Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

"Last Night" - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Last Night" (10547 Views)

About Last Night / I Died Last Night / The Last Night Of The Creaking Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
[b]----
Obinna had just parked his plane in his garage. He stepped out and was about going into his house when he saw a young beautiful lady, wearing a pink sleeveless gown. He didn't recognise her at first, so he walked towards her. When he got close enough, he smiled. Guess who he saw?
A beautiful lady whose eyes shone like the sun, lips as tasty as an apple. She had two white wings, as white as snow. O! How lucky Obinna is! It's Nelly, his crush! She stretched out her right hand to him, he happily took her hand, bowed down and kissed it. She smile at him and stared into his eyes.
All of a sudden, before Obinna knew what was happening Nelly flew away from him saying:

"catch me if you can"

then she blew kisses to him. Obinna din't know what to do. He knew that opportunity comes but once, and he din't want to loose sight of her, not this time! He had no wings, so what is he going to do?

"even though i have no wings, i must fly!" he said to himself.

Quickly, he rushed into his garrage, entered his plane and flew it!

"Yes! At last i'll chase you till i get you for myself" he said, as he flew the plane.

Nelly looked back and saw Obinna coming after her with his plane. She flew higher and higher with her wings into the sky , hoping to get far away from Obinna, but he followed her with passion, cruising in his plane. As he chased her higher, he began to see clouds. Nelly however could not go any further. She gave up, because Obinna was eager to get her. She just paused up there in the sky with her wings flipping. Obinna smiled as he flew around her.

"hop into my plane baby, let me take you to places you've never been before" Obinna said, as he opened the door of his plane for her.
Nelly was shy and refused to enter but Obinna continued pleading with her, until she finally flew into his plane. He flew with her all around the country, then he took her abroad and showed her the seven wonders of the ancient world, one after the other.

Firstly, he took her to Egypt and showed her the pyramids at Giza. Nelly saw how wonderful they were and was pleased.

Obinna now took her to see the hanging gardens of Babylon.
"wow" She exclaimed "these gardens are beautiful".
"i'll build you a palace more beautiful than this one" He told her.

From Babylon, he flew her to Turkey where he showed her the Temple of Artemis. Nelly was marvelled at it's huge structure and beauty.

From Turkey, he flew he to Rhodes to see the Colossus of Rhodes. Nelly saw how huge the statue was. Obinna flew her under the legs of the statue which was wide enough for seven submarines to pass through at once.

"oh sorry!" he told her. "i left egypt without showing you the Lighthouse of Alexandria. Let me take you back there, my juicy mango".
Obinna incresed the gear of his plane and flew her to Alexandria. He flew round the lighthouse, while Nelly enjoyed the show.

After visiting Alexandria, they flew straight to Halicarnassus to see the great mausoleum.

Obinna hurriedly flew to Greece, to see the statue of Zeus. When he got there, his times was almost up.

He quickly flew her back to Nigeria and rushed to his compound. Carefully he parked his plane in his garage, came down, went round to the other side and opened the door for Nelly.
Nelly magestically came down from the plane, still loking beautiful in her sleeveless pink gown. Obinna used his left hand to draw her close to himself, drew her chin closer with his right hand, closed his eyes and was about to kiss her when he heard someone calling his name. The voice was familiar. He turned back and saw that it was his wife!
"Honey, honey, what are you doing here?" Julie his wife asked him.
He was shocked and immediately removed his hand from Nelly's waist. Nelly, not wanting any trouble from his wife flew away with her wings. Obinna just didn't know what to do, because his wife was frowning at him.

"wake up! Wake up! Honey, it's 7:45am, please wake"
Obinna opened his eyes, and when he saw his wife, he knew he had been dreaming! Oh no! He didn't meet any Nelly. When did Nelly grew wings? He didn't even have any plane. When did he ever became a pilot? Even if he had a plane, where would he park it, in his garage? Oh! Oh!! All the tour to the seven wonders was just dreams!
How he wished it was real! How he wished his wife has not woken him up.
Still staring at his wife, Obinna was not looking happy and didn't say a word.

"honey whats wrong? You're looking so dull" asked Julie his wife.
Obinna didn't answer. He stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom. His wife kept wondering what was wrong with him.

After cleaning up, Obinna came to the living room, watching T.V while his wife was busy in the kitchen.

