz:
do i sound like a joker?

Now i know why do dont do cross over..

yes you are , why will you equate my father to weeds , can you imagine? undecided

Why?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Movesz(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
Jokes On You
elantraceey:

yes you are , why will you equate my father to weeds , can you imagine? undecided

REPLY.cheesy WELL I DONT MIND

Why?

REPLY.cheesy I WILL NOT TELL YOU
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 10:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
Movesz:
Jokes On You

you are not just a joker but a big joke .

smh

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by Movesz(m): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
elantraceey:

you are not just a joker but a big joke .

smh
whtats the meaning of smh?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by robosky02(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
the cross over night or pass over night is a replica of what God commanded the israelite to fo in Exo 12.
the night before they left egypt

1 it is to prepare them for the promise land or new year
2. a night when God jugdge thier enemies
3 a night they cross over to the next level
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by tk4rd: 2:12am On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:

z
We are birthday mates.. Me, you, orijin101, safarigirl, Funmadeb and so on.. Happy birthday to us.. More years, and a happy life ahead.. grin grin cool
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by openmine(m): 4:48am On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:
Yeah right , i just asked that , am not the type that does things because everyone is doing it . undecided

What exactly is the significance of cross over night? Is it stated anywhere in the bible ? Apart from the fact that its a time to worship God is there any other spiritual or physical purpose?

I see people run into the church about few minutes to 12 just to enter the next year in the church from all sort of places and it makes me wonder what kind of assurance does it give them?

I need answers ASAP angry

I think different people during that period go to d church for different reasons best known to them...
for me i personally believe its another time and opportunity to come together with other believers to worship,pray,praise and Thank God for bringing us into yet another year and committing d new year into his care...
..Though its also possible to do it alone,cos there is no kind of repercussion if you dont attend service during the "cross over"..
....you are at liberty to choose what suits you...but you know dat no one is an island...and it wont hurt to spend at least 20mins with other believers to glorify God for his awesome deeds dat for that year....!
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 9:14am On May 19, 2015
tk4rd:
We are birthday mates.. Me, you, orijin101, safarigirl, Funmadeb and so on.. Happy birthday to us.. More years, and a happy life ahead.. grin grin cool

Thanks cheesy

And happy birthday to each and every birthday mate smiley

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by tk4rd: 3:24pm On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:

Thanks cheesy

And happy birthday to each and every birthday mate smiley
Wia the party go dey naa.?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 5:29pm On May 19, 2015
tk4rd:

no party o
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by elantraceey(f): 5:30pm On May 19, 2015
tk4rd:

no party o
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? by tk4rd: 3:20am On May 20, 2015
elantraceey:

no party o
I wasn't preparing for party though.. But three set of pple surprised me with surprise parties.. It was fun all thru

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos) / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? / 5 Things You Should Do Before You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.