Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,831 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

"Last Night" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Last Night" (10520 Views)

About Last Night / I Died Last Night / The Last Night Of The Creaking Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 9:11am On Jan 01, 2015
My fellow Nairalanders, literature gurus in the house, authors like me and guests, i present to you"last night", a short fictional story.

Characters: Obinna, Nelly, Julie, harry, pius, Sandy, and Jumai.

Plot: Julie's husband, Obinna helps his friend Pius who is engaged to Sandy, to prepare for their wedding.
Obinna met Nelly, sister to Sandy, the indending bride. He was fond of her.
He tells his friend harry about Nelly.
The wedding was fixed and Harry met Nelly. Harry's crush on Nelly din't last long when Jumai, friend of Obinna's wife Julie came along...

Sit back, read and enjoy, as i strive to make it really interesting and full of suspense...

I really love honest evaluations. Please show your support by pointing out the mistakes i make which i'll gladly accept, also don't forget to show your appreciation for this little work of mine..

I remain loyal, KINGSTYLO
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2015
[b]It was cold and dark, in the middle of the night, when Julie heard a loud noise. She was terrified. Quietly, she stood up from her bed and took her phone to check what time it was.

"43 munites past one?" she asked herself.

taking her touchlight that was lying by the side of her bed, she headed slowly towards the door. The noise she was hearing grew louder and louder. Her heartbeat grew faster and faster.

"where is this noise coming from?" she whispered to herself, still terrified.

Placing her left ear against the door, she listened carefully. The noise began to reduce. Julie was scared to open the door because what she was hearing looked like two men whispering. Even though she was scared, her curiousity was pushing her outside. She carefully opened the door and peeped. Although it was dark, the moon's faint rays made it possible for her to partialy see through the darkness.

Looking towards the direction the noise was coming from, she saw some faint figures. She dared not to go further. She coudn't sleep too for the fear of the unknown. Still peeping, she summoned the courage to checkout what it was. Afterall, her husband Obinna travelled a day before yesterday and she was the only one at home..[/b]
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
Julie carefully went towards the gate, where the noise was coming from.

"shh! I can hear some footsteps" said one of the voices, in a whisper.

Julie paused. What is she hearing? Could these be armed robbers? The whispers now stoped. Julie became the more curious to know who they are. Slowly she moved to the gate. The night was so silent that julie could hear her footstep sounding as loud as a drum.

"run! They're near!" said another voice, in a whisper.

They took to their heels. Julie moved fast to the gate. She saw two figures of what looked like men running. She wondered who they are and what they were doing. If they are armed robbers, they probably wouldn't have ran away. She breathed deeply and cautiously walked back inside. Julie just can't wait for dawn to know what really happened. When she got in, she checked her phone and it was 2:03am
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2015
[b]------------

It was almost 7:30am. The birds have woken up from their sleep, the burterflies were happily dancing, flying everywhere. The sun is gradually rising from it's sleep warming the earth and moving almost un-noticed to the west. All the beauty of nature have woken up, but there was still one sleeping beauty, Julie. Since she went back to sleep around 2:07am, she hasn't opened her eyes.

Julie wore a white gown and was singing. She was on top of a mango tree singing. Suddenly, she stopped singing and everywhere was silent. After some seconds, the the microphone was given given back to her by the receptionist of the mango tree, and she started singing again. The microphone was taken from her again. Then given back to her. This happened more than seven times. Julie was still singing when she opened her eyes and realised that she had been dreaming. She looked around her room to see if the receptionist was still there, but neither the receptionist nor the mango tree did she see. She was lying on her matrimonial bed. Alas! She has been dreaming. Her phone began to ring. She realised it was the same song she had been singing in her dream.

"Oh no" she said to herself.

Her phone had been ringing since, but in her dream she thought was the one singing and never knew it was her phone ringing. Julie answered the call.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 1:17am On Jan 02, 2015
[b]"hello baby" Obinna said.