Breakfast was now ready. She served him fried plantain, fried egg, bread and tea in a neat tray. Obinna ate breakfast. When he finished, his wife Julie took the tray back to the kitchen to clean. She joined him in the living room and they gisted, but Nelly was still in his mind...[/b]
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 10:07am On Jan 04, 2015
JulietAKK:

Lol. Your hand must follow for oga Obinna own oooh.
Obinna should keep fantasizing.....
No nau! He shuld'nt continue! He is married! Assumin tis a young niqqa like me, ehen! grin...u knw na

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by JulietAKK(f): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2015
Skimpledawg:

No nau! He shuld'nt continue! He is married! Assumin tis a young niqqa like me, ehen! grin...u knw na
Lol. I know. I understand

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 10:55am On Jan 04, 2015
JulietAKK:

Lol. I know. I understand
Cool! Hapi sunday to u Julie wink

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2015
[b]"You aren't looking happy sweetheart, whats wrong with you?" asked Julie, looking sternly into her husbands eyes. She could see the trouble clouding in his mind through his eyes.

"Nothing dear" answered Obinna, as he kept his eyes away from her "i didn't have a comfortable night rest".
As they discussed, Obinna's phone rang.
He stood up and quickly went to the bedroom where it was and picked up the call.

"Obillo my right hand man! Whats up?"

"Am good o! How's enjoyment?"

"Enjoyment? Which enjoyment? I should be the one asking you na. You are enjoining day by day, you know na. You already have a wife"

"hahahaha! Bad guy. You'll never change o! Am i the one that is hindering you from getting married?"

"You know how laddies have dissappointed me in the past and I don't trust them again. No one will break this fragile heart of mine again. Never! I have locked my heart, no vacancy for love!"

"Hahahaha! Harry, you are funny o! just because Yemi left you doesn't mean all ladies are the same. Come on guy, you aren't getting any younger! Better look for a wife and settle down before you turn grandpa. Anyway, a very close friend of mine is getting married in two weeks time. You are highly invited. Who knows if you'll find your missing rib at the wedding"

"missing rib my foot! All my ribs are complete bro. Anyway, i'll attend, not for wife hunt but just for the fun of it"

"thats ma guy speaking! You'll enjoy this wedding, i assure you. We are already making great preparations for it. By the way, when are you playing Liverpool?"

"today by 6:00pm. You know me na, i'll surely trash Liverpool. Am not like you claiming to be gunners but have no bullet in your Gun. I pity you when you play Sunderland"

"stop that bro am getting three points when i play Sunderland! Am i not better than you? Chelsea spelt the name of your new boss, Van Gaal. Isn't that embarrasing? Hahahaha. I laugh at you in Swahili bro"

"i don't blame you at all. I blame your coach. Anyway, am wining liverpool today"

"am just laughing at you. Let's watch and see"

Harry hanged up the call, and Obinna went back to his wife in the living room.
-----

A week and four days passed. Its now three days left to Pius wedding. The wedding prepartions are almost complete. All the drinks and foods have been taken care of. The venue for the reception has been booked for already. Family members, friends and well wishers all waiting eagerly for the main event. The vibes was in the air.

Julie was in the market buying soup ingredients when someone tapped her from behind. She turned back to see who it was.

"oh! Jumai my good friend. This one you came to the market today, snow will fall in Aba oh!"

"Don't mind me dear. I just decided to buy some detergents. How's your husband?"

"he's doing fine o!"

"i see. It's all over you. See the way you are glitering. He must be taking good care of you"

"if he doesn't take care of me, who will?"

They both burst out into laughter, Julie using her left hand to shake that of Jumai in the air.

"Before i forget, me and my husband are attending a wedding next tommorrow. Do you care to join us?"

"of course i will. You know how i love attending weddings. Oh! How i wish it's my wedding"

"don't worry dear. You'll find your romeo at the wedding"

"i pray so o! Ever since Tony broke my heart, i haven't been myself. Imagine, he proposed to me and left me for another lady. Is that fair?" said Jumai, almost breaking into tears.

"don't worry Jumai, this time around, you will find a guy who truely loves you"

They both stood there in the crowded, noisy and busy market, gisting as if they haven't seen each other for the past century.
They talked about clothes, shoes, bags and fashion in general. They gisted about the latest nollywood movie in town, bursting into laughter and shouting at the top of their voices. When they started talking about one rich man whose wife died a mysterious death just a few days ago, they lowered their voices to the extend that if it was in the middle of the night, you will hear the sound of a needle falling to the ground than their voices.

"i know he used her for ritual!" said Julie.

"that's what i have thought about too. This wicked world. And i heard that his only son is in great danger because they will ask for him soon. But don't tell anyone i told you o!" said Jumai, as she stretched her left ear with her hand, as if she was warning Julie.

"i won't na. Also please don't tell anyone about what i told you concerning Mama Ebube's first daugther's pregnancy o! She asked me not to tell anyone" Julie said.

"trust me na. I always keep secrets" answered Jumai.