"my sweetheart" Replied Julie.

"i've been calling your line for more than eight times dear. Are you still sleeping?"

"yes honey", replied Julie "i din't sleep much at night"

"what happened dear?" Obinna asked his wife.

Julie narrated to her
husband all that happend at night. Obinna was shocked about it.

"hope you are fine?" He asked her.

"yes darling, am ok. I'll ask the neighbours what it was" she replied. "Am really missing you darling, when will you be back?"

"Missing your beatiful face too. I'll be back probably by this time tommorrow. We are working hard to fix the wedding" replied Obinna.

"alright my love. Thank God Pius finally agreed settle down"

They talked for more than an hour, then Obinna hanged up the call. Julie got up from her bed, stretched her body and prepared to visit their neighbour.

On getting to the gate, she was shocked about what she saw. Julie just couldn't believe her eyes.

"for God's sake, what is this supposed to mean?" she asked herself, looking sternly at what she saw.

At the front of her gate, pieces of papers were litered everywhere. They looked like someone's credentials. She looked to her right and saw her neighbour with two policemen discusing. When the policemen finished and were leaving, she walked up to her neighbour to know what actually happened.

"Mama gerald, what happened? I heard some strange noise last night" asked julie.

Julie's neighbour told her that at night, at about 1am, two men carrying guns came to their house to rob. One of them, short and black, pointed his gun at her husband. The other one pointed his at her head, asking them for money. Mama Gerald's husband, being a sturbon man refused to answer them. The one pointing his gun at her head asked her to lie on the floor, with her face facing the ground. She obeyed. He left her and went into their room. He husband was furious and with great courage, looked at his captive's face, but he wasn't looking at him. Papa Gerald quicky snatched the gun the robber was pointing at him [/b]
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 9:10am On Jan 02, 2015
[b]The black short robber in reaction quickly charged at papa Gerald who's now on his feet. He gave papa Gerald a heavy blow which landed papa gerald to the floor, making the gun to forcefully leave his hand and landed on the floor.
When mama Gerald heard the sound of somebody falling on the floor, she quickly open her eyes and to her surprise, it was her husband! She became terrified, and watched the scene, still lying on the floor.

"only if he listened!" she said to herself.

The black short robber moved foward to pick the gun. As he bent down, Papa Gerald, quickly stood up and kicked him hard that he nearly fell on the floor but managed to hold his balance, and charged at Papa Gerald. They both had a serious fight, struggling for the gun. The robber managed to give Papa Gerald another heavy punch with his hand that sent him to the floor. He quickly reached out for the gun, pointing it at Papa Gerald, who was still on the floor, breathing heavilly. Papa gerald was so weak that he din't know what to do. He just lay with his stomach on the floor, looking at the robber who is pointing a gun at him. His hand was at the trigger, ready to shoot. At this juncture, papa Gerald closed his eyes.

"umpoo! Pau! Pau!" was the sound.

He opened his eyes and to his surprise saw his wife standing in front of him, with one of their side stool in her hand, while the black short robber was on the floor. Wonderful! He hasn't been shot. He quickly got up and picked the gun.
They started hearing footsteps advancing from their bedroom. Papa Gerald motioned to his wife with his finger to keep quite. They both silently went to to the door of their bedroom, staying at each side of the door with Mama Gerald still holding the stool raised up, waiting to hit the second robber. The footsteps they heard stopped. They became eager. Mama Gerald wanted to go in, but her husband motioned her not to move [/b]
Re: "Last Night" by Mario1983(m): 9:19am On Jan 02, 2015
good wan, following

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2015
Mario1983:
good wan, following
thanks for following bro. I promise to make it worth reading
Re: "Last Night" by Onemansquad(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
Walks into d thread
op carry on me dy follow u til d end
btw 9c storyline u gat here

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Onemansquad:
Walks into d thread
thanks ma guy. i promise you wont follow in vain. promise to make the journey lively and full of suspense wink
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Onemansquad:
Walks into d thread
Shey na everywia u dey go ni! Ai dey monitor u wid ma assasins!

#btw, mehn! Dz stori make brains make I no lie o! Dt Papa gerald get mind ai swear! I dey 4lo dz tori till end

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by stuff46(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
bro i hate short stories but i go sign in to this

btw i go analyse ur work letr and bring ma observations letr.
skpw i de ur back, yu and ur assasins go feel m if yu touch my boy

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Skimpledawg:

#btw, mehn! Dz stori make brains make I no lie o! Dt Papa gerald get mind ai swear! I dey 4lo dz tori till end
thanks bro. papa Gerald dey act chaki chan! grin
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
stuff46:
bro i hate short stories but i go sign in to this

btw i go analyse ur work letr and bring ma observations letr.
skpw i de ur back, yu and ur assasins go feel m if yu touch my boy

@ short stories,no mind me, i go try make am longer wink

@ analyse, i dey wait o! abeg give me honest review wink

thanks for following cheesy
Re: "Last Night" by akinboyejnr(m): 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
Following... But pls make d updates longer.

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
akinboyejnr:
Ahh! My Oga dey hia too! *hands him a bottle of Orijin*

@stuff46, u beta hide o cos na sniper assassins dey come
@King, ya tori dey like film, abeg continue

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
akinboyejnr:
alright boss!

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
uploading.........
Re: "Last Night" by Onemansquad(m): 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Shey na everywia u dey go ni! Ai dey monitor u wid ma assasins!

u no fit do anytin bro
Re: "Last Night" by akinboyejnr(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Ahh! My Oga dey hia too! *hands him a bottle of Orijin*
origin ke, give me coca-cola jare
Re: "Last Night" by dkronicle(m): 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Me kwa go join writers o.

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
dkronicle:
Me kwa go join writers o.
dkronicle, you are highly welcome. When you go start? cheesy
Re: "Last Night" by Rounakid(m): 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
*runs in with biq baq of weed and one fine lonq notebook...* aaaaah... Dix quy na another baba ooo... U are actually d kinq... Ride on.... Eeeehen... Wey all dix qanja men... Wey full dix thread...! Onemansquad,Stuff, and bluestarry dem... Make una come ooo... Ibadan weed don show... **finds a remote area in d thread to hide from d people i called...**
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
[b]As they watched, the armed robber inside with great speed rushed out of the room.

"pau! Pau! Paey!" was the sound.

Mama Gerald landed her stool, thinking she had hit the theif, but alas! It was her husband that the stool landed upon, three consecutive times! grin . Papa Gerald was now on the floor, unconscious. Mama Gerald quickly rushed down and held her husband. Blood was all over his head because he was badly hurt. The robber was so lucky that he wasn't the one. He immediately rushed to where his colleague was lying on the floor and tapped him. They both took to their heels, forgeting their guns behind.

"hope it's the money that's in there?" asked the black short robber, as they fled.

They stopped at Mr. Obinna's gate at 1:33am, opening the brief case but to their disappointment, it was wasn't the money! The short black robber was angry and scattered all the documents on the floor, shouting at his colleague.
Back at Papa Gerald's house, his wife was still crying because he hasn't made any movement. As she cried, sleep strongly came over her. She tried hard to overcome the sleep, but it was stronger than her resistance. Sleep started singing romantically into her ears, seducing her. She tried so hard to overcome it, but to no avail. Slowly she was giving in to sleep's temptation and she finally slept.
By the time she woke up around 6:00am, her husband wasn't there.

"Papa Gerald has started again. Where has he gone to?" she asked herself.

She peeped into the bedroom but he wasn't there. She went to the kitchen and looked for him, but he wasn't in the kitchen too. She became worried, went to the living room and picked her handset. Dialing his number, she went into their bedroom and found his phone there, ringing. She became restless and moved to and fro. She waited for him and finally he came back home with two policemen. They narrated to the policemen what happened, and handed them the gun that the two armed robbers left behind. When the policemen examined the gun, they started laughing. Both Papa Gerald and his wife were surprised. Why should the policemen be laughing when they know that the case is a serious one?