They stood there gisting for almost two hours, before Jumai's phone began to ring.

"Honey what kept you so long now? I thought you only want to buy soup ingredients, or are you buying the whole market?" asked Obinna.

"i'm sorry sweetheart, i'll be back soon" Julie answered.

She then bid Jumai farewell and looked for a keke to take her home[/b]
Re: "Last Night" by JulietAKK(f): 12:36am On Jan 06, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Cool! Hapi sunday to u Julie wink
Thank you,Skimple. Hope you had a fun filled Sunday
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
JulietAKK:

Thank you,Skimple. Hope you had a fun filled Sunday
aufcos! as per 1st sunday of d yr nau! u knw hw we roll babie
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
Skimpledawg:

hmmm... I just dey watch una o! wink
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
kingstylo01:
hmmm... I just dey watch una o! wink
Oga Kings chill nau! My Pastor tel me say na dz year I go c dt my bone of bone! So allow me grin
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Oga Kings chill nau! My Pastor tel me say na dz year I go c dt my bone of bone! So allow me grin
grin grin

hmmm... Hunting mode activated grin grin grin
Re: "Last Night" by alberto2k(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Oga Skimpledawg free diz nigga make him update na

Kingstylo01, we dey wait fa undecided
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
alberto2k:

*sips chilled alomo n looks away.*.....Alberto no provoke me again o! I too dey vex on tuesdays 4 evening! undecided
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
kingstylo01:
grin grin

hmmm... Hunting mode activated grin grin grin
Oga Kings come update o cos ma crew wey I invite dey provoke easily o!....just 1 more update dz evenin make alberto2k for sleep well grin
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
alberto2k:

alberto2k, no vex i go update very soon o grin
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Oga Kings come update o cos ma crew wey I invite dey provoke easily o!....just 1 more update dz evenin make alberto2k for sleep well grin
da boss, i go update soon, just that my ink don nearly dry undecided

anyway, i go try update am today

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by JulietAKK(f): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Lol. Of course. Once in a while grooving is good for the body and maybe the heart!. Lol
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
[b]---
As she reached the main road, it was as busy as a bee hive. She waited patiently for a keke. All the keke's that were passing where already filled up. An empty keke then drove with speed and stoped in front of her.

"Madam, hurry up and enter before this keke is filled up" said the keke rider, as he seemed to be in a hurry.

Julie wanted to enter into the keke, but she paused and looked at his face. The keke rider's face looked suspicious to her. Her mind was divided into two, one telling her to enter because she is late already and her husband is waiting for her, the other cautioning her not to step an inch, because the guy's mood looks fishy.

"madam enter na, stop wasting my time" said the keke rider, looking very desperate.

Julie finally made up her mind. She hop into the keke and the rider drove off. As he drove, he came accross a young man who motioned with his hand for them to stop. The keke rider stoped there and picked him up. As he entered, he din't even say a word to Julie. This made her restless. She however composed herself as they moved on. They were gradually approaching their next stop when suddenly an okada man who was speeding with two passengers ran into them. This caused the keke rider to loose control and he ran into a ditch. In the twinkle of an eye, passers-bye rushed immediately to their rescue. The whole place soon became crowded. The okada man together with his two passengers were already on the floor, unconscious. They were quickly attended to. The okada rider sustained some injuries on his elbow, while the other two passangers of his had only small bruises. Quicky, someone rushed with a bucket of water and poured it on them. The three of them quickly regained consciousness and look around in confusion.
Meanwhile, the keke has already been brought out from the ditch. To the surprise of those that came to the rescue and luckily for those in the keke, no one was hurt! They all stood there thanking God. Eye witnesses began blaming the okada rider. The keke rider went to his vehicle to check it out but it was already damaged and couldn't be used at the moment. Julie however paid him his money, and so did the other guy. They both left the scene, heading their seperate ways. Julie head straight to the closest bus stop and took another keke home.
When she got home, she met her husband in the living room.

"what kept you this long?" asked Obinna her husband, looking dissapointed.

"sorry for staying long sweetheart, it's just that the market was crowded as usual" answered Julie as she blushed.

Obinna smiled back at her and said "alright my juicyapple, come and give me a hug".

He opened his arms wide and hugged his wife.

"but something happend today honey" said Julie, still in her husbands arms, as she looked into his eyes.

"what is that dear? Hope its not something bad" asked Obinna, looking worried.

"as i was coming back from the market i had an accident. An okada rider who was speeding ran into our keke. Thank God no one was lost"

"you don't mean it? Whats the problem with all these okada men self? Haven't they been banned by the government?"

"i don't know for them. But the government is unfair. Why ban them from using okada without providing an alternative to make them continue with work? Instead they banned them and left them without anything to do. How will they now feed their family?"