"They are toy guns" they said, still laughing.

Papa Gerald and his wife were greatly surprised.

"No wonder they fled. They are not even armed robbers but toy robbers" Papa gerald thought to himself.

----
Meanwhile, when Julie heard about what happened, she was shocked and assured mama Gerald that the two robbers would be caught. After sympathising with Mama Gerald, Julie went back home.

-------

Obinna was still with Pius, preparing for his wedding. His bride to be, Sandy came to visit him. She came along with Nelly, her immediate younger sister. As soon as they entered, Nelly's eyes met with that of Obinna. Obinna could see fire in her eyes. Nelly's face glowed like the sun. He stared at her in admiration for some seconds, but neither Pius nor Sandy noticed. They exchanged pleasantries and they all sat down in the living room, gisting. Like the popular saying, "a woman's beauty is pleasing to the eyes but disturbing to the mind", Obinna's mind became troubled as thought of Nelly's beauty flashed through his mind. Occassionally, he would stare at her to catch a glimpse of her beauty. Nelly, being a sharp lady noticed him, but pretended as if nothing was happening. After much discusion about the wedding, it was time for Obinna to go home and meet his wife, Julie.

----
The next day, as Obinna came home, he was welcomed by his wife Julie.

"welcome home honey, i've really missed you" Julie said, as she hugged her husband.

He felt the comfort of her chest and said "i've missed you too, cutiepie"

They went to their bedroom and discussed for a while about the wedding of Pius. All said and done, his wedding was coming coming up on the 4th of March, two weeks from now. Obinna did not only think about the wedding, he saw Nelly's face and fantasized about her. Oh! How he wanted to set his eyes on her again....
[/b]
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Rounakid:
*runs in with biq baq of weed and one fine lonq notebook...* aaaaah... Dix quy na another baba ooo... U are actually d kinq... Ride on.... Eeeehen... Wey all dix qanja men... Wey full dix thread...! Onemansquad,Stuff, and bluestarry dem... Make una come ooo... Ibadan weed don show... **finds a remote area in d thread to hide from d people i called...**
thanks rounakid, enjoy! cheesy
Re: "Last Night" by JulietAKK(f): 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
Obinna fantasizing about Nelly?. Okay

Great story and I'm enjoying it... Really

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
JulietAKK:

i don't know for Obinna oh! He's a married man for that matter

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
JulietAKK:

Men, married or not cnt just stop fantasizing bout a lady's beauty! Its just natural....'We' were created to admire God's handiwork cheesy...! Buh d way Oga Obinna is now going, my hand no dey!

Great work Kingstyl!

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Men, married or not cnt just stop fantasizing bout a lady's beauty! Its just natural....'We' were created to admire God's handiwork cheesy...! Buh d way Oga Obinna is now going, my hand no dey!

Great work Kingstyl!
you na correct guy! we guys eh! sha i no blame us. we are atracted by sight grin
Re: "Last Night" by LadyCaty(f): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sum guys eehh..upon hez marid †̥ a beautiful wife..oliver twist obinna..nyc story sha..op pls kum nd finish wat u ve strtd o cool

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
LadyCaty:
Sum guys eehh..upon hez marid †̥ a beautiful wife..oliver twist obinna..nyc story sha..op pls kum nd finish wat u ve strtd o cool
you no go blame guys na, na our nature....

More updates coming shortly...
Re: "Last Night" by JulietAKK(f): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Great work Kingstyl!
Lol. Your hand must follow for oga Obinna own oooh.
Obinna should keep fantasizing.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beware of the Scammer Tommyikes, Maya, Fidelis or Ifeanyi(Patricia) Aganyi / Book Marketers & Distributors In Nigeria / Oriki Orile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.