"my dear let's not go into politics now. Am hungry, please prepare something for me".

Julie went to the kitchen and prepared ofe-owerri for her husband. Julie was indeed a good cook, and thats one of the reasons Obinna loves her and hardly goes out to eat. When she was still in primary school, Julie's mum taught her how to cook. As she grew up, her mum always told her that the shortest way to a man's heart is through his stomach, hence any woman that wants to keep her husband must be a good cook.

As Obinna waited patiently in the living room for his meal to be ready, his wife came out from the kitchen with a tray, containing pounded yam and ofe-owerri. Obinna smiled as she presented the meal to him. He was already salivating. Julie went into the kitchen and brought water in a bowl for him to wash his hands. She joined him and they ate to their satisfaction.

------
The atmosphere was bright and sweet. Everyone present at the wedding reception was looking great. The single ladies dressed more beautifully than the bride. It was indeed a happy day as all were looking cheerful. Obinna was sitting with his wife and her friend Jumai around their own special table. However, Harry has not arrived. Obinna looked around to see if he can spot him. As he looked, he saw Nelly near the entrance door. She was beautifully dressed. Obinna's heart began falling for her. However, he controlled himself because he didn't want his wife to notice. They were still enjoying the show when Harry entered. He spotted Obinna from the entrance and joined them. Obinna introduced him to Jumai. she smiled as she saw him. Harry smiled too. Jumai couldn't take her eyes off him. Julie noticed it but pretended as if nothing was happening. She is happy for her friend [/b]
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
JulietAKK:

Lol. Of course. Once in a while grooving is good for the body and maybe the heart!. Lol
Nw dats mah lady!!! U just hit d bull's eye wit dz comment! D heart needs to jollificate as well u knw! grin

Lehme go n read dt update! *strolls in wit chilled Pure Heaven wine....whu wants a cup?
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
JulietAKK:

Nw dats mah lady!!! U just hit d bull's eye wit dz comment! D heart needs to jollificate as well u knw! grin
.....hope ya day wz splendid?

Lehme go n read dt update! *strolls in wit chilled Pure Heaven wine....whu wants a cup?

2 Likes

Re: "Last Night" by JulietAKK(f): 12:01am On Jan 07, 2015
Skimpledawg:

.....hope ya day wz splendid?

Lol.I know, helps keep the body and soul in good shape.
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 12:04am On Jan 07, 2015
JulietAKK:

Just dnt tell me u read psychology?
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 12:04am On Jan 07, 2015
JulietAKK:

Just dnt tell me u read psychology?...._ u soundin like 1
Re: "Last Night" by JulietAKK(f): 12:11am On Jan 07, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Just dnt tell me u read psychology?...._ u soundin like 1
Lol. Nah,I didn't.
Re: "Last Night" by alberto2k(m): 12:19am On Jan 07, 2015
Oga Skimpledawg

Thou art hailing thee grin

2 Likes

Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 12:23am On Jan 07, 2015
JulietAKK:

Lol. Nah,I didn't.
Ok...come! *takes her inside nd spreads mat....come sleep lady* grin...#plays blues for her*

Oga alberto2k, I nor dey like dz tin u dey do me o! U just dey make me shy grin...allow me na weda na hia I go c d bone of ma bone
Re: "Last Night" by JulietAKK(f): 12:35am On Jan 07, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Ok...come! *takes her inside nd spreads mat....come sleep lady* grin...#plays blues for her*

Oga alberto2k, I nor dey like dz tin u dey do me o! U just dey make me shy grin...allow me na weda na hia I go c d bone of ma bone
Lol,Skimple. Thank you for the blues.
Re: "Last Night" by TerryE(m): 4:48am On Jan 07, 2015
Op, its taking u one week already to post this story. What's going on na?
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:46am On Jan 07, 2015
JulietAKK:

Lol. Nah,I didn't.
if i may ask ma'am, what did you study
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2015
Skimpledawg:

*clears throat*

oga skimpledawg i sight you grin
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:50am On Jan 07, 2015
TerryE:
Op, its taking u one week already to post this story. What's going on na?

try and understand bro wink

the story is fresh and from scratch. i haven't written it before. i only compose it as am typing, that's why it's taking this long
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:52am On Jan 07, 2015
alberto2k:
Oga Skimpledawg

Thou art hailing thee grin
don alberto, where my 2k wink
Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 11:30am On Jan 07, 2015
kingstylo01:

*clears throat*

oga skimpledawg i sight you grin
Nawa o! Come post ya story free me n JulietAKK nau! Abi u wan write story bout our 'love' grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oriki Orile / John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon / A Saint In Disguise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